Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It has a similar look to the thoughts inside Eamons head when Ruth told her to plate the lingreenie up and make it pretty.
Eamonn gives a furtive, but stern, look off camera just before they link over to the Slop Shed. Something was going on before the item started, only conjecture, but EH goes into that knowing it's about to be a car crash.

You know you've fucked up if Ruth is getting snippy with you, she's seems like the loveliest kind of person, so to have her getting short and patronising says a lot!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She really really said it 😂
The link to a post with the video link is here hare here. There’s nothing finer than the comedy cringe value of Ruth cajoling a difficult toddler and Eamonn’s stoic stony silence. Prepare to say goodbye to your grimace muscles.

(I’ll pop a link to the video in the wiki as well)
Did they go back to her after the break for the plated version? Love Ruth’s ‘dish it up so you can make it look your usual prettiness’ - nothing was going to save that dish!

ETA: correction to what Ruth said.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Did they go back to her after the break for the plated version? Love Ruth’s ‘so you can make it look prettiness’ - nothing was going to save that dish!

ETA: correction to what Ruth said.
Ruths face gave away it away then that the dish was hopeless and how thankful shw was that she was miles away so she didnt have to

Also who was she distancing from? The cat, the brambly mice the postman with his nose cocked in the air ( like a bloodhound)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Just heard on the radio that part 2 of the food strategy is to be published today (or maybe tomorrow). Written by friend of Jack’s, son of David and Josceline Dimbleby, ex student of Eton and a physics graduate of Oxford, and child actor, who co founded Leon with Jack’s ex fiancée Allegra, Henry Dimbleby. Who could be better placed to write such a document? Jack has told us many times that she worked on this document so I look forward to reading her contributions. Apparently it is expected to focus on eating less meat, so it seems to be a perfect time for coating chicken in crunchy nut cornflakes.
I heard about that on R4 this morning, I wondered if Jack would get her due credit 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 13
“Eight thousand A4 pages”

Wonder how much A4 she’s wasted now seeing as that was thread 11ish
The poor ICO man turning up to the crappy bungalow only to find its filled floor to ceiling with paper, with Cooper curled atop it all like a dragon and his hoard.

Imagine bumping your hips and shins on all the hidden sideboards, then accidentally uncovering the skeleton of the HMRC tax inspector who was sent previously but was tragically crushed to death by a stack of ring bound folders 😭🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Omg this was the best of chaoses, the fact GoHenry had to get involved and kick her out their service 😂

She then tried a mini thread claiming that they need to look into their fraud as she’d been hacked? No hun you broke their ToS you truly did it to urself
The best thing about the GoHenry saga was that she had lied about using the card in the first place. I remember an eagle-eyed frau spotting this from one of Jack's Asda receipts.

Let that sink in: Jack Monroe was pretending to commit fraud with a child's debit card, just to seem poorer.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
The best thing about the GoHenry saga was that she had lied about using the card in the first place. I remember an eagle-eyed frau spotting this from one of Jack's Asda receipts.

Let that sink in: Jack Monroe was pretending to commit fraud with a child's debit card, just to seem poorer.
Oh I forgot that bit - it was a visa or MasterCard situation!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It was such a short segment, she should have had the dish made and set up, and used the time to make another (with ready cooked pasta...) while explaining perhaps her book and each stage
Yes... I was thinking through how I would have done it... I would have pre-cooked the pasta and blended the other ingredients already, with perhaps small handfuls of each of the veg on the side so I could show the viewer what they were and add them in for a super quick blitz in the blender (for 5 seconds not an uncomfortably long time when no one could hear over the noise). Then slice a couple of pieces of courgette to add to some pre-sliced pieces (actually it would also be pre-cooked, I love courgette but can't imagine eating it raw- is that a thing??). So basically 90% of the steps are already done and the segment is bringing it all together, talking the viewers through each step calmly without having your back to the camera or manically chopping whilst hyperventilating. And at the end serve up the pasta, pour on the sauce and grate some cheese. I'm not the best at presenting so I always practice, something that Jack doesn't seem to bother to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
These greatest bootstrap bangers always make me fizz like the soda stream anyone who's clawed and wailed at the face of poverty never had!

I couldn't pick a funniest bubble in all the fizz gathered- all recalled and summed up so exquisitely, but the way the eye not suffering from Urban Decay fails to resist blinking always makes me cackle.

Obviously mods will delete me now for being nice, but I kind of think 'thanks Matt very much Matt' (think I've re mangled that there) sounds like a cute mistake! But I know that's an unlikely way for Jack to come across, and I haven't actually watched it. I'm just not limber enough for too much Jack on film cringe.
Actually I think the searing terror I get from Alansbigpplate productions is great therapy for any exposure to that! X

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.