Jack Monroe #139 Paging Dr Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are mere hours away from Jack suggesting this, if the iron’s on anyway it will save 0.0001kWh and John Lewis do extended warranties on electrical appliances so it’s a no brainer tbh 💅🏻

Does anyone else HATE these tips? I may be a massive snob so please call me out but I think it’s disgraceful that the minimum wage is so low that anyone is having to consider how many times they boil a kettle a day, to the point where they’re retaining tepid water to make vastly inferior cuppas? bleeping hate it, burn down the houses of these shareholding dividend taking dickheads, don’t be publishing this old toot and dressing it up as admirable.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
Sorry if this has been brought up recently and has escaped my notice, but is there any update on how many patreon packs she has sent out since she committed to sending monthly?

Reactions: 25
I was watching The Bay last night and at one point the phrase ‘He left!’ was used, I shouted it out. Mr Fruitjack is getting really really fed up with my obsession now.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Strange how she's not sharing any of her high-earning appropriations of Roadside Mum's story on her twitter timeline, isn't it 🤔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
So someone has asked for a haggis recipe that doesn’t look or taste like haggis...should be ideal for Jack.
‘give me a nudge in a couple of days if it’s fallen out of my head’

Does this famously Scottish twerp not realise it’s Burns Night tomorrow? That’s traditionally when most haggis is eaten!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
So someone has asked for a haggis recipe that doesn’t look or taste like haggis...should be ideal for Jack.
Give her a chance to fire up Ocado.

Oatmeal (contains Gluten) (37%), Split Red Lentils (11%), Black Beans 8%), Aduki Beans (6%), Sunflower Seeds, Water, Palm Oil, Carrots (4%), Swede (4%), Mushrooms (4%), Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Dried Onions, Ground Spices (White Pepper, Nutmeg, Coriander Seeds, Pimentoes)

So, odds are if she can be arsed before next January she's about to reply with boiling porridge oats, lentils, a rinsed tin of baked beans, a carrot, two sad dried mushrooms, an onion skin and POBP a about 6 hours before blending it and putting it back in the slow cooker for another week or two.

It sure as hell won't taste like Haggis.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I was watching The Bay last night and at one point the phrase ‘He left!’ was used, I shouted it out. Mr Fruitjack is getting really really fed up with my obsession now.
Same🤍.

I was in the middle of explaining the Linda mess and used the word ‘squiggle’. Mrs Tunnel said “you what?”.

Why can’t she she what we see?

Why?

Why?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Give her a chance to fire up Ocado.

Oatmeal (contains Gluten) (37%), Split Red Lentils (11%), Black Beans 8%), Aduki Beans (6%), Sunflower Seeds, Water, Palm Oil, Carrots (4%), Swede (4%), Mushrooms (4%), Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Dried Onions, Ground Spices (White Pepper, Nutmeg, Coriander Seeds, Pimentoes)

So, odds are if she can be arsed before next January she's about to reply with boiling porridge oats, lentils, a rinsed tin of baked beans, a carrot, two sad dried mushrooms, an onion skin and POBP a about 6 hours before blending it and putting it back in the slow cooker for another week or two.

It sure as hell won't taste like Haggis.
I just put "vegan haggis recipe" into the search engine of my choice (Google) and I had plenty to choose from. Why do these people tweet Jack when there's a much better resource, the whole of the World Wide Web?

I just don't understand their logic. A Google search gave me instant results, without the need to send a reminder in a few days.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I’ve completely scunnered myself thinking about haggis now.

Put all the ingredients into one of your nan’s old stockings and sew it up with a hair 🤢

Wouldn’t be vegan though due to that hair.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Why bother with a haggis recipe that doesn't taste of haggis ? I love haggis 😋. If anyone's a vegan ( a real one not a 90% one ) Aldi does a vegan one. I hope we don't get it bunged in a curry Tabbie Burns will be burlin' in his grave.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 08.56.38.png

Squiggling is beyond the abilities of my 2009 edition laptop right now (no OS update no me gusta) so I BOX them. Much like boxing a brother during Yuletide Felicitations.
Anyway. I like this boxsquiggle's comment. Succinct.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Why bother with a haggis recipe that doesn't taste of haggis ? I love haggis 😋. If anyone's a vegan ( a real one not a 90% one ) Aldi does a vegan one. I hope we don't get it bunged in a curry Tabbie Burns will be burlin' in his grave.
I’m here for outraged Scottish vegans 🤓

Do Linda McCartney produce one?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
View attachment 399492
(Is it an unnecessary squiggle if it's just a something she's quote retweeted?)
I find it funny that Jack finds it necessary to put NGL before her tweet. I never feel the need to say "I'm not going to lie" before I say anything, because everyone knows that I wouldn't. It suggests to me that when she doesn't use this prefix, she is lying...but we all knew that.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.