Jack Monroe #198 Marcus! Marcus! Marcus!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just realised, if Jack is the Antichrist (of the food world), no wonder it didn’t work out with LJC 😮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I guess the Olympics & paralympics come under LJC’s remit and she has been really BUSY the last few months.

Reactions: 22
I have a heart condition. I have a heart condition! If you hit me I eat this it’s murder!
I love Withnail and I. That scene in the coffee shop is so Jack-esque. 😆
..."We've gone on holiday by mistake..."
(Not Edinburgh by sleeper train though)...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
#freepatrick

If that video is true then she is an abuser and Patrick and the kids should get away from her!

He should have just ignored the article. He's got the right to earn money however he wants, and some right wing rag trying to discredit him shouldn't bother him.

Yeah, it's a bit performative like someone saying she is donating the fees for interviews to hungry kids but at least he is genuinely making a difference.
I understand it must be frustrating to have people write critical articles about you. But I think he would have been better off not mentioning it and giving it publicity. I hardly know anyone who reads the Spectator. It probably would have only been read by people who’ve already made their mind up about him anyway.

Reactions: 18
The Spectator is such a bonkers mag! I was rummaging around in the archives at work, and there are leather bound volumes of it going back to 1890. Looks like they are desperately trying to be edgy and relevant, whilst maintaining that trad Victorian attitude.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Jack will be fuming about dishwasher salmon, she'll be cooking frozen fish fingers in the washing machine to one up us now, or making dairylea paninis in the toaster

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I think I have 🔺🔺🔺🔺 where Jack is.
We are having record breaking heat and there is a place called Ballywattycock which had the highest temperature on record in NI.

good news is there is a Belfast restaurant which appears to have hired Jack because these are their latest new menu items which look amazingly seasonal😂😂

(I’m sure thesedishes probably taste lovely but they aren’t exactly heatwave safe!)
Why does the top one look like one of those micro-photos of a spider with shitloads of eyes?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Why does the top one look like one of those micro-photos of a spider with shitloads of eyes?
Why would you do that? Why? Is it because you live on that massive island (I know this is an incorrect term but the trauma of your post and heat has momentarily stopped my brain from working ) inhabited by spiders that no one should ever have to meet in their lives? 🥰

On topic…please let Jackanory have the phone back for the Olympics LJC 🙏. Having a late night (but Tokyo-time) commentary on rowing, sport climbing, skateboarding and trampolining will be too good to miss.

• Haha
Sorry Tunnel! That's why it's behind a spoiler :) Aus is both a continent and an island, so you are correct.

• Haha
  • Heart
I have posted this previously, but... this is the most ridiculous recipe ever created.

Mac & cheese in a mug. The recipe starts at 18:06.

OMFG how have I never see this before (and I know I haven’t cos my eyes have not yet been plucked from my head nor my ears torn off). Honestly, I’m not around much at the mo cos things are a bit mad and I’ve been working like an Anti-Jack but when I do dip in I’m confronted with this. Jee-zuzz. 😳 How are you all, ninnies? Good, I hope. 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
OMFG how have I never see this before (and I know I haven’t cos my eyes have not yet been plucked from my head nor my ears torn off). Honestly, I’m not around much at the mo cos things are a bit mad and I’ve been working like an Anti-Jack but when I do dip in I’m confronted with this. Jee-zuzz. 😳 How are you all, ninnies? Good, I hope. 😁
1626848699696.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It’s the smug eyebrow raising and monotone Partridge voice for me.

“Risotto… kedgeree…”

Ok den

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Why is she reading her own book. Shouldnt she know what it says. 🤷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Anyone remember when Katie Hopkins attended that Campaign to Unite the Nation Trophy ceremony where she gave an incredibly racist speech and apparently completely fell for it?

Could see our Jack falling for similar.

eta: though Jack as far as I'm aware isn't a big old racist so she has that going for her I suppose

ummm....depends upon how you view using African American Vernacular English in a tweet ordering Marcus Rashford around.

I know what the deliberate choice of words made by some middle class/middleaged white woman to publicly address somebody a different ethnicity to them would mean to anybody round here. And the response wouldn't be 'Oh well, African American, Black British, they're interchangeable all the same, just words after all'

• Heart
Reactions: 34
This just tickled me for some reason. It just sums Fack up so beautifully.
Official nomination for

The recipe starts at 18:06.

As the #threadtitle. There will be a fancy award ceremony with lots of corporate sponsors, and of course, it’ll be my mates who are running things. I’d like as big stupid trophy that I show off next to my fake doctorate pls.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
None of that tea looks appetising.

I am currently and have been for the last year working my away and drinking many teas purchased from the whittard of chelsea shop. Most of its been bought online but i was overjoyed to visit one of their actual stores last year ( when lockdown lifted a touch)

Oh just to clarify that i do not think i am qualified to judge tea. I just enjoy a good cuppa and that ladys work aint it.

Also if your pee is the colour of the one second from the right. Your diagnosis will most likely be youre fucked. 😬

If you're JM, yes. For us mere mortals, it just means you need to not eat a packet of cooked beetroot 2 hours before your sample.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
A thought just struck me whilst daydreaming during a particularly boring Zoom meeting...

Katie Hopkins being deported (🤣🤣🤣🤣) has put a flurry of Jack mentions on my twitter feed. I had a quick hashtag search and there are gazillions of tweets saying Jack bankrupted Hopkins, Jack cleaned her out, Jack took all her money etc etc
I'm guessing a big reason she hasn't/can't react is because she would have to face the fact she really did get thousands and thousands from the case and people would know she isn't poor.
She admitted she bought the sofa and a couple of holidays but she has to admit that the rest was either pissed up the wall or she's still got it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.