Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Grainy snaps annotated in her intricate joined-up hand’.

Victorian waif vibes again. Remind me - wasn’t she born in the late 1980s? Those ‘grainy snaps’ would have been taken in the 1990s not the 1890s.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I love this teeth chat.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth out under local anaesthetic about 26 years ago , I still recall the dentist tugging away with the pliers.

I didn’t go down the soft softy sloppy food route , I had a Big Mac , chips and Chocolate milkshake for my tea because I was hard!! ( or stupid).

Mind you, It did take me about an hour to eat because I gnawed at it with my working teeth like a pesky smol hamster.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
'I was fit, I looked like this'

What sorta like I do now and I'm not currently fit? 😂

A few years ago I got pretty fit. I could do pull ups unassisted and deadlift 85kg (most I ever managed but I'm SMOL) and my body didn't look like this. You could see muscles and tit. She's bleeping ridiculous.

I know all kinds of bodies can be fit but she's not got loads of meat on her. So if you were fit.....we would be able to see some evidence of that.

#muscletruther

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
It is so hard to keep up on here. This pic seems out of date now but someone posted a jacket reminder the other day (slow news day). I found this, def seen the pic on here before but not sure about the article.

Fellow adult compacted wisdom tooth sufferer here, no clawing and crying in pain but got it removed, antibiotics, still went to work but slept very well afterwards. She’s such a liar m’lud.
"I have almost finished that book...a little later than anticipated"

Article from September 2016.

Cooking on a Bootstrap was published in August 2018.

...Jack?!

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Loving the tooth chat. Both my kids currently have braces. Missing the NHS- I’ve spent the equivalent of £2000 on each, and this is the cheapest possible way at a dental school.

Good point on Jack probably being in Unison- non teaching staff in schools aren’t in the teaching unions, it would be same at fire service I’m sure. Looked it up, ‘control’ is a category on the application form https://www.fbu.org.uk/download/file/fid/4491

#SureJack you could be a teacher.... I’ve supervised various PGCE and NQT (and GTP) students over the years. She would have to meet deadlines and not be a dick to pass. When she had jobs in cafes etc she seemed to describe burning through loads of them- never a good sign.

For new Fraus here are highlights of 2015 new statesman Fire Service article.

View attachment 456000
View attachment 456001
View attachment 456002
View attachment 456003
No Jack, before you left you were not training hard to move to the fireground, revelling in your hard masculine body, you were only just back at work after a c-section and according to the latest story iteration, were so stressed managing work and childcare you had a breakdown!

Her not attending her passing out parade because she was having a prima donna tantrum speaks volumes. Her attitude just stinks and it would have been hurtful to her dad especially.

No wonder Essex Fire and Rescue were glad to see the back of her.

There was a photo of her wearing a blazer and skirt in one of those "skint blogger" early photos at a local event which wouldn't have been that long after leaving the fire service. She doesn't look as she describes herself in this article - not muscular, no buzz cut.

What a shock, Jack is lying again.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Feeling like Rob Beckett over here with my 32 teeth...

Picking up on her "fam" comment yesterday, are we thinking that BB is no longer just a BB... These references keep being dropped in - the fam, "my little household" etc. More fool BB if that's the case, she knows what she's getting herself into.

Morning all ☺

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Loving the tooth chat. Both my kids currently have braces. Missing the NHS- I’ve spent the equivalent of £2000 on each, and this is the cheapest possible way at a dental school.

Good point on Jack probably being in Unison- non teaching staff in schools aren’t in the teaching unions, it would be same at fire service I’m sure. Looked it up, ‘control’ is a category on the application form https://www.fbu.org.uk/download/file/fid/4491

#SureJack you could be a teacher.... I’ve supervised various PGCE and NQT (and GTP) students over the years. She would have to meet deadlines and not be a dick to pass. When she had jobs in cafes etc she seemed to describe burning through loads of them- never a good sign.

For new Fraus here are highlights of 2015 new statesman Fire Service article.

View attachment 456000
ThankSPACEyou for bringing this back! It contains the “origin story” of Traazers On A Bird! 🤣

DFE68643-65AA-44ED-B84A-C0B7206A7BE3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Feeling like Rob Beckett over here with my 32 teeth...

Picking up on her "fam" comment yesterday, are we thinking that BB is no longer just a BB... These references keep being dropped in - the fam, "my little household" etc. More fool BB if that's the case, she knows what she's getting herself into.

Morning all ☺
Are we thinking married on the quiet then?

• Wow
Reactions: 29
ThankSPACEyou for bringing this back! It contains the “origin story” of Traazers On A Bird! 🤣

View attachment 456065
You're right she was wearing exactly that in the photographs! She looked nothing like GI Jane.

Christ's sake. Let's rearrange everything to work around special square peg put upon Jack.

Her invented dialogue is always so hokey!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Oh I doubt they'd be married yet. Jack would miss the opportunity to shock the masses as the most alternative tattooed bride that ever was, if they did it on the quiet. But it seems BB is there to stay as a more permanent fixture.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
No Jack, before you left you were not training hard to move to the fireground, revelling in your hard masculine body, you were only just back at work after a c-section and according to the latest story iteration, were so stressed managing work and childcare you had a breakdown!

Her not attending her passing out parade because she was having a prima donna tantrum speaks volumes. Her attitude just stinks and it would have been hurtful to her dad especially.

No wonder Essex Fire and Rescue were glad to see the back of her.

There was a photo of her wearing a blazer and skirt in one of those "skint blogger" early photos at a local event which wouldn't have been that long after leaving the fire service. She doesn't look as she describes herself in this article - not muscular, no buzz cut.

What a shock, Jack is lying again.
Jackanory (again).

• Haha
Reactions: 27

View attachment 456065
There’s pictures of her at an awards thing in a dress so why did she feel the need to do this?

(Attention)

The normal thing to do would be go along with it but raise a polite complaint in the background, hell you could even get the union involved. No one responds well to tantrums!

Reactions: 35
You're right she was wearing exactly that in the photographs! She looked nothing like GI Jane.

Christ's sake. Let's rearrange everything to work around special square peg put upon Jack.

Her invented dialogue is always so hokey!
I think it was @Scarletfever who was right about that, I’m not that observant!

Actually gasped out loud at the possibility of a secret wedding*, but @Nottonightbabe it all makes sense that she’s now beyond just a BB!

*maybe this means I have a sad little life, but it feels like its been 84 years since any weddings happened and I’m a sucker for romance 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
They definitely aren't married. But Louisa seems to have been completely manipulated into moving back full time: the "relapse", the decluttering, the promise to stop spending money, the loneliness, the inability to cope as a "single parent". It's not a relationship built on equality and it's doomed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I was looking for the photo I mentioned in my post and found this instead - Jack ranting about people pretending to be poor!

She even quotes "Common People"

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
They definitely aren't married. But Louisa seems to have been completely manipulated into moving back full time: the "relapse", the decluttering, the promise to stop spending money, the loneliness, the inability to cope as a "single parent". It's not a relationship built on equality and it's doomed.
The manipulation is so obvious now that you point it out, it’s unbelievably nasty. I agree, and I take back any wedding excitement I had.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I have 28 teeth - one wisdom half emerged causing massive problems multiple infections that the dentist did nothing for except rinse with corsodyl. When a large painful lump developed on my face by my ear I went to A and e and pretty much got told off by a doctor for being there. Felt even worse, but got an x ray and referral to consultant. He took one look at me and said ‘oh dear well that needs to come out’ and the next day three nurses held me down while it was levered out of my head. I was held down because of the force needed not because I was flailing - the sound was horrible. So sometimes you need to go to A and E because a dentist won’t extract until you’ve had many many infections and I couldn’t afford private. Thank you NHS.
(I don’t think I have any other wisdom teeth so am officially stupid)
Also synesthesia sounds like a superpower.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
To be fair, pantries (sorry!) are very different to food banks. Scotland has created a pantry network (there’s about 6 or 7 with lots more planned) whereby you pay around £2.50 for up to £15 worth of food. It’s more dignified in that you can choose your items from 5 different food groups rather than taking what you’re given from a food bank. They are open to anyone and you can use it once a day. It’s like a social supermarket. The food is distributed by Fareshare and other community organisations (growers with excess etc) and to my mind is a great idea. It’s as much about fighting food waste as it is food poverty. But, yeah...knickers!
She mentioned "inlaws" very recently.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.