Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Lizzie Mintdrop nommed by @Switchstreetz

Jack has been fairly quiet the last few days, aside from posting a year old video of Dash the rabbit which lasted less than 24 hours.

Jack is spending her saturday night stabbing biscuits.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Ah I’m a jealous old troll cos I’d love to risk my fingers daily with those global knives. Someone I knew got a full set for a couple of hundred quid from a dealer - that’s a grand of sharpness!

• Wow
Reactions: 33
I think spending a Saturday night talking about the starting salaries of different professions (teachers, nurses, cough cough) would be fabulousa.

Unfortunately, I never got to wear epaulettes in any of my teaching jobs, even though I was gay during of all of them.
Can’t tell if this is sarcasm but honestly can’t think of anything worse and was conscious of not starting that or seeming like an insensitive head, so sorry if that failed. Just flagging that Jack has been elevated far beyond her skill set twice in life. Not that salary is indicative of skill set or a role’s value anyway ! 😬

Most importantly how was this knife triangulated so quickly?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
If that knife really is that expensive, it could have been a gift or a charity shop find? I only check this thread very occasionally but I have some expensive items in my house that I just kind of got lucky finding. I definitely didn't pay full price for any of my more expensive belongings.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
If that knife really is that expensive, it could have been a gift or a charity shop find? I only check this thread very occasionally but I have some expensive items in my house that I just kind of got lucky finding. I definitely didn't pay full price for any of my more expensive belongings.
or… she’s an inveterate spender who’s made a career lying about being poor?

I know which I find more likely.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Title by @Lizzie Mintdrop nommed by @Switchstreetz

Jack has been fairly quiet the last few days, aside from posting a year old video of Dash the rabbit which lasted less than 24 hours.

Jack is spending her saturday night stabbing biscuits.
“Jack is spending her saturday night stabbing biscuits.” made me laugh out loud!

We also had -

- Jack was out at a fancy restaurant and proudly announced that she would not be trying to recreate her meal.
She then replied to a (different) restaurant on that post where she told them she HAD tried to recreate their dish,

- An instagram story selfie with a hair and make up stylist at a photography studio

- Three whole posts and an long essay all about... cabbage

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Everything expensive Jack has is a gift, a charity shop find, or gifted by a magic muddy puddle

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
or… she’s an inveterate spender who’s made a career lying about being poor?

I know which I find more likely.
Impulsive spending is part of ADHD, so perhaps she treated herself with one of her book advances? I think she might be traumatised by when she was poor so she still has the mindset of someone living in poverty, and that's what comes across when she chooses to do things the long way for the sake of a few ££s. I'm inclined to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, to a point.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
There's loads of broken biscuit recipes online. No doubt Jack won't make any of them because they would be edible. Jack will add lard and anchovies topped with an inexplicable egg.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Impulsive spending is part of ADHD, so perhaps she treated herself with one of her book advances? I think she might be traumatised by when she was poor so she still has the mindset of someone living in poverty, and that's what comes across when she chooses to do things the long way for the sake of a few ££s. I'm inclined to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, to a point.
Hi, what was it that prompted you to join up, and do take a look at the wiki which details all the times Jack admitted she wasn’t poor, only went to a food bank once and her housemates in the shared house of 5 were...her parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Knife questions:
Why is the knife full sized?
Where is the rust?
Will this all end in eyeshadow?

Biscuit questions:
They look fancy, were they found in a puddle?
Will it be a slow cooker or curry or domino icing next?
Is Jack now so poor that shop-bought broken biscuits are too spendy and she has to make her own?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She never lived in poverty though.

Check out the wiki if you want to know more - we have (a LOT of) receipts.

ETA: crossposted with @HotesTilaire! Great minds etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Are you aware of our body of work?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
Hi, what was it that prompted you to join up, and do take a look at the wiki which details all the times Jack admitted she wasn’t poor, only went to a food bank once and her housemates in the shared house of 5 were...her parents.
I thought she started her career when she got a book deal for some recipes in a newspaper and the whole thing was that she was a poor single mum, and there are pictures of her and SB looking very thin and worse for wear, living in a cold house etc etc?

Oh I've been here like a whole year, I just don't usually comment, or even look at this unless I randomly remember it exists - I have ADHD too 🤣

Are you aware of our body of work?
To be honest I haven't really kept up, no.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
You really need to read the wiki. Pink button, top right hand on this page. She was never poor. The selling lightbulb stories is a lie. She said only last week that she’s still got a laptop she had since way before “the poverty” - why would you sell your son’s toys but not a laptop? Her dad inherited a property empire. She’s extremely well connected and lies about being working class as a “niche” in the food world. Either you’re trolling or you’re naive as to why someone who markets herself as doing good has over 200 threads debunking her many and constant lies.

Just saw this on Ching’s Insta - Sir Matt of the Forearms’ mystique has fully left the building. He’s just any moist, slurring rugger bugger you’d see on the train into London from Twickenham on a Saturday.
EF150DA4-AA37-4A75-A6A5-F78CFF540AB3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.