Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question.

Has anyone got anyone else on their Twitter feed with a tip jar icon, because I haven’t?

Jack is a shameless, shameless human being. It makes me sad to think that this was done as soon as the option was available but the message “I am away from Twitter, I am in treatment” is still being promoted.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I popped a peek to see if I could see her tip jar and this appearedView attachment 564011!! I didn’t touch anything m’lud...
Shouldn't that be put down along with rattling the actual money tin. Charities aren't allowed to do that anymore, neither should this. It's vile and this along with shopkeepers seeking me out in shops asking to assist me actually makes say no thanks and immediately leave.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
I for one am shocked - shocked - that Jack activated the tip jar feature within hours of it being introduced, and even broke her self-imposed Twitter exile to do so (but still couldn't seem to find the time or energy to promote the Full Time Meals campaign).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
The thing I can't get over is...would you not be embarrassed??? I can't imagine anything more condescending and gross than saying, for example, "Ooh, great recap @Pocahontas, here's a little something, don't spend it all at once!"

Jack has several sources of income FFS. No shame.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Question.

Has anyone got anyone else on their Twitter feed with a tip jar icon, because I haven’t?

Jack is a shameless, shameless human being. It makes me sad to think that this was done as soon as the option was available but the message “I am away from Twitter, I am in treatment” is still being promoted.
I’ve had a good scout around all of the usual suspects I can think of on twitter and nothing.

Reactions: 24
The thing I can't get over is...would you not be embarrassed??? I can't imagine anything more condescending and gross than saying, for example, "Ooh, great recap @Pocahontas, here's a little something, don't spend it all at once!"

Her dad is a career landlord, like loves it so much it’s how he defines himself on CH, so money for no work is something her family clearly relish in 🤭

(Before I cause WW3 again renting out a property due to relocating / divorce / death is v different to being a land hoarder & setting out to profit from the housing crisis x)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
We’ve replied making it clear they are false. I’ll speak to my solicitor on Monday. I really don’t want to go down this route but one review states that we are putting lives at risk (we’re not, we do absolutely everything by the book, I will not risk a life. We have set procedures that all employees must follow) and I can’t let that stand.

Thanks @Cgenda I’ve done that now.

Thank you for the support, it means a lot. I’m heartbroken by it. We’ve worked so hard for 15yrs, built an excellent reputation and one person is trying to ruin that because I dismissed him, ironically for not following procedure and if his work hadn’t been checked, it could have resulted in serious injury.

Sorry for the OT mods. Erm, on topic... what was the parsley for in the aparthotel fridge? Was it parsley? I might be misremembering 😂
I hope you can get the negative reviews removed.

• Heart

My PayPal is [email protected]

just in case anyone wants to support. Back payments are welcome 🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Checked the suspects I follow on Twitter. Even those with kofi "buy me a coffee" links haven't activated it.

As a boring person who has worked since age 13 continuously (obvs starting with a paper round), the social media generation who want a house and holidays for tweeting their every fart in bed really grate my mushrooms. Some might succeed but the majority? Not a chance.

Companies House says a certain Bootstrap Cook still hasn't submitted their accounts. Busy adding up on the wooden calculator all those tips Jack?? Or will you be hot footing it to to Hartlepool to shake a fist at the Tory voters you allegedly don't like?

Froggies, sorry about your day. My company do the whole net promoter scores thing, and several of "my" customers give us zero out of ten. It really pissed me off initially, and its always the same companies bemoaning that a supplier to them dares to charge for things. Shocking! Many people like me ignore the top & bottom reviews for anything and look for the meaningful ones in the middle. I really hope it's a storm in a teacup for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I checked head choirboy of early adopter internet cash- running patreons/free electricity bonuses/kickstarters properly and the RH in RHLSTP, Richard Herring. He’s absolutely taking the piss out of it and no, he hasn’t activated.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

But does she? I feel the speed of which this was set up suggest that all is not well in regards to funds.

Reactions: 19
I follow some accounts that have Patreon and Buy Me A Coffee. The ones that have Patreon all actually provide something in return whether that's extra goods or podcasts; heck, one of them provides free access to material even if you just follow them on Patreon but don't contribute. Others are crochet designers who have the coffee thing on their blogs. However, they provide loads of free patterns together with free detailed photo tutorials etc so I see it simply as a thank[space]you for the freebies. The freebies are available whether you tip or not.

I really can't think what twit provides other than material for the entertainment provided by the frauen und herren of the canal.

FFS, 🥕 stop changing herren to horrendous 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I checked head choirboy of early adopter internet cash- running patreons/free electricity bonuses/kickstarters properly and the RH in RHLSTP, Richard Herring. He’s absolutely taking the piss out of it and no, he hasn’t activated.
My husband is his greatest fan. He ordered some stones (?) or something from the stone clearing podcast and they went to my mum’s house who has been poking the parcel for nearly 2 years because we can’t go home to retrieve it. Too embarrassed to tell her what it is. His rabid fans will buy any old tit. Jack could learn a thing or two.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
We like him right? Do we?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My husband is his greatest fan. He ordered some stones (?) or something from the stone clearing podcast and they went to my mum’s house who has been poking the parcel for nearly 2 years because we can’t go home to retrieve it. Too embarrassed to tell her what it is. His rabid fans will buy any old tit. Jack could learn a thing or two.
I’m a big fan but not of the tit gifts. Although I was a bit upset when the cairn got destroyed the other week and he had to stop the stone podcast because he was upset by it. But back to Jack- yes many of these “content creators” give out the work for free then if you like it and can afford to they ask for you to donate and for that you get extras and exclusives (like gift wrapped stones in a display case)
Or in Jacks case you take paid partnerships, create tit recipes for them, then stick them on your website FOR FREE then moan about having no money

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
But does she? I feel the speed of which this was set up suggest that all is not well in regards to funds.
Money flows through her fingers faster than water. Talk about burning a hole in her pocket, it never gets that far. I have never known anyone buy so much unnecessary stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Meh, I do and some others. Some don’t. He’s not a cabal favourite. He’s not under suspicion for grifting.
*small voice* Adam Buxton hasn’t done anything objectionable has he? I would be sad. I like his podcast and remember the Adam and Joe show was very funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
*small voice* Adam Buxton hasn’t done anything objectionable has he? I would be sad. I like his podcast and remember the Adam and Joe show was very funny.
AFAIK he’s clean, he’s Podcast royalty along with Herring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.