Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't she take it with her when she went to A&E for her sparkly eye, Señor Dinosaur? There were two traffic cone-coloured trainers seaside #ADs and I'm almost certain she had another photo of her indoors with the bag wearing her BOY cap but apparently 'boy cap' and other variations are TOO SHORT for the search function.

Edit: yes she did.

Hiya, me again, Jack Monroe: writer, author, single mum, food bank user, ballet dancer, world-class pianist, founder of #Thunderclapforcarers... wait, that's not me. Apologies for being so forensic about this stupid hideous bag but I found what I was looking for. Screenshots courtesy of @Marmalade Atkins.

View attachment 609279 View attachment 609280
Ah yes! That time she gave the world a good view of her internal locks and continued to expose details of her private spaces. Despite having an abusive stalker and being so concerned for her welfare she felt the need to use a hideous cartoon filter on her slop photos and YouTube videos...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Apologies to those who are into their bags but i just don't get spending 100's-1000's on a handbag. Or indeed shoes. I have lots of shoes none designer though. I culled my cheap shoe collection to about 50 recently. I only ever have one functional big bag for work & small one for out (RIP my beloved little beaded black satin number gifted to me by my best friend, 15 years of going out before the beads all fell off last summer).

For me it is definitely a single mother pov thing. Food in their mouths, clothes on their backs, roof over their heads, all before any spend on anything else. Spunking £800 on a handbag was and still is beyond my ken xx
Ditto, I've got hiking shoes and wellies and I've been using the same fabric bag for the last 15 years. I'm a plain frau and I'm too busy for all that stuff. I'm outdoors as often as I can be too so usually sporting hay or moulted rabbit fur, maybe that will be in fashion one day. I am clean though and I promise my nails are too. I do have an unkempt busy mum with animals and garden look though. I don't care but I don't mind if others are into all that stuff. I just hate the fakeness and lies that many influencers employ, Jack included. I've been genuinely poor and if I was suddenly gifted with wads of cash, I would buy a property in Sweden where my mum is from and save the rest for my kids. Although I would be tempted to set up a rabbit sanctuary and small holding (crops only). I hope Dash is in a better home now. Why no updates Jack?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’m on a bit of a Grunk, so forgive me if you’ve all moved on: but a few words about this C4 series with Prue Leith and Dr Rupy. For those who’ve not seen it, it’s about using leftovers and is sponsored by Hellmann’s. Alongside the series, Dr Rupy is also doing some TV ads for Hellmann’s on the same theme.
Going back a year, Jack did that atrocious cack-handed effort for Hellmann’s which was supposed to be about using leftovers.
Just imagine - if she had made even 10% of an effort (which she very much didn’t), she might have been in line for this new TV series, and the TV ads.
Dr Rupy is another one whose profile was raised quite a bit during the pandemic, and was a regular guest on DKL and subsequently Saturday Kitchen.
Given Jack’s alleged USP of low-cost meals/utilising leftovers, you’d think she would have been well-placed to make a real contribution when the pandemic hit. But no. God knows why people kept giving her unearned opportunities, but she didn’t appreciate it and fucked up every one, leaving a trail of seriously unimpressed TV execs and sponsors in her wake.
(And no, the “leftover larder” thing she did on Twitter doesn’t count - it lasted about 3 days in total, and there were no actual recipes - just “bung it in a curry/dhal/slop” etc.)
She has the most appalling sense of entitlement, like she thinks she deserves to be some multi-millionaire food writer without even putting in the most basic level of effort. She’s had so many opportunities just land in her lap, and she only has herself to blame for not making the most of these.
p.s. on last night’s show, Prue actually had a tip for leftover chippy chips. 😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I’m on a bit of a Grunk, so forgive me if you’ve all moved on: but a few words about this C4 series with Prue Leith and Dr Rupy. For those who’ve not seen it, it’s about using leftovers and is sponsored by Hellmann’s. Alongside the series, Dr Rupy is also doing some TV ads for Hellmann’s on the same theme.
Going back a year, Jack did that atrocious cack-handed effort for Hellmann’s which was supposed to be about using leftovers.
Just imagine - if she had made even 10% of an effort (which she very much didn’t), she might have been in line for this new TV series, and the TV ads.
Dr Rupy is another one whose profile was raised quite a bit during the pandemic, and was a regular guest on DKL and subsequently Saturday Kitchen.
Given Jack’s alleged USP of low-cost meals/utilising leftovers, you’d think she would have been well-placed to make a real contribution when the pandemic hit. But no. God knows why people kept giving her unearned opportunities, but she didn’t appreciate it and fucked up every one, leaving a trail of seriously unimpressed TV execs and sponsors in her wake.
(And no, the “leftover larder” thing she did on Twitter doesn’t count - it lasted about 3 days in total, and there were no actual recipes - just “bung it in a curry/dhal/slop” etc.)
She has the most appalling sense of entitlement, like she thinks she deserves to be some multi-millionaire food writer without even putting in the most basic level of effort. She’s had so many opportunities just land in her lap, and she only has herself to blame for not making the most of these.
p.s. on last night’s show, Prue actually had a tip for leftover chippy chips. 😂😂
I’m loving the Prue Leith chippy chips. It makes me reminisce of Jack’s Outward Bound trip on Boxing Day or the day after during her long Covid and in the midst of a pandemic. Also takes me back to when I didn’t leave the house during my Covid quarantine even though my chippy chips are just across the road because I follow government rules like lockdown and PAYING TAXES.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Was This Morning lingreenie the last time Jack was on TV? For cookery? 😲 That is so long ago. She blamed it on raw pasta (though another time said she had made a decision to step back from TV didn't she?)
So many opportunities squandered.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I’m loving the Prue Leith chippy chips. It makes me reminisce of Jack’s Outward Bound trip on Boxing Day or the day after during her long Covid and in the midst of a pandemic. Also takes me back to when I didn’t leave the house during my Covid quarantine even though my chippy chips are just across the road because I follow government rules like lockdown and PAYING TAXES.
Ah yes, and Jack even had the WORST COVID EVER (stealing notes on symptoms from poor L, who clearly did have a bad bout of it due to her asthma, and then exaggerating those symptoms because of course Jack had to be *even sicker* than L 🙄).
And then she had long Covid, after only 2 weeks, which promptly disappeared, never to have been mentioned since.
Anyone would think she is a compulsive liar.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The smile she gives Coopsy is more genuine than this new one she keeps trying out in her aparthotel shoots. At least she had two pupils.

After she revised history for the billionth time i’d forgotten about Eat Out to Help Out Jack and her hobbity two dinners day. Nipping around London without a care in the world while simultaneously being shut in since last March.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Get all of you with your fancy bag owning chat! I simply bury everything I own in a hole in the ground and dig up each thing as I need it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I don’t know about mid range designer bags but I do know that high end ones appreciate value more than collectible art, scotch and even most watches. It’s not a bad thing to get your name down for one if you can afford it - and they far outperform a lot of other investment vehicles.

Not that I have one - my beloved once got me a Radley with a matching purse for Christmas - it was nice, but probably expensive for what it was. I did keep it clean though!

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.