Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is just what I was away to type! If she changes back to they/them pronouns I will do my utmost to respect them.

I think it was when she said something about “she has strength” when hashing out that ridiculous tile on the train fairy tale so I thought that meant she was ok with she/her again.

She’d be hard pushed to have a go at us for that and to be fair, I don’t think she ever has publicly.
I personally don't think we need to worry too much about Jack's pronouns. I'm very conscious about pronouns in general - one of my best friends is non binary, I wrote my uni dissertation on gender, set up and ran all the lgtbq+ training at my old job (with the help of a wonderful trans lady who didn't want any of the credit - she wanted to be known as Bryony (name changed for anonymity) rather than Bryony who was assigned male at birth) so feel like as a straight cis-female I would never ever want to misgender anyone. But with Jack, they wear gender like a hat, changing when they please - I try to refer to them as them/they but due to their lack of care about it don't beat myself up if I call them her/she. Not trying to big myself up at all just putting a bit of context behind my not really caring if I get it wrong for Jack - they are a whole different kettle of fish compared to the other lgbtq+ people I know!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
More like

Hapless squig: 'Jack I have a tin of pineapple, some milk on the turn and six aubergines even though I don't like them, what can I make?'

Jack: 'FISH AND EGGS'

You know, the major food groups for a perfectly balanced diet. Fish, eggs, vegan cheese when wanting to appease marauding viggles, crisps (preferably those that give you free lip filler) and jackfruit.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
(I need to Grunk, so apologies if this lands in the middle of a chaos or important discussion)

I'm currently having a wander down memory lane (aka rereading old threads) as Jack's being so bleeping boring at the moment.

I'd completely forgotten that at the end of August, when she first mentioned the poverty tome, she said she had 40 days to write it. I can't be arsed to haven't done the maths, but even taking into account the multiple deadline extensions and any compassionate leeway she might have been given for her TREATMENT/7 week hotel stay, we're...more than a few days beyond 40.

The book's never going to see the light of day, is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.