Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As Jack’s being so quiet anyone fancy making more of her dishes? Unfortunately I haven’t got any eggs or fish which is an instant disqualification.

ETA: if anyone wants to try the famous lasagne, this blog has some feedback for you to take on board

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
As Jack’s being so quiet anyone fancy making more of her dishes? Unfortunately I haven’t got any eggs or fish which is an instant disqualification.

ETA: if anyone wants to try the famous lasagne, this blog has some feedback for you to take on board
DONT DO IT
I’ve made it, it was dry leathery and not worth the effort of chopping all those bleeping mushrooms to a mush.

ETA it needed three times the amount of white sauce that was made. It served 4 probably. The sauce itself tasted ok but it was such a faff. If I had thought to take pictures I would share but I was really disappointed in all the time wasted. That was the last recipe of hers I attempted.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

so this is the "ultimate" lasagne as opposed to the horse spunk one or the fish finger and leek one? how can anyone, let alone a "food writer" keep getting lasagne so wrong??

I'm not sure that lasagne should be so ~sturdy~ that a knife stands up in it?!

20210615_213324.jpg

as an aside, the first time mr kcc came for tea, I made lasagne (with proper ragu and bechemel) and just look at us now!

eta. obv no shade to veggies and vegans. I do believe there are better substitutes than grated mushrooms and equine-style emissions

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Ed
so this is the "ultimate" lasagne as opposed to the horse spunk one or the fish finger and leek one? how can anyone, let alone a "food writer" keep getting lasagne so wrong??

View attachment 619336

as an aside, the first time mr kcc came for tea, I made lasagne (with proper ragu and bechamel) and just look at us now!

It resembles the stratified contents of a blocked waste disposal system.

• Haha
  • Heart

View attachment 619336

as an aside, the first time mr kcc came for tea, I made lasagne (with proper ragu and bechemel) and just look at us now!
It looks menacing (and gross). Especially with the knife impaled in it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

…yeah, one of you likes the other one of you to wear a Jack mask 😜….

…no judgement here Kachooks, this is a safe place

• Haha
Reactions: 39

View attachment 619336

eta. obv no shade to veggies and vegans. I do believe there are better substitutes than grated mushrooms and equine-style emissions
It looks like you would snap a tooth on the uncooked pasta sheets.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
One thing I've found interesting is after the teacher chaos the blue tick cooks have really jumped into her niche. And very deliberately, as in Prue with salad bag pesto, which is just one example.
Do you think it's their way of finally shutting her up? I've been also wondering if a cook blue ticker has mentioned to another one about Jack's behaviour and there's been a unsaid decision to punish (is that the right word?) her.
Edit to add the 'chef' world is very gossipy, so it wouldn't take much on a whats app closed group
I think that Jack demonstrated such an ungracious and unprofessional attitude (toward Jamie Oliver), and then came across so poorly in the TV/podcast/Instagram lives that people have moved past them. TV cooks and production companies alike. I did feel in that Channel 4 clip that everything Prue Leith was saying could easily have been put into the mouth of Jack Monroe. I think Jack may have been considered for it and then ruled out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

View attachment 619336

Maybe I’m an immature frau but I love the writing on the wall.

“Orange shites”. And the surreal wonder of…

Dream
Leek
Carrot
Shock

114E80CE-CCB3-4019-B8C2-A5F28F96DACD.jpeg

• Haha
That lasagne is the Jack equivalent of Excalibur. Should you be able to remove the knife you will be rewarded with a minted wife, an ultimate forever home (complete with hydrangea) and a second season of DKL.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
One thing I've found interesting is after the teacher chaos the blue tick cooks have really jumped into her niche. And very deliberately, as in Prue with salad bag pesto, which is just one example.
Do you think it's their way of finally shutting her up? I've been also wondering if a cook blue ticker has mentioned to another one about Jack's behaviour and there's been a unsaid decision to punish (is that the right word?) her.
Edit to add the 'chef' world is very gossipy, so it wouldn't take much on a whats app closed group
I really don't think she would be important enough for the blue tickers to have some kind of vendetta against her.

Channel 4 want Pru and Jamie fronting their shows because they are big names with a good track record who will attract viewers.

BBC2 did an Eat Well for Less programme which is more similar to the new C4 one.

It's also not exactly her niche. These are people who are wasting a huge amount of money and food who still have a large food budget and don't need to rinse spaghetti hoops.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

View attachment 619336

It honestly looks like your prison cell mate has just served your minced up missus in a lasagne for being a grass.

Was that the vibe you were aiming for, Jack?

• Haha
She's a grief thief. The only time she feels alive is when she's in crisis or makes her herself part of someone else's. When Jo Cox was murdered, Jack wrote an utterly over the top insta post and someone who knew Jo criticised her for it in the comments. I seem to recall something about Jack and her friends wailing in grief and Jo's friend being absolutely furious at Jack's narcissism.
Found the receipts for the Jo Cox posts. Sorry if already found (or now completely irrelevant). Am on a permanent grunk at the moment despite Jack’s absence.

ED85907E-9F6B-40D9-A4B5-46929B7740DE.jpeg
F4DC6F69-0FBC-4599-A2D2-792A10261DC2.jpeg
7F08FCE7-8453-453D-A981-F567FD56401A.jpeg

07EEA8B5-B272-42C4-85E2-44B61BF56523.jpg

I think this is the reply to the person questioning her motives (the question had been deleted):

BEF528FB-BA55-4323-98C6-AA324C6E44C2.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.