Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noooooooooooo 🥺
Should we keep them?
I'm torn between thinking:
a) they're the best thing ever and should stay
b) they won't be as fun if we wear them for every thread
c) it's like a secret handshake to cabalistas on other threads
and
d) duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Holy tit 🤣 I do wonder if she's based her personality around Basil sometimes, LJC being Manuel in this instance.

I have got 5 minutes in and the lies are just flowing out of her.

Apparently Jack is working class, no mention of the detached residence or landlord father with an MBE (you know, like all working class people have)

Her breakfast had to be the biggest box of food that Leon sell. Yet she says she has overcome her disordered eating.

Her dad is Greek Cypriot (no he is not) her mother is Northern Irish, though no mention of how that was reflected in the food.

Then she had a slightly difficult relationship with food because she went to a grammar school. No mention of how she overcame it.

Food was a family affair, simple working class food, pie and mash and Sunday roast. You could hear her flailing around thinking "what do the poors eat?". She has no idea what working class people eat, she just says what she thinks they eat. Most people just eat ordinary food day to day. Even middle class people don't eat caviar, foie gras and truffles every day. I am surprised she didn't say jellied eels and pea liquor. No mention of the Greek food she remembers so vividly, or the Birds trifle.

She gave her job up because her childcare arrangements failed. It appears to me (just an assumption M'Lord) that her Mum was the main person assisting with childcare (and why not, she has loads of experience with foster kids, and she wouldn't turn her back on her own grandchild) and Jack took the piss.

Jack applied for 300 jobs and never got one. What jobs was she applying for, was she under or overqualified? Why did 300 businesses that were recruiting staff think Jack was not suitable? Could it possibly be something Jack was doing/writing in her CV/saying at interview that put them off? Of course it was never anything to do with the way Jack presented herself that made them think "trouble with a big T"

At this point I had to switch off, it was too much to listen to when you are looking out for the lies. Especially when they are so easy to spot.
I'd put money on the jobs she applied for being ones that she didn't consider below her. Can't imagine she was putting in applications to factories and supermarkets and tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
FFS 😂😂😂

Matt Tebbutt has *the* perfect face for refaces, I am deceased. So good to see you back mucker

Have you ever considered unleashing reface on the Beggy Meldrum thread Al??

I can't bare to listen to her, but I remember she was applying for the most ludicrous jobs like forklift driver. No ability to drive a forklift, but y'know...I do partly get applying for nonsense when there's limited job availability and government mandated search numbers to get your benefits, but she wasn't claiming anything (allegedly) so no need to do that.

Typical 😂
A few years ago, I was covering for my Line Manager at work and we were doing interviews for a driver. This guy came in, answered the questions and then I asked for his driver’s licence so I could photocopy it…he handed me his provisional and the other boss reminded him it was for a driving job. He said he was almost ready to sit his test and “was confident he would pass first time”

If it was a 5ft 1.7” Jack with a Southend accent, now-me would not be a bit surprised

Fingers crossed Jacks announced for strictly tonight x x
Oh no!!! One day they just might accept her. Part of me thinks it would be the pits but the other part thinks it’ll be comedy gold!

I won’t tag them in because I don’t want to pressure them into coming back but I’m missing my Kitchen Disco partner Harry Bosch and Into The Tunnel amongst others. Funny how you can have such good times with strangers!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Early January 2021 was when we were suggesting shifts for fraus as the never ending CHAOS was too much for even a whole cable of mithering ninnies to handle.

We had Covid, long Covid, LJC real Covid in the press, Rish mate, and possibly RSM and FSM. T’was relentless. I think Silver and Marm got RSI from screenshotting.
And amidst all this, she was under constant onslaught by the viggles AND cancelled by Leftist Twitter.

I still sometimes wake myself up cringing with "Your comrade, Jack Monroe" rattling around my head.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I'd put money on the jobs she applied for being ones that she didn't consider below her. Can't imagine she was putting in applications to factories and supermarkets and tit.
A supermarket job is Jack's fallback don't forget.

If they would employ Jack then, why did she not take the job? If they wouldn't employ Jack then, why would they now or in the future? It just doesn't make sense.

It also demonstrates her contempt for such lowly jobs. They are beneath her unless in an absolute emergency (and even then she would rather her child go hungry)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Carole Malone is trending. Has she done a chaos since Jack is AWAY?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I've booked in to the barbers for a trim and a grey rinse. I'll be glad to see the back of my kumquat, it clashes with my distinguished beard. Though I am looking forward to thread 300. Can we have Jack's à la Nigella hairstyle for that one? I would look lovely with shoulder length tresses. I've got the benders at the ready.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Looks like it's almost time to release my kumquat into the wild!

Farewell little kumquat, until next time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
And amidst all this, she was under constant onslaught by the viggles AND cancelled by Leftist Twitter.

I still sometimes wake myself up cringing with "Your comrade, Jack Monroe" rattling around my head.
That’s your Cath Kidston witch 😭💔

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Did anyone else randomly start singing Two Sloups in work today and had to explain to their bemused work colleagues or was that just me?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.