Jack Monroe #18 From giving THAT MAN hell to a Hellman's collab, “Baby Nigella’s” food is still making us gag.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot to add this yesterday, I got a beef joint from lidl, cooked it and went to carve it to find it was full of fat inside😩
Hubs wanted some sort of meat so I opened a tin of corned beef, all the corned beef jokes started, except it backfired on me and I was actually ill. I didnt eat much at all yesterday but I stayed away from this thread as penance for what happened 😂
Hope you're feeling better

Reactions: 4
I am not sure that JM would enjoy the rather, um, robust nature, of the banter on the building sites of my acquaintance. Though my experience dates back 20 years, so I suppose it's *possible* that in these more enlightened times the environment would be more respectful of people's non-binary preferences.
Um, I went to work in the Building Services section of our local council around six years ago. I was asked atcthe interview whether I was easily shocked by "industrial language"...... 🤣 Having said that, it tended to be the F word mainly, but it wasnt unknown to be dealing with a tenant on the phone while a manager laid into an errant plumber or whatever at the next desk - with full use of all sorts of language, industrial or what!

Totally stolen from the lovely Nadiya too.
Ooh, which book is that from? I must admit that following this thread has greatly increased my cookbook library, though with none of Jack's.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Apols if this has been recommended on the threads but a friend bought Persiana by Sabrina Ghayour for my bday yesterday and it's absolutely gorgeous - with a Nigella quote on the cover dontcha know!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Um, I went to work in the Building Services section of our local council around six years ago. I was asked atcthe interview whether I was easily shocked by "industrial language"...... 🤣 Having said that, it tended to be the F word mainly, but it wasnt unknown to be dealing with a tenant on the phone while a manager laid into an errant plumber or whatever at the next desk - with full use of all sorts of language, industrial or what!

Ooh, which book is that from? I must admit that following this thread has greatly increased my cookbook library, though with none of Jack's.
It's from Nadiya's Family Favourites 😁
I'm loving all the suggestions I get here too.

Reactions: 2
Has jack really just posted promotional ig stories at 5 to 4 am? not many people around then surely she’ll be low down the list of stories for many people I thought there was a ‘science’ to times of posting on sm for influencers and she’s posted the same (awkward) stories more than once. Are Hellman’s marketing people not advising her?

ETA never mind. They’ve gone now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

I love a bit of industrial language. Freedom of expression and all that ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Watched the Instagram live.
Her friend seemed so warm and lovely and funny. How lucky Jack is to have such a nice easy to get along with friend .
Ofc it was alllllll about jack.
Baby Nigella....what??? The???? duck???
Jack is nothing like Nigella.....Nigella oozes sex, cook's well thought out sumptuous food, is all curves and feminity.....very wealthy, very privileged, very natural
That threw me . But then I remembered this is just jack's warped sense of self talking
The sweaty, rabbity, manic, giggly, awkward, gangly girl on DKL reminds me more of Lisa from the film "Girl, interrupted".
I thought it was weird she had to take SB shopping, that she only cooked for her and him and that everything her friend mentioned about her engagement left an awkward pause. Amongst the many awkward pauses.
Jack looks so unwell
It's worrying.
For the record I thought she looked very pretty on DKL. If a little unstable ....but nothing like Nigella.
I also don't get why she's partnered with a brand when she's always urged her followers to buy the basics versions of everything ......

• Heart
God she’s so chippy.
How is it an “unnecessary comment”? She looked like she was reading from an autocue and the comment might have been a wee bit blunt but it was a tip. She really does have an alarming amount of people willing to go into battle for her. All that person needs is a blue tick and she’ll get the validation from JM she desperately needs

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! Congratulations @Flumps!! This is amazing news, so chuffed for you. Here’s a clip from all of us on the fun bus to your wedding ❤❤❤

Am trying to think which one of us tatties resembles the one in the pink suit.

So that’s Body Shop Rep to add to the job list....
Am waiting for rocket scientist to pop up on that list.

1590477310749.png

Would that potato salad have all that in it? Why ruin perfectly good asparagus putting it in a salad with avocado and pickled cucumber.
If that spud salad has mayo in it, adding pickled cucumber would sour it no?

I imagine her landlord will be very pleased about this.

1590477628143.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I know I keep going on about it, but her outright denial of using a facetune/beauty app just makes me so angry. If people ask, just go 'haha, busted!" but it just makes me think she's so untrustworthy and makes up so much tit.
Same here. I mean, it's just so blindingly obvious that you'd have to be really, really gullible to think she's not using apps and filters. And what's the big deal? Everyone does it now - it's not like she'd be admitting to sacrificing newborns to Satan. She could just say that she tweaks her photos when she wants a little mood boost. But instead she reels off this random list of beauty products and dodgy skincare tips, and her mooncalves swallow the nonsense whole.

She has no comprehension of how ludicrous her lies look from outside her narc bubble. But ok Jack, you don't use apps and filters.

And it is swede season because you say it is.

Sigh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Watched the Instagram live.
Her friend seemed so warm and lovely and funny. How lucky Jack is to have such a nice easy to get along with friend .
Ofc it was alllllll about jack.
Baby Nigella....what??? The???? duck???
Jack is nothing like Nigella.....Nigella oozes sex, cook's well thought out sumptuous food, is all curves and feminity.....very wealthy, very privileged, very natural
That threw me . But then I remembered this is just jack's warped sense of self talking
The sweaty, rabbity, manic, giggly, awkward, gangly girl on DKL reminds me more of Lisa from the film "Girl, interrupted".
I thought it was weird she had to take SB shopping, that she only cooked for her and him and that everything her friend mentioned about her engagement left an awkward pause. Amongst the many awkward pauses.
Jack looks so unwell
It's worrying.
For the record I thought she looked very pretty on DKL. If a little unstable ....but nothing like Nigella.
I also don't get why she's partnered with a brand when she's always urged her followers to buy the basics versions of everything ......
It’s all about the money, money, money 🎤🎼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
If it wasn't a bad day before you made it, it certainly would be after. (In my opinion)
And her bragging about the book I semi thought I had it wrong and she was talking about nigella or that man...so self absorbed

Reactions: 3
I imagine her landlord will be very pleased about this.

View attachment 138376
Also, did she check the weather forecast first? Just saying.

I may end up eating humble pie here but I don't think for one minute that she actually removed a window. She just saw a crowbar and fancied a bit of Rosie the Riveter cosplay to get her fans swooning. And 'cleaner filming shot' - what, she's Kubrick now?

I can't see Leftover Larder achieving much beyond pleasing her cult. The lockdown cooking ship sailed weeks ago. Miguel Barclay does what Jack does but far, far better so will very likely leave her offering looking poorer by comparison.

Forgive me, because I know we've covered this already, but what the ACTUAL duck is this?

Ah, the famous dance classes.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 08.49.39.png

Shame that the mum who paid for all those dance classes doesn't even get a reply.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 08.52.58.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Imagine being an openly gay man working as a bricklayer back in the 80's. Oooop North to boot. I can tell you I had to have skin as thick as a rhino.

I revelled in it though, I gave as good as I got, mostly with whit and sarcasm, and gained the respect of most of the others on site. I think JM likes to think of herself as a pioneer, standing up for LGBTQ+ rights, but she wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back then. She wouldn't gain respect from anyone with her tactics of retaliating to "abuse" with similar verbal abuse and physical assault.

I could tell you some tales, but not for this thread, there may be children reading!! 😱😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I may end up eating humble pie here but I don't think for one minute that she actually removed a window. She just saw a crowbar and fancied a bit of Rosie the Riveter cosplay to get her fans swooning. And 'cleaner filming shot' - what, she's Kubrick now?
It really is a challenge to know what is a lie and what is truth isn't it Penns? Hot day today, hope she refrigerates (in HER MASSIVE FRIDGE) her mayo gag inducing deprecipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.