Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s half-Cypriot at best (and yes, I am splitting hairs because Greece and Cyprus are two different countries!)

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She’s half-Cypriot at best (and yes, I am splitting hairs because Greece and Cyprus are two different countries!)
Her grandad married an English (Tory) woman so her dad is half Cypriot, not her.

I get cultural identity isn’t just fractions of being but does Thorpe Bay even have a Greek/Cypriot community? Idk why the parents don’t have a word, as mother to a third gen baby I’d be mortified if she used her (actually DEAD!) grandads’ identities as a means of scoring marginalised points and nothing else…

• Heart
Reactions: 52
My Nan was Scottish. That would be like somebody posting a haggis dish and me writing underneath 'This Scot loves you'

All of my friends would be like, eh? Scot? She's got a cockney accent and has only been there on holiday 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54
My Nan was Scottish. That would be like somebody posting a haggis dish and me writing underneath 'This Scot loves you'

All of my friends would be like, eh? Scot? She's got a cockney accent and has only been there on holiday 😂
You'd actually be surprised at the amount of people who try to claim a Scottish identity when they have one Scottish grandparent, surprised Jack hasn't found some Scottishness in her family tree yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Also was her grandfather born in cyprus or did his parents move to england. That also means he would be an English citizen.

Also i dont know for certain but judging by the rough time frame he would came to the UK ie fifties. He would have probably needed a visa and English citizenship.

I think nigella needs to be turned the right way out after cringing so hard. Bless her.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Both my parents were born in Wales, all 4 of my grandparents were born in Wales and 6 out of the 8 great-grandparents were born in Wales. All my grandparents spoke Welsh in the home, my father didn't start to learn English until he started school. I speak a little bit of Welsh. I was born in Salford.

Do I call myself Welsh? No I do not.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Conversely, Mr F was born in Scotland to English parents and is a proud Scot!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Morning cabal, had the most horrifying dream that me and another tattler were out with their baby when we bumped into Jack. She was being really passive aggressive and drawing on the walls of the shop, when she twigged we were fraus she stole my trainers for her collection and ran scampered off (unrealistic I know, tragically my trainers are just normal affordable ones not hideous triple figure monstrosities 😂)

Yeah, the ‘four foot love of my life with holiday hair’ is just a massive smartphone with one of our orange wigs on top.
Maybe it's a mannequin of nigella, she feeds it fishy eggs and dresses it up in wigs.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Oh Christ, I only just realised it's a post from hersefl! I first though someone had tagged Jack to get her attention to it.

Djeezy Creezy, that's bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Who actually says i adore you to strangers on the internet.

Yes i know they have online bantz but they are hardly laurel and hardy.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.