Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m loving that most of the reply tweets say “yeah I’ve been doing this for years” Kinda shits on your life changing slovenly kitchen tip eh Jack? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 55
You'll need a strong right arm. Do you know any unattached males?

View attachment 606326
Finally, we have a use for Stuart!

ETA: for newer readers, Stuart was a squiggle who got way too creepy, went back to find his tweets but looks like his account was thankfully suspended in the end. (Also thread #10 is such a funny thread 😂 simpler times )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
She's using my fav term for her eyes 'heebie jeebies' duck off Jack, your eyes are heebie jeebies material, not kidney bean water!!!
Your use of it makes so much more sense Orphy B. I feel your pain, she also used “bonkers” which I say all the time, most recently here, just yesterday 😭

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
And there we have it. That’ll do. Food that’s been cooked to death and offers none of its original flavours, textures and quite possibly nutritional value. Obviously is now brown. Bravo 👏 Jack you did it again.
69E1495E-2D40-49E4-AF92-D66BC3BCC686.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
That slop is bleeping rancid and that spoon stuck in it looks so grim I think it's turned up to ask about the reaping. The viscous bubbles coupled with the alarmingly pink slimy ham chunks and dusty topping are making me feel quite ill.

To confirm: the liquid from a tin of kidney beans is totally fine. It's only when cooking beans from dried that you need to worry about soaking them properly, boiling them rapidly and then cooking them long enough to make them safe. I would however still not recommend chucking the contents of a tin of beans straight into something you're cooking as I've had one tin of beans with dead flies in and one with an enormous chunk of rust. Both would still be more appealing than anything Jack has ever cooked.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
Wut??
6B5A73C1-4427-4E26-A7F4-5BBE070021F6.jpeg

no, no Jack, something’s not right here!
Surely for years you have advised that you put your veg in cold oil before flailing any iota of flavour out of it? Where have you suddenly learned to “caramelise” veg and worry about losing its sweetness?!?!

I’m not sure this tweeter is really Jack — no hammock, revealing technique/skills … or maybe she spent the last 5 weeks doing an intense course at Leith’s instead of vague “treatment” somewhere ?!??

and in total confession I made soup today (for my elderly father, not my choice!), chopped veg from a bag, 20 minutes, I could only bear to be in the kitchen for approx 2 mins during that whole time #wouldhavepreferredasalad

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Is this the most horrifying slop of 2021 so far? I'm still haunted by mussels and pears but that's so yesterday

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.