Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion but most people commenting are beyond the end of their patience for all of the reasons set out in the wiki, so it’s not really something up for debate, most of us do think she is malicious and dishonest and many of us have ADHD, Autism, RA, Long Covid, a variety of disabilities, are LGBTQ+ and allies, single parents, poor, Northern Irish, Cypriot, from Southend or some have just wasted good food and money which they didn’t need to, thanks to Fack.
I made one of her tin can cook recipes once. Vile. Maybe it's me though, I'm not exactly a Michelin star chef.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
The absolute state of that baking tray.
AGAIN.
Absolutely minty isn’t it 🤢 imagine having the endless hoarded stuff she has and choosing that filthy tin.

I've read some of it. I'm not a troll, no. Just someone who isn't convinced Jack is all 100% terrible. I don't think she's above criticism but I don't think she's as bad as some people make out. I think she has genuine difficulties with organisation and people skills, and she commits to things she can't actually fulfill. I also think she needs help for her mental health. But I don't think she's malicious.
She’s stated many times that she has access to private healthcare (three therapists on speed dial) and has recently been dropping hints about extensive “treatment” that necessitated a stay in central London. She has the means to get help, just malignant narcissists are often resistant to treatment because it’s everyone else who is wrong, not them.

Also she’s extremely malicious: there was a thread or two in which a former friend of hers came on and said nothing particularly bad and she sent cease and desist letters to her from her lawyer. If she knew that she had been honest about her circumstances she’d have no need for litigation to stop the truth coming out. Also doesn’t strike me as a particularly accessible solution to the “working class” to rely on costly solicitors.

But there’s a rave section if you feel there’s a real injustice being committed here.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
ETA text since that font is so hard to read -

”The gold glitter spray I use on everything - cakes, hot chocolate, smoothie bowls, bread, desserts, anything that needs some sparkle-is this from Asda, it’s £3.25. Alcohol free, and lasts for ages. (Not a as, I just get asked a lot!)”

View attachment 758327
Hi Jack. 🙋‍♂️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Absolutely minty isn’t it 🤢 imagine having the endless hoarded stuff she has and choosing that filthy tin.

She’s stated many times that she has access to private healthcare (three therapists on speed dial) and has recently been dropping hints about extensive “treatment” that necessitated a stay in central London. She has the means to get help, just malignant narcissists are often resistant to treatment because it’s everyone else who is wrong, not them.

Also she’s extremely malicious: there was a thread or two in which a former friend of hers came on and said nothing particularly bad and she sent cease and desist letters to her from her lawyer. If she knew that she had been honest about her circumstances she’d have no need for litigation to stop the truth coming out. Also doesn’t strike me as a particularly accessible solution to the “working class” to rely on costly solicitors.

But there’s a rave section if you feel there’s a real injustice being committed here.
I didn't know about any of that. Is it all on the wiki with sources?

Reactions: 5
I've never made food sparkle myself but there is something to be said for a little bit of glitter to brighten a rubbish day. I have three young kids so we have all the glitter.
277 people are currently paying at least £3.50 pcm to receive nothing off her via Patreon, outside of the November 2020 discount code for her own online store x

42CF060E-974E-4332-9750-327F99CCD7A8.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Impulsive spending is part of ADHD, so perhaps she treated herself with one of her book advances? I think she might be traumatised by when she was poor so she still has the mindset of someone living in poverty, and that's what comes across when she chooses to do things the long way for the sake of a few ££s. I'm inclined to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, to a point.
Jack didn’t grow up poor if you read her first book she refers to selling her Omega watch that was a 21st birthday gift from her parents she did not have a poor or even working class upbringing

She grew up comfortably middle class with ballet lessons her mother driving a navy Range Rover living in a 5 bed house

There’s no shame in being brought up as she was unless it doesn’t fit ‘the can’t afford butter grift”

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
I'm not familiar with patreon, does it show you posts even if you're not signed up? Are you sure there aren't more recent posts you just can't see because you're not a member?
It shows previews of all posts for non subscribers & people without Patreon accounts. ETA - if you’re having to ask a million questions and play Devil’s advocate with every single point, don’t you start to worry that it could just be true? :/

With this and your sudden appearance on the RSM thread starting to wonder if we’re getting trolled…?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
It shows previews of all posts for non subscribers & people without Patreon accounts. ETA - if you’re having to ask a million questions and play Devil’s advocate with every single point, don’t you start to worry that it could just be true? :/

With this and your sudden appearance on the RSM thread starting to wonder if we’re getting trolled…?
It's not RSM, or Jack again, is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

I'm on the matt haig thread too :)

ETA - it was a genuine question. I've not used patreon before. Being unconvinced someone isn't 100% a bad person because I haven't read all 200+ threads doesn't make me a troll. I pop in and out of this site and I haven't heard of most of the people the site talks about. I stumbled across the RSM thread after looking at the Jack threads. Bit weird that you're this suspicious?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
bleeping golden bread? Stop it. She would really have to be scraping the barrel for a gold spray #spon, it's hardly up there with Del Monte, Hellman's and Sainsbury's but I suppose those jaunts to London aren't going to pay for themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
It probably is, the wiki covers so much, and it’s all so well explained, with sources for everything.
Please do have a read of it when you have a chance, it will answer so many of your questions.
The majority of people here are SO kind and empathetic, and like you a lot of us gave Jack the benefit of the doubt, until we realised what she’s really like.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I would argue Jack is malicious the treatment of the kitten being one example. Also given she refers to her son’s father being very involved as a co parent is she a single mother?

According to Jack’s own words he has been supportive since Jack knew she was pregnant

I think it malicious to refer to herself as a single mother when he’s been there constantly for his son as it dismisses his contribution

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Probably not as that’s fairly recent and small potatoes compared to the lying, animal abuse, failure to supply goods paid for etc, however it is all detailed in previous threads with sources and screenshots.
ETA I said small potatoes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣I didn’t even think!

I'm on the matt haig thread too :)

ETA - it was a genuine question. I've not used patreon before. Being unconvinced someone isn't 100% a bad person because I haven't read all 200+ threads doesn't make me a troll. I pop in and out of this site and I haven't heard of most of the people the site talks about. I stumbled across the RSM thread after looking at the Jack threads. Bit weird that you're this suspicious?
To be honest, popping into a discussion asking questions/stating the opposite/“taking the other side” is actually what trolling is. Funny enough people here have spent up to 200 threads discussing why they dont like Jack, were quite deeply entrenched by now. Also a few people now have pointed you to the wiki to answer your questions yet you’re asking questions about what’s in the wiki, I’m afraid my patience is worn now.
Aargh my posts combined

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.