Jack Monroe #198 Marcus! Marcus! Marcus!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ummm....depends upon how you view using African American Vernacular English in a tweet ordering Marcus Rashford around.

I know what the deliberate choice of words made by some middle class/middleaged white woman to publicly address somebody a different ethnicity to them would mean to anybody round here. And the response wouldn't be 'Oh well, African American, Black British, they're interchangeable all the same, just words after all'
Yep fair play. Somehow blanked that despite the tweet itself making my cringe my hole inside out.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
been checking all day and the spectator article about Marcus hasn't materialised. I can only assume this is a direct result of my scathing satire.

what? thousands of tweets in support of Marcus? and I still cancelled the spectator with my silly little post? excellent

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Mainly vegan means cooking a horrid but suitable meal (sometimes even going so far as to use vegan cheese) and then sticking at least one egg in, on or around it. Jack may work behind the scenes at the British Egg Industry Council. I wouldn't be surprised if she thinks 'three lions' means three eggs with the Lion Quality mark.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
looks like the spectator's coming for Jack's bestie. I look forward to the supportive tweets 😶

View attachment 671893
This sort of thing really boils my piss! The media love nothing more than to big someone up only to tear them down. But what really irks me is why they won’t go after some of the more nefarious people in the public eye, investigate them and then print a story?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
This sort of thing really boils my piss! The media love nothing more than to big someone up only to tear them down. But what really irks me is why they won’t go after some of the more nefarious people in the public eye, investigate them and then print a story?

There is the very obvious difference in the case of Marcus Rashford. Same way that the photograph on the front page of the Scum happened to be of the player who hadn't just been arrested, which, despite the words will automatically mean that a considerable number of their market share will be thinking (and saying) it was him because of his obvious difference.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Three Lions on my egg
Cabal Fraus still heaving
Thirty months of boak
Never stopped us dreaming

We know Jack had two cats THEN
But when Cooper came she didn’t have a cat AGAIN

It’s coming home it’s coming home it’s coming
Grifting’s buying a home

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Three Lions on my egg
Thirty months of boak

Grifting’s buying a home
Beautiful ❤🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Three Lions on my egg
Thirty months of boak

Grifting’s buying a home
so many boaks
so many tears
about SEISS rishi dear
wear you down
through tinned pears

but I still see that tackle by Dash
and jack rakes in the cash
and I have a mask
and Cooper's dancing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

it will be interesting to see what is actually in the article if/when it is published. There are rumours on Twitter it is to do with interesting tax within his company. A lot of people jumping to his defence to basically say Marcus is beyond scrutiny which i think is wrong. No one should be beyond scrutiny/criticism. Hopefully he hasn’t done anything wrong. But it reminds me of people defending Jack’s behaviour due to them not liking Katie Hopkins and elevating her as some sort of Saint because of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
it will be interesting to see what is actually in the article if/when it is published. There are rumours on Twitter it is to do with interesting tax within his company. A lot of people jumping to his defence to basically say Marcus is beyond scrutiny which i think is wrong. No one should be beyond scrutiny/criticism. Hopefully he hasn’t done anything wrong. But it reminds me of people defending Jack’s behaviour due to them not liking Katie Hopkins and elevating her as some sort of Saint because of it.
I totally agree, I don’t think anyone is immune from scrutiny. But if the article wasn’t published when expected, it’s making me think they didn’t have anything to back it up?

I think it’s hard to see why nobody looks into Jack and joins the dots but it’s much easier to do that here when everything is collected and in one place. On the face of it, it doesn’t seem fair that nobody called into question whether she donated the money to Magic Breakfast or whether she profited off the back of the free school meals stuff but I guess she’s not that important

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I totally agree, I don’t think anyone is immune from scrutiny. But if the article wasn’t published when expected, it’s making me think they didn’t have anything to back it up?

I think it’s hard to see why nobody looks into Jack and joins the dots but it’s much easier to do that here when everything is collected and in one place. On the face of it, it doesn’t seem fair that nobody called into question whether she donated the money to Magic Breakfast or whether she profited off the back of the free school meals stuff but I guess she’s not that important
This is why I originally brought up the Belle Gibson doc, if some doc maker took the time to scrutinise Jack, they'd have enough material for a full Netflix true crime series!

(Crimes against food obvs)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
This is why I originally brought up the Belle Gibson doc, if some doc maker took the time to scrutinise Jack, they'd have enough material for a full Netflix true crime series!

(Crimes against food obvs)
At least we know Jack definitely wouldn’t go on camera and state something that wasn’t true - she was almost crying having a pleasant chat with Piers Morgan (pleasant as in he wasn’t shouting at her) and she almost fainted with the stress of Eamonn hurrying her along

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
We get the Spectator at work. Will look tomorrow to see if there's anything in the print edition

• Heart
Reactions: 24
At least we know Jack definitely wouldn’t go on camera and state something that wasn’t true - she was almost crying having a pleasant chat with Piers Morgan (pleasant as in he wasn’t shouting at her) and she almost fainted with the stress of Eamonn hurrying her along
I call her Billy big bollocks. All gob on line, but a cowardly wimp in real life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I thought it was fairly commonplace for big sport stars to channel earnings through company structures nowadays - it helps control stuff like copyrights and merchandising too, as well as tax payments - we only have to look at our Jack to see it’s beneficial.

I can see why it might be attractive to have a go at Marcus if his earnings are treated as such but I dare say there are very few people altruistic enough to channel their earnings through a PAYE scheme when it’s in excess of £100-200k a week.

I hope it’s is nothing more than that. I would hate to see one of these dodgy Gary Barlow/Jimmy Carr set ups connected to him.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.