Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You really need to read the wiki. Pink button, top right hand on this page. She was never poor. The selling lightbulb stories is a lie. She said only last week that she’s still got a laptop she had since way before “the poverty” - why would you sell your son’s toys but not a laptop? Her dad inherited a property empire. She’s extremely well connected and lies about being working class as a “niche” in the food world. Either you’re trolling or you’re naive as to why someone who markets herself as doing good has over 200 threads debunking her many and constant lies.

Just saw this on Ching’s Insta - Sir Matt of the Forearms’ mystique has fully left the building. He’s just any moist, slurring rugger bugger you’d see on the train into London from Twickenham on a Saturday.
View attachment 758300
I've read some of it. I'm not a troll, no. Just someone who isn't convinced Jack is all 100% terrible. I don't think she's above criticism but I don't think she's as bad as some people make out. I think she has genuine difficulties with organisation and people skills, and she commits to things she can't actually fulfill. I also think she needs help for her mental health. But I don't think she's malicious.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
She's getting in character for her role in the new Scream film. Ruby Rose had other commitments, I think it was something to do with a book on how to efficiently burn your house down with minimal expenditure?

scream if you want to cook slower.jpg

Edit: Max is that you again?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Can’t tell if this is sarcasm but honestly can’t think of anything worse and was conscious of not starting that or seeming like an insensitive head, so sorry if that failed. Just flagging that Jack has been elevated far beyond her skill set twice in life. Not that salary is indicative of skill set or a role’s value anyway ! 😬
Sarcasm dear heart. Sorry if I was too crushed up stock cubey salty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
At this point we’re just going to have to replace me with a bot that repeats her dad is a multi property landlord

Her first book references a £4k watch she was given for her birthday

She’s live tweeted chronic diarrhoea there is no secrets left between her and this coven

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
But I don't think she's malicious.
I used to think that as well, back in the day when she first appeared in media. I felt sorry for her when I heard the story of how she and her son struggled..
Then I saw how she takes money from those who willingly send it to her believing she is poor and who can’t spare it themselves (yet brags about 5 figure deals with big brands and collaborations), how she snaps at those on social media and causes ‘pile-ons’ to others (also could be called bullying really..), and how she treats animals. I now think she is very malicious indeed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
ETA text since that font is so hard to read -

”The gold glitter spray I use on everything - cakes, hot chocolate, smoothie bowls, bread, desserts, anything that needs some sparkle - is this from Asda, it’s £3.25, alcohol free, and lasts for ages. (Not a as, I just get asked a lot!)”

CBD362A5-0716-4351-A371-06D54AE3D285.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion but most people commenting are beyond the end of their patience for all of the reasons set out in the wiki, so it’s not really something up for debate, most of us do think she is malicious and dishonest and many of us have ADHD, Autism, RA, Long Covid, a variety of disabilities, are LGBTQ+ and allies, single parents, poor, Northern Irish, Cypriot, from Southend or some have just wasted good food and money which they didn’t need to, thanks to Fack.
Oh Vegan and Vegetarian as well. I forget, as a lifelong vegetarian that it’s a “variance” also one of us is a carrot

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
"Anything that needs some sparkle"

Food does not "need some sparkle". Good food does not need to be disguised with gold paint.
I've never made food sparkle myself but there is something to be said for a little bit of glitter to brighten a rubbish day. I have three young kids so we have all the glitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.