Jack Monroe #19 Is it a show? Miguel's not sure. I am Jack, hear me ROAR!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if I can quote across threads. I need some TECH SUPPORT 😉

A politics book deal based on - well that one has me stumped tbh.
ooh, I can help:

based on:
... once pretending to stand as an MP before throwing a sickie and running away not finishing the job
... once spoiling her ballot paper for some garbled nonsensical reason
... for being interested in the Redcar results, once she got Jude Law’s fat head out of her line of view

not sure which one you prefer, I think they’re all equally useful in this situation 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Funny that Jack still hasn't taken her admin off furlough seeing as she has a weekly 'show', a book coming out tomorrow, a TV appearance this week and has just signed a contract on a new book.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I am probably going to be off thread here because I haven't caught up today. I'm fuming. So many people have numerous struggles but they get on with it, often behind closed doors. What they share with others about their distress is the tip of the iceberg. What any human basically wants from life is to be loved for who they are. Seen for who they are. Make up off. No uplift bra, suck it in pants, post tooth brushing. And that's just the blokes... Seriously, BE EFFING AUTHENTIC. Stop playing to the gallery. Why the duck can't we all just own our unique self? I'm nowhere near it, but I'm closer than I've ever been. The longer media outlets are filled to gagging point with lies, tit, crap, dishonesty, disingenuousness and arse licking, I think that more and more humans are going to turn around and vocally reject this horrendous game of smoke and mirrors. duck off filters. duck off dishonesty and lies. Or if someone can't do that, then just duck off. 'Rant' over. 'Maurading' and being shouty and 'roaring' over. OWN YOUR tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Re: being too real for Waitrose.

Jack did once lose a supermarket collab because of her political views.

The political views in question:
236FCA2500000578-2846730-Offensive_Left_wing_cookery_writer_Jack_Monroe_s_tweet_attacking-26_1...jpg

I'm no Cameron fan, but even by Jack's standards, that was a low.

(the Waitrose thing, by the way? They have a line with Heston Blumenthal. I'm sure that having short hair and voting Labour - when not spoiling her ballot - is all that's keeping Jack out...)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Dont know how to link across threads but following on from @noseyparkours comment, how long can she continue to still ride on the excuse of being a newbie? Is it a class based issue?

That poor person on insta said they expected more from a cooking show and recieved a pile on based on the theme that 'Jack is new at this'

Shes been on This Morning
She's been on DKL for 2 weeks
She's had presenter training
She's done adverts for Sainsburys and Samsung
She's been on Question Time
She's on book 7 (?)
She's had 10 years!

Is she being excused by her lovey MC fans because she's been poor and therefore it's okay that she's tit? Is she the recipient of some kind of positive discrimination? In this essay I will.....

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Turns out I haven't finished yet. Make a mistake, say a sincere sorry. Make 5 thousand errors but still apologise even if you've come to that realisation a tad late. Maybe many people won't forgive you, and you may not forgive yourself completely , but at least give it a chance, a go... Might be just the thing to readjust the internal moral /immoral compass... Accepting you've done a tonne of really tit, questionable stuff with a new attitude of honesty, integrity and conviction could mean that instead of having to perpetuate more lies to cover up the previous shaky wall of subterfuge, you can start afresh with 🏋 lifted 📴 your conscience. This is not aimed at any one JM individual. Or it might be

Reactions: 17
The political views in question:View attachment 139324

I'm no Cameron fan, but even by Jack's standards, that was a low.
And she uses "misty eyed rhetoric" of once not having much money (I refuse to say she was poor; she was the architect of her own poverty) to justify passing off tit recipies as a way of helping the poor, whilst at the same time raking in the money for herself.

The poor could well do without that sort of help, we have enough to cope with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
@Instabums @Flumps

Your posts have literally blown my mind. I cannot believe I never considered the possibility that people who aren't mentally ill don't consider self harm/suicide valid options.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so I'm sorry if I trigger anything 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Aaannndd finally... I don't come out of hiding often online . I'm like a little shrew... But you can't tame a Shrew and I will gnaw away at stuff that makes me want to climb onto my roof and scream my lungs out... (not cough them up. Cos I'm not laughing.)

Reactions: 11
And she uses "misty eyed rhetoric" of once not having much money (I refuse to say she was poor; she was the architect of her own poverty) to justify passing off tit recipies as a way of helping the poor, whilst at the same time raking in the money for herself.

The poor could well do without that sort of help, we have enough to cope with.
She's the queen of the misty eyed rhetoric! Her entire career has been based upon that and that alone.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Dont know how to link across threads but following on from @noseyparkours comment, how long can she continue to still ride on the excuse of being a newbie? Is it a class based issue?

That poor person on insta said they expected more from a cooking show and recieved a pile on based on the theme that 'Jack is new at this'

Shes been on This Morning
She's been on DKL for 2 weeks
She's had presenter training
She's done adverts for Sainsburys and Samsung
She's been on Question Time
She's on book 7 (?)
She's had 10 years!

Is she being excused by her lovey MC fans because she's been poor and therefore it's okay that she's tit? Is she the recipient of some kind of positive discrimination? In this essay I will.....

She just needs to accept shes not very good at live telly, pre recorded stuff she has done in the past has been fine imo

Reactions: 12
No way no how not a chance she is writing a legitimate political book.
Possibly a memoir and including her own political actions throughout the years but nothing thought provoking or analytical because she simply isn’t capable.

Reactions: 14
@Instabums @Flumps

Your posts have literally blown my mind. I cannot believe I never considered the possibility that people who aren't mentally ill don't consider self harm/suicide valid options.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so I'm sorry if I trigger anything 🙈
I wish I could quote across threads, but I can't. Thank you, @Instabums and @Flumps for raising this. Lawd, I always derail these threads with my mental health revelations, sorry lads. But you lot are actually very good for my mental health! There's a headline, eh - Tattle helps someone's well-being. Whodathunkit...

My Dad took his own life when I was 14, and I resolutely told myself time and time again that, as someone who had been on the receiving end, I would never do it. Having known the jagged tear it leaves in people's lives, and the trauma, and the questions, and the uncertainty, and the doubt that you were ever worthy of love...well. I couldn't in all good conscience consider it.

I had a bit of a revelation a year or so ago when a friend of mine, who has Borderline Personality Disorder, talked in very matter-of-fact terms about how suicide is an option to her in the same way that phoning the Samaritans, or taking antidepressants, or going for a walk may be. Literally, all on the same level. What interested me was how unalarmed and calm she was about it. Not playing it down, but acknowledging how it's part of her regular thought process and something that her husband regularly and calmly helps her down from. Every time.

To Moglits of Old, suicide was the absolute last resort and you gotta slam the big red alarm button whenever anyone even flirts with it. But learning through my friend helped me see that not everyone sees it that way.

Last week, I Googled how to hang myself. I didn't have much of an intention of doing it - too much of a horrible legacy there, method and all - but I watched my thumbs tap it into my phone and thought "huh." For the first time, it felt like a slightly viable option even though in the pit of my belly I knew I wouldn't do it. But I was arming myself, somehow, and I felt a shift in how I considered things.

I don't quite know what the point of this post is, other than these threads have opened my eyes, heart, and mind to so much, and I'm very grateful for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Wow thank you for sharing your stories and raising such important issues @Flumps, @Instabums & @IGisntreal. Nothing to add but to thank you for such valued contributions. These threads goes far beyond the realms of food, it's been a truly educational experience for me (I really hope that doesn't sound patronising, it isn't meant to be).

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Oh yeah the show yesterday - how quickly we forget. I didn't make it the whole way through, but did make a couple of early observations;

1) I have noticed a whole new way how nonentities mutually promote one another - Nonentity A introduces Nonentity B as "The FANTASTIC Nonentity B".

2) Noticed that the Asda Octopus mug that was crowbarred in as a heart-warming Mother / Son story was relegated to parsley pot less than 48 hours later.

Cynical I know, but having been slightly sceptical of the original Asda shopping story, I did wonder if the pink octopus mug is being used as a prop to send a message. Just thinking of the 'Passy Aggy' fresh lemon that was being overtly wafted around until the cringe got too much and her point was made.

Bit of a long-shot from my partially weird little brain - but could there be a meaning behind prominently placing the same prop in two back to back events?

Screenshot (11).png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.