Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Delurk and you too could one day… have a chuckle every time you can legitimately answer with ‘Absolutely x’
I genuinely struggle to write texts to non-cable mates without using “SEVERELY”, “SHE/I LEFT”, “YES ABSOLUTELY”, at this point Jack speak is my mother tongue.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Whilst I have not made a stellar cook book career out of it I am a bit partial to odd food combos. Usually on freezer night!
Tonight- white basmati rice (cooked with salt and chives) with cheap Youngs fish cakes and a good Sploge of garlic Mayo (because I was too bloody hot and tired to make parsley sauce).
Remarkably tasty

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Whilst I have not made a stellar cook book career out of it I am a bit partial to odd food combos. Usually on freezer night!
Tonight- white basmati rice (cooked with salt and chives) with cheap Youngs fish cakes and a good Sploge of garlic Mayo (because I was too bloody hot and tired to make parsley sauce).
Remarkably tasty
Interesting that you cooked them as individual items. Did you not even consider putting them in the slow cooker! Weird.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Just had a thought.

So it seems Sunday is tweet day, so if she's AWAY from Monday till Friday does that mean it takes her from say Friday Eve till Sunday mid morn to grunk and then respond tweet?

Answers on a unattractive postcard please?
Sorry I can't be arsed sending one

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Just had a thought.

So it seems Sunday is tweet day, so if she's AWAY from Monday till Friday does that mean it takes her from say Friday Eve till Sunday mid morn to grunk and then respond tweet?

Answers on a unattractive postcard please?
Let's hope she's blocked in 'read 500+ variations of 'That's Amoré' on her £40 wallpaper thingy

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Interesting that you cooked them as individual items. Did you not even consider putting them in the slow cooker! Weird.
I considered blending to a soup but as I still have teeth I felt this was unnecessary.

also, I don’t have a gold pineapple have a souvenir royal baby biscuit tin (M&S) for my organic tampons.....

am I a budget-Fack?

I know I know... duck off...

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I considered blending to a soup but as I still have teeth I felt this was unnecessary.

also, I don’t have a gold pineapple have a souvenir royal baby biscuit tin (M&S) for my organic tampons.....

am I a budget-Fack?

I know I know... duck off...
I am alittle bit maverick but I keep my period products in the package they came in in a cupboard in my bathroom. Don't usderstanswhy I would need it in the lounge. Never felt the urge to change it during a movie?!

Can't believe I have being doing periods wrong since I was 14.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I nearly gave myself a hernia grunking my way through the last few threads. I’ve been BUSY of late but what an epic series of posts to return to dear hearts.
I cannot stop hooting at: ‘amp up and disguise the bean water’
How about just not bleeping using BEAN WATER frauen?

I am alittle bit maverick but I keep my period products in the package they came in in a cupboard in my bathroom. Don't usderstanswhy I would need it in the lounge. Never felt the urge to change it during a movie?!

Can't believe I have being doing periods wrong since I was 14.
You’re missing out on so much precious bonding time with your household. Nothing says Saturday Night like whipping a tampon out during Blind Date.

ETA: that’s amoleeee!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
oh, you may or may not remember that I'm grunking classic emmerdale (remember that image I got when I tried to reface jack and zak dingle? 😬)

well, in one of today's episodes, Marlon has just started cheffing at the woolpack and told Bernice he was gonna cook a veggie dish of nut stew with PEACHES

20 years ago, the writers of emmerdale were the prophets that predicted jack monroe, clearly

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Oh, I didn't realise the award was for being an LGBT role model. Well we certainly won't be voting for her now on account of the cabal as a collective unit hating gays. Giving gays an award is disgusting and I for one won't stand for acknowledging their success.

Lenny, Jack cannot cycle! It's her old nemesis, the roundabouts. In fact it was probably the roundabouts that got her fired from Sainsbury's, Hellman's and Linda's, made her send all those vitriolic tweets and forced her to take a break from television after DKL. I think they killed her rosemary too.
Roundabouts + unruly labia = chaos 🤯

Poor Rosemary ☹

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think Vlad is sending me secret messages via ITV Hub that’s the third time I’ve seen the Cotswold Company advert tonight complete with fancy sideboard.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Delurk and you too could confuse friends and family by referring to what you're doing as grunking!

I love how there's notifications of newcomers solidly grunking away through the early threads and liking posts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I think Vlad is sending me secret messages via ITV Hub that’s the third time I’ve seen the Cotswold Company advert tonight complete with fancy sideboard.
I’m very much like our superhero in that I ♥ facts. Did you know that the woman who does the CC voiceover in the ADs played Dr Lola Griffin in #classicholbycity but…wait for it…also sang on the 1991 Nomad hit ‘I Wanna Give you Devotion’

Do not say I don’t tell you guys anything interesting!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I’m very much like our superhero in that I ♥ facts. Did you know that the woman who does the CC voiceover in the ADs played Dr Lola Griffin in #classicholbycity but…wait for it…also sang on the 1991 Nomad hit ‘I Wanna Give you Devotion’

oh I used to love her when I watched holby!

I feel terrible feeling sad that it's finishing when I've not watched it in years 😭

on topic, delurk and you too can post your pics of dead birds abandoned gloves

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Delurk and you can take part in a slopalong, although based on personal experience, I don't recommend it.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Now that is an interesting fact, Devotion is an iconic song 😍

Another fun fact, I think I’ve found out why Jack has never revealed anything about her knowledge of Pythagoras, she doesn’t want to be expelled!

AC168AC7-8096-4D2C-B00A-F14D776A255B.jpeg

I fell down the rabbit hole that is Pythagoras’ Wikipedia page. It is hilarious. My favourite part was this, “he bit it back”.

DEEDE40D-8691-43B2-8596-405E615F72D3.jpeg

And this one just reminds me of us fraus whenever there’s new slop pictures. “Turning his face away from fava beans in revulsion“ 🤣

8879F1AE-D6A1-4177-BE0C-8567D9B18920.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

I did not. Unlike Jack Lenny your factual information is actually interesting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I fell down the rabbit hole that is Pythagoras’ Wikipedia page. It is hilarious. My favourite part was this, “he bit it back”.

View attachment 610722

And this one just reminds me of us fraus whenever there’s new slop pictures. “Turning his face away from fava beans in revulsion“ 🤣

View attachment 610726
I had to take my glasses off to wipe the tears of laughter running down my face at Pythagoras vs. fava beans. LJC on a bike 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The fava beans thing is making me hoot. I'm just imagining Pythagoras and a bull staggering home from a wild night of knocking back fermented grape juice with the lads. The wasted bull spots the beans and is quite insistent on eating them but Pythagoras is holding him back saying 'leave it Gary, it's not worth it mate. They haven't even been rinsed!'.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.