Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have struggled these past few months, you lot have been instrumental in keeping me away from some very dark places. Not being able to leave the flat and the stress that creates precludes the need to make an effort to look presentable. It can be a downward spiral that is hard to get yourself out of.

Jack's antics can sometimes make me worse, making me so angry at her lies, but at other times you lot have me laughing until it hurts over some of her more outrageous claims. Getting angry and upset hurts me, not her, so I am here for the laughs and wait for the demise of Jack's time in the limelight, no matter how long it takes.
I think in the dark times, all you can do is ‘be’. Laughter is such a powerful thing; keep on being and laughing and I really hope you feel more like yourself soon mate x

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Sorry am I reading that right, people forgot to pick the baby up from nursery...... 😳😳
Can happen tho, my parents forgot to collect youngest from school one day (they were buying a Xmas tree 🤷‍♀️ priorities!!) I got call from school so had to go pick her up, luckily work was not 30miles away. & nobody was traumatised for life!!! Agree with everyone juggling work/childcare etc is hard & not just logistical issues. Daughter was vv prem & I had to go back when she was 7months cos we needed the full pay. But she is 19 now & this is not something I even think about now, life goes on.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Yet she keeps getting work and media coverage! The SEB podcast is one thing, but the Torygraph should have journalists who are trained to think critically and do due diligence. I know, LOL, but I've been a defender of traditional media in the past (because the alternative is so much worse) and yet the credulousness on display is so disheartening. JM is such a fraud and keeps getting these opportunities - I love this thread and the hilarious Fraus and Herrs in it but reading about it all is starting to bring me down.
I took a Tattle break for a few months , daily reading about the greedy, grifting liars brought me down a little and I’ve always considered myself to have ongoing robust good mental health.

Sometimes a little time away is good , take care of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
In this link, from October 2012 when Jack was supposedly in the throes of The Poverty and couldn’t afford to go to the hairdressers, Jack is pictured again with short, neat hair in the same style as before, maybe 1/2 inch - 1 inch longer. Hair grows 1/2 inch a month so her hair should have been 2 inches longer if it’s had not been cut. This means that she must have had a haircut in about August when she was supposedly selling her lightbulbs to stave off starvation and homelessness.

Also, ever the masculine-leaning androgynous butch non-binary tomboy, she is in a knee-high dress. That shows off her perfectly healthy weight, non-birthmarked legs.
I think Earnest Jack is quite sweet.

Hair, possibly done cheap at a local college, or by a friend who didn't notice her two sweaters or her collarbone jutting. Skirt, probably gifted.

No. Not convincing myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Yet she keeps getting work and media coverage! The SEB podcast is one thing, but the Torygraph should have journalists who are trained to think critically and do due diligence. I know, LOL, but I've been a defender of traditional media in the past (because the alternative is so much worse) and yet the credulousness on display is so disheartening.
I think it's less credulousness, and more that it suits the agenda of those papers to present a white, middle class, PRIVILEGED woman who slipped into poverty through no fault of her own 🙄. It makes it easier to overlook the causes (and effects) of *actual* poverty, and means the journos don't have to interact with people they're probably uncomfortable around.
ETA that podcast also makes me think about the poster who said she had powerful backers - wouldn't it be embarrassing for the papers who initially punted her having to admit that she's a total fraud?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I disagree.

When you've grown up actually in poverty
I think we're related cause everything you said is my childhood.
Dad on dole in the 80s, no money at all. Single glazed windows, threadbare carpets, coats on the bed to keep warm but still shivering trying to sleep.

My best friends dad worked down t'pit and they had a car, semi detached and they went to Lanzarote for week in the summer. They were wealthy to me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Can happen tho, my parents forgot to collect youngest from school one day (they were buying a Xmas tree 🤷‍♀️ priorities!!) I got call from school so had to go pick her up, luckily work was not 30miles away. & nobody was traumatised for life!!! Agree with everyone juggling work/childcare etc is hard & not just logistical issues. Daughter was vv prem & I had to go back when she was 7months cos we needed the full pay. But she is 19 now & this is not something I even think about now, life goes on.
My parents headed straight from the maternity home to their fave boozer when I was born - popped shiny new baby Stampolina under the beer garden table out of the heat of the June sunshine.... 4 pints later they left without me! Thankfully my god-parents noticed and handed me over before the taxi drove away! Now, I wouldn't say I am scarred for life, however I never ever ever let them forget it! 😂 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
My mum was really late to collect me from primary school, and I remember standing outside crying waiting for her (holding my violin lol). She turned up eventually and i remember feeling silly for being upset. I am a soft shite though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I think it's less credulousness, and more that it suits the agenda of those papers to present a white, middle class, PRIVILEGED woman who slipped into poverty through no fault of her own 🙄. It makes it easier to overlook the causes (and effects) of *actual* poverty, and means the journos don't have to interact with people they're probably uncomfortable around.
ETA that podcast also makes me think about the poster who said she had powerful backers - wouldn't it be embarrassing for the papers who initially punted her having to admit that she's a total fraud?
This! @TheDragonWithAFlagon 's post shows just how dirty, shameful and grinding poverty and abuse are. Not something to gleefully shout about.
No selling Omega watches, lightbulbs (lamps?) and tit stories then magically getting columns in national papers and being the acceptable 'face of poverty' for nearly a decade on the back of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
It really does seem that this Telegraph article is a direct response to here because......what occasioned it? Why has it popped up again now?

All it has done is given Jack an opportunity to tell her story again and add new details to silence the critics (us) as she always does. Nobody here said she chose to go on benefits. We said she chose not to ask her middle class family for help and questioned exactly how 'destitute' she was (as well as the ever changing timeline).

I stand by everything we said here and this article changes nothing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
All I can think is that pretty much everything that she whines about shows how just how privileged she is. She’s an attention seeking liability and surely soon nobody will touch her. Our Graeme knows 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I wonder if her latest post about rescinding her resignation is the start of her telling the *actual* truth? Maybe in an effort to gently, softly rebuild her smashed to smithereens credibility?

Reactions: 33
The staff in her local A&E must dread seeing her come through the doors. She's clearly one of the regulars.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
It’s interesting how we have different definitions of wealth depending on our personal experiences. I think that mine and Jack’s are similar though, which kind of proves the point that she’s never truly known poverty and is just a middle class girl cosplaying.

Reactions: 42
It’s interesting how we have different definitions of wealth depending on our personal experiences. I think that mine and Jack’s are similar though, which kind of proves the point that she’s never truly known poverty and is just a middle class girl cosplaying.
That's why she reminds me so much of the Pulp song.
If she called her dad, he could stop it all.
She just chose not too.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.