Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine hysteria triggered by this recipe.
Pure quality poor patrol.
Now eat one, go on I dare you!
My husband just said:
ā€œThey have the consistency of fleshā€
And I was like errr, sorry what?? Human??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
Omg, those sloppins @PoorPatrol šŸ˜‚ Did your smol ones hoot and shriek with joy at the sight of them?
No, mamapapa isnā€™t quite so cruel as to bring them out of school early for slop rocks. I made them tomato soup for dinner, thinking that if the skidmarks scruffins magically work, they can go with the soup. Alas, theyā€™ll be going to bed at 6pm after cleaning up my mess, with scruffinless bellies.

Softy softy white bread as an alternative, methinks, as all carbs are the same!

• Haha
Reactions: 53
No, mamapapa isnā€™t quite so cruel as to bring them out of school early for slop rocks. I made them tomato soup for dinner, thinking that if the skidmarks scruffins magically work, they can go with the soup. Alas, theyā€™ll be going to bed at 6pm after cleaning up my mess, with scruffinless bellies.

Softy softy white bread as an alternative, methinks, as all carbs are the same!
Don't put them out for the birds whatever you do. It'll be a glove graveyard out there šŸ™

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
See, this is why an upswing in the amount of work I need to do must = less Tattle. Iā€™ve now become a scuffin truther, and wasted most of the day. Jackā€™s recipe has no picture. Thereā€™s not a single picture of her scuffins on the entire Internet.

There are tonnes of other scuffin recipes available, with pictures. Not one single one of them requires nearly 600g of liquid. Each one requires a variation of oily help, but most of them are an approximation of Jackā€™s recipe minus the 400g tin of tomatoes. I donā€™t know how she thought she could pilfer someone elseā€™s recipe and just sling in a tin of tomatoes on top, clearly without even testing it!

Thatā€™s why there are no pictures. Sheā€™s never made them. That is the only possible truth.

ā€¢Bangs gavelā€¢

Case dismissed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 103
Whatā€™s done is done, once and done!

If you donā€™t like me because Iā€™m a white person with tattoos, thatā€™s your lookout. Iā€™m actually helping people here, and Iā€™m BUSY! Iā€™ll be limiting replies to this because I worked 20 hours doing this for free. Time to play kickyball and have a piss and a sandwich. No. I will not be eating these, Iā€™ll be writing POOR PATROL all over them and donating them to Terry the Sparrowā€™s family, but itā€™s not my news to share! Please leave me alone....

View attachment 569323
Did they rise? No. They werenā€™t supposed to šŸ™ƒ
View attachment 569325

Are they slimy inside, despite being cooked for 25 mins (recipe says 18-22 for bigger) and starting to burn? Yes. Itā€™s Greek!
View attachment 569326
Thats all. Iā€™ve now got burnout, and an ouchy mouth. This is a hellsite, I hope youā€™re all happy with yourselves.
Rattle! Rattle!
Brief mini grunk because my boy is awake šŸ„°

Bloody hell mate. Well done...you well and truly went above and beyond the call of duty there šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
2 tablespoons of chopped garlic. To get that amount of would be about three whole bulbs! How many was this supposed to feed?
No one. She doesnā€™t eat any of this.
Nobody could without choking.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
There can't be much jelly bit under that cream from the looks of the bowl. That's a crappy trifle.
When she did that trifle at Christmas that she thought warranted a post she then went on to make something else with the leftover cream. There was about 1.5cm of cream on it. She even manages to stuff up packet trifle

• Haha
Reactions: 28

If you donā€™t like me because Iā€™m a white person with tattoos, thatā€™s your lookout. Iā€™m actually helping people here, and Iā€™m BUSY! Iā€™ll be limiting replies to this because I worked 20 hours doing this for free. Time to play kickyball and have a piss and a sandwich. No. I will not be eating these, Iā€™ll be writing POOR PATROL all over them and donating them to Terry the Sparrowā€™s family, but itā€™s not my news to share! Please leave me alone....

View attachment 569323
View attachment 569325

Are they slimy inside, despite being cooked for 25 mins (recipe says 18-22 for bigger) and starting to burn? Yes. Itā€™s Greek!
View attachment 569326
Thats all. Iā€™ve now got burnout, and an ouchy mouth. This is a hellsite, I hope youā€™re all happy with yourselves.
Rattle! Rattle!
Ye Gods. Respect āœŠ

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It has just occured to me that Jack's images with hands look like they've been edited to display a High Dynamic Range (HDR), like the adult hand here.

View attachment 569118

I'm not too familiar with this sort of thing, but I'm willing to bet Photographer Jack is treating there images like this under the misguided impression it makes the food look better. There was a bit of a fad for it a few years ago. Do we have any photographers in the house who might care to comment?
Iā€™ve pondered similar on previous threads, I think that sheā€™s probably using a filter/preset made for food and thatā€™s why her skin often looks bizarre when food is in the pics, but fine (albeit facetuned) in most others.

(edited because apparently I cannot type after the shock of the muffins)

• Haha
Now, you sad little hausfraus, if you thought I was going to do my usual senselessly minuscule portions, please think again and #bekind

I have surprised you all, by making so much slop, that thereā€™s still loads more left after filling TWELVE muffin tins!

And Louisa J Christ on a bike proclaimed, let there be slop!

View attachment 569308
Itā€™s not often I have no words

• Haha

View attachment 569323
View attachment 569325

View attachment 569326
Rattle! Rattle!
I love you PP xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Iā€™ve pondered similar on previous threads, I think that sheā€™s probably using a filter/preset made for food and thatā€™s why her skin often looks bizarre when food is in the pics, but fine (albeit facetuned) in most others.

(edited because apparently I cannot type after the shock of the muffins)
Thatā€™s SCUFFINS to you, hun. Theyā€™re unique and Maverick!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.