Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having seen a few families GoFund me to pay for a funeral in the last few years - pre covid mainly as well - this tip jar me for faffing around doing the bare arse of duck all has really irritated me today. Absolutely shameless con artist šŸ›ŽšŸ”š

• Sad
Reactions: 21
@Froggies I really feel for you. Just awful. But looks like it can be sorted?

I've just been out for my birthday tea, sitting outside in chilly weather with the threat of more hailstones.

It was the first time I've been out in months and I could have cried with joy when all of the other diners sang happy birthday ( it was actually last week but. Whatever)

As soon as I got home I left the most glowing review, 5 stars, amazing etc.

It's heartbreaking to think of someone being trashed by a vengeful hole.

I wish there was a Tripadvisor/google review facility for Jackmonroe plc. I'd love to leave a review

Eta..... probably shouldn't have said when my... actual birthday was. Also deleted my mother's maiden name and first pet

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
See, I donā€™t mind people doing GoFundMeā€™a etc for spurious things as long as they are honest about it. Like that guy who wanted to get a helicopter to his sisterā€™s wedding or whatever it was. At least he was upfront. Jack plays the ā€˜poor starving single MamaPapaā€™ and gets people sending them their winter heating allowance . Grifting ducker

Reactions: 30
Iā€™ll always have a soft spot for Richard Herring since he pointed out when Menā€™s Day is to all the guys on Twitter that inevitably ask on Womenā€™s Day, and turned it into raising thousands of pounds for the womenā€˜s charity Refuge. Hey, a good way to monetise Twitter!

Its all explained here.

On topic, I canā€™t see anyone I follow on Twitter with the tip jar displayed, but I still canā€™t see Jackā€™s either, so insert ā€œtherefore who bleeping knowsā€ here, @kachoochoo I will PayPal you for your creation šŸ˜Ž

• Heart
Reactions: 36
At least Herring produces content, it may not be everyoneā€™s cup of tea but he doesnā€™t ask people to tip him for being a twit on Twitter
Thereā€™s a thread title for us if we were allowed the swears

• Haha
I can see the tip jar icon through my account. I really think it's utterly disgusting on her part. I would have thought she'd at least posted something about it by now, some sort of reasoning for her need for it. C'mon Jack, lets hear your great manifesto of excuses ya grifting ninny.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
But does she? I feel the speed of which this was set up suggest that all is not well in regards to funds.
Del Monte alone will be worth a fair whack! She's definitely a spendthrift, but she's got more than enough money coming in.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The thing I can't get over is...would you not be embarrassed??? I can't imagine anything more condescending and gross than saying, for example, "Ooh, great recap @Pocahontas, here's a little something, don't spend it all at once!"

Jack has several sources of income FFS. No shame.
If thereā€™s one thing weā€™ve ascertained over nearly 200 threads, is that Jack definitely has NO shame.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I canā€™t talk about Twitter tip grift. It makes me want to launch my iPad across the room.

I have looked at the del monte page. 1. They are plugging Waitrose. 2. Someone has cooked the chicken! Spoiler alert - they have changed the recipe to suit themselves (as usual!). Avoided slimy greasy skin - and fair play to them, it would certainly help make it more palatable!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I can see the tip jar icon through my account. I really think it's utterly disgusting on her part. I would have thought she'd at least posted something about it by now, some sort of reasoning for her need for it. C'mon Jack, lets hear your great manifesto of excuses ya grifting ninny.
Simple reason is she canā€™t. She has zero need for a tip jar other than greed.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Del Monte alone will be worth a fair whack! She's definitely a spendthrift, but she's got more than enough money coming in.
Seriously, if you look up rates of the hotel over 5 weeks taking in account the 25% long stay discount, that's still just shy of a Ā£3000 bill. Let alone all the food and fancy energy drinks she bought too (Yakhult aint cheap lol). Plus travel costs (taxis as well as trains)

She did save a quid reusing her med veg tray a couple of times. (med veg tray; never forgotten)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Seriously, if you look up rates of the hotel over 5 weeks taking in account the 25% long stay discount, that's still just shy of a Ā£3000 bill. Let alone all the food and fancy energy drinks she bought too (Yakhult aint cheap lol). Plus travel costs (taxis as well as trains)

She did save a quid reusing her med veg tray a couple of times. (med veg tray; never forgotten)
#FrugalJack #JacksHacks lest we forget.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
*small voice* Adam Buxton hasnā€™t done anything objectionable has he? I would be sad. I like his podcast and remember the Adam and Joe show was very funny.
I canā€™t imagine Adam doing anything bad Intentionally ever- heā€™s a massive over thinker/worrier of things I think and I genuinely donā€™t think he could ever get the rapport with his guests if he was dodgy. (But I may be biased, heā€™s my fave. Not long til I see him for his delayed book tour, hopefully!)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Is anyone quietly stitching together the new thread? Please whisper in my ear if so

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wonder if Jack will feel pressured to improve her "content" now that she's potentially being paid for it?

She probably thinks she's just perfect as she is, and can justify every penny that might come her way.

I think I've got Limoncello rage...such a lightweight...

• Haha
I am finding all the talk about tipping really interesting. I need to admit that I did contribute to the JM tip jar back in my jackolyte days. In my defence, it was very early on and I had used a couple of recipes from her website which had worked well. It was way before all the paid partnerships etc.
I do try to pay for content that I have enjoyed online because I worry about the amount that creatives are expected to do for free and I donā€™t want to feel I am exploiting anyone.

ps on subject of bad behaviour and negative reviews, I had a very interesting conversation with someone who runs a business on high street and they said they have experienced a huge increase in aggression from customers since reopening after the end of lockdown. They put it down to covid and people venting their frustration on them. I wonder if leaving a negative review is another version of that behaviour? Itā€™s a really nasty way to behave and I hope that you get it sorted.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Meh, I do and some others. Some donā€™t. Heā€™s not a cabal favourite. Heā€™s not under suspicion for grifting.
I like him even if only for his tireless work on previous International Women's Days šŸ˜‚

ETA: I see Sidey B is way ahead of me! ā¤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.