Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The baking tray thing is just sheer unadulterated madness.

What problem is she solving? Someone please explain!?!
Ok picture the scene. You're at home, the sink is full of hot soapy water, you're really excited because you're about to do the dishes. Then out the blue the phone rings -it's a political prisoner using his weekly phone call to find out what the latest products deleted from the Asda Smart Price range are. If you return to your dishes he'll have wasted his call and won't have any Smart Price intel to trade with the other prisoners putting him in danger. If you stay on the phone the water will go cold. Your maverick little brain gets to work and BINGO! You realise that if you slide an old metal tray over the sink you'll have a hot tray. It's pretty simple if you think it through.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
I don’t think she will get another book deal after all the chaoses - wait for the self publishing to begin when no one will advance her anything. I bet her advances are barely anything now anyway, her books are barely edited, badly written, cheaply produced and always sold at a massive discount.
Sadly, I reckon she'd clean up in another kickstarter - not enough current squiggles know about the last kickstarter.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I'm hoping she does say something like this - if all herbs are the same, all spices are too, right? - because she would then SURELY have some pushback. You can't go around saying Chinese 5 Spice is interchangeable with garam masala (for example) without pissing off entire continents.
I'm going to piss off the Welsh crew by saying I once used some Chinese 5 spice in Welsh cakes before (I picked up the wrong jar by accident. My sous chef, aka the not so small girl talks a lot and was distracting me) It tasted quite nice, but not something I'd do just because I think all herbs and spices are interchangeable or anything like Jack!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I don't know why I thought tonight was a good time to finally brave the DKL episodes, but wow.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Lads I will do the new thread now - unless someone is doing it already

Mod edit: New thread link:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I think we’ve finally found a use for the discarded plastic mixed herbs tubs and the circle of life is complete.

If you go to the seaside and fill containers with sea water, you can then evaporate off the water and get free salt. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.