Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wondering what the 'reward' would be for finding the scarf (£400,you're having a fu**ing laugh ),maybe signed copies of the slop manuals 🤪.

Seriously thinking about watching the Mel Donte 'cook along' Tuesday but dunno if I'll be able to cringe myself back in time before SU2C bake off comes on ...

• Haha
Reactions: 32
"Award-winning food writer Jack is famed for creating healthy recipes for those on a low income and has worked with dozens of
Another Mel Donte recipe?

Quite enjoyed the only comment...'Just buy one for a quid'

Award-winning food writer Jack is famed for creating healthy recipes for those on a low income and has worked with dozens of charities and food banks.'

Did she write this herself?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Also, it’s a shame she didn’t return the scarf that she found in a muddy puddle to it’s rightful owner... what if it had sentimental value?

(I know the puddle is a lie, it’s a lie that makes Jack look like a head)

And another thing! Jack never says Mam. View attachment 478697
Dear Jack

If you broadened your horizons to further than the end of your own nose, you will know there are online retailers (or my favourite one has a shop in Wales, closed just now obvs) who will print absolutely anything on a card for you.

But let’s be honest...you’ve never called your Mum “Mam” have you? Come onnnnnn. This current fad of trying to convince yourself that you are more Irish than you are is tedious. I reckon your mum would be happy with a thoughtful card and a phone call where you don’t talk about yourself the whole time...

I hate Mother’s Day. My mum died 21 years ago and my son can’t make his own or pick his own card to me. After seeing Waffle Maker’s sad news yesterday and Jack’s ridiculous sad fishing the day before, I’m thinking a lot about my Mum just now. But the truth is...I had my mum for 18 years, not everybody gets that. And I am a mum and not everybody gets that. Jack really needs a dose of reality and a dose of gratitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Another Mel Donte recipe?

Quite enjoyed the only comment...'Just buy one for a quid'
Hang on... didn’t jack post this as a ‘ just made lemon drizzle cake’ last week with the chair saga! and also this is totally an advertorial but no mention of that in article or page... hmmm.

Edit... just seen that the article does say she partnered with del monte, still think it’s a sneaky advert though!

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Dear Jack

If you broadened your horizons to further than the end of your own nose, you will know there are online retailers (or my favourite one has a shop in Wales, closed just now obvs) who will print absolutely anything on a card for you.

But let’s be honest...you’ve never called your Mum “Mam” have you? Come onnnnnn. This current fad of trying to convince yourself that you are more Irish than you are is tedious. I reckon your mum would be happy with a thoughtful card and a phone call where you don’t talk about yourself the whole time...

I hate Mother’s Day. My mum died 21 years ago and my son can’t make his own or pick his own card to me. After seeing Waffle Maker’s sad news yesterday and Jack’s ridiculous sad fishing the day before, I’m thinking a lot about my Mum just now. But the truth is...I had my mum for 18 years, not everybody gets that. And I am a mum and not everybody gets that. Jack really needs a dose of reality and a dose of gratitude.
Why does she hate who she is so much. Why does she want to be someone else. Whether it's gender, ethnicity, life etc.

My mum always told me you're given the life you're dealt and with that you get bad and good stuff. You can certainly improve your attitude but you cannot change who you really are.

She's should be proud of being who she is( perhaps with alittle less bullshit) but her who she is as an actual person. She may not have been given all the money or success in the world, but she has a job, reasonably good health, a child who loves her and somewhere warm and sheltered to rest her head. There are so many people in this world who currently have none of these things.

Stop making yourself out to be who you are not.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
@LennyBriscoe Such a trivial thing for her to take issue with. Mother's Day is a sore spot for me too, I called mine 'maman' when I was little and it never bothered me I couldn't find a bloody card with that on it.

She should be grateful to have her mum still.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.