Jack Monroe #139 Paging Dr Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How. Rude. I've been in here from the original hausfrau coven.

I just mean she looks a lot healthier back then.
Possibly her poor mental state and inability to live a normal rational life is impacting her physically. We know she likes to talk about how she's barely eaten in the last 2 years etc etc
Some of her facetuning escapades have made her look really unwell.

Reactions: 17
Ohh I get you.
The original comment was actually attached to a photo ofJack from a few years ago when some bloke supposedly (as ever) told her that her skirt was "too short" . And she showed her nice looking (non 'deformed' as she likes to say ) legs.
She used to go on and on at her parents about how traumatised her legs left her and the fact they wouldn't pay for surgery on them for her. A large port stain birth mark. Or something.
Also she since then has lost a hellll of a lot of weight. Possibly due to her declining mental health issues.
She looked so much happier and healthier when she was with Allegra, her ex girlfriend.

The comment seemed a bit confused “her legs looked lush” followed by the scream face?

Reactions: 14
I very much doubt a “bloke” said her skirt was too short.

I’m filing that in the “didn’t happen” lever arch folder

• Haha
Reactions: 50
from wreck it Ralph and like Penelope technically but like antelope also great - equal opportunity pronunciation. Used to pronounce Penelope like that to annoy people.

best mispronunciation I personally heard was Ponteland as pontyland 🔺
Many years, even before my time, HMS Penelope and HMS Antelope were in the fleet at the same time. Apparently the pronunciations were completely switched in everyday reference to the Pennyloap and the Antellypee.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It’s true, she did look much better when she was with Allegra. But she couldn’t control her narrative then not like now. Remember the interview when Jack said she cooked and people didn’t know if it was hers or Allegra’s food ? Allegra rolled her eyes...it just can’t have been true. She liked the money alright but attention is what she really needs. And when attention brings money in, well she’s made. I have said it before. I wish I was a pound behind her.

Reactions: 37
Many years, even before my time, HMS Penelope and HMS Antelope were in the fleet at the same time. Apparently the pronunciations were completely switched in everyday reference to the Pennyloap and the Antellypee.
Yes! I'm delighted someone else has heard this story. I went to Uni where HMS Victory lives and heard it then. 📐

Reactions: 16
Find it impossible to keep up with the threads atm.
End up replying to comments a few pages back and the smol pixie chaos is oh so never ending that she's done ten million things a day (then simultaneously deleted the twitter trail!)
Atleast in the DKL days the chaos was managable!!!!

Is she still the founder of thunderclapping?!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
End up replying to comments a few pages back and the smol pixie chaos is oh so never ending that she's done ten million things a day (then simultaneously deleted the twitter trail!)

Thunderclap is DEAD!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
That Tightwad Gazette woman is nuts. I've borrowed it from my library before, and found a lot of it quite off putting. She was such a hardcore, control freak about it all, to the point her kids were actually picked on at school over it. It's super dated and very 'American' anyway, so not really relevant anymore, it doesn't fall into the enjoyable vintage read either, like some dated books do.

Back to Grunkaing!

• Wow
Reactions: 21

So far ’behind the scenes’ now you can’t hear her.

And no she is not REALLY the founder, I follow many medics on Twitter, the ‘thunderclap’ for improved working conditions rather than ‘heroes’ was being discussed long before Jack became ‘founder’.
I was on a grunk when this first came up - another JMism that made me rage and rage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
You've been around longer so we can't point out you're making oddly sexual comments and speculating on health based on legs? OK.
Comments have been made before about how healthy she looked in the past and that shes attractive. Its not all that weird, is it?

Her legs do look great! I miss mine looking that good in my 20s 😂

Reactions: 33
Doing well thank you! Baby tights has a super strong latch, toddler having wee meltdowns but we’re surviving! Grateful to be healthy in this bloody pandemic. This thread is great for reading when doing these quite lonely feeding sessions.
I'm up breastfeeding my baby too!!!

You've been around longer so we can't point out you're making oddly sexual comments and speculating on health based on legs? OK.
How rude.
Can an admin please look into this.

I said nothing sexual about Jack's legs 😂
What the.....?!

I was referring to how healthy Jack looked and how lush (and non deformed as she used to harass her parents with!) her legs are.
Also yes, I can say someone has lush legs.
Even our smol pixie
And it not be sexual..... I'm Welsh. Lush means "nice"

"oddly sexual comments"
😂😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm up breastfeeding my baby too!!!

How rude.
Can an admin please look into this.

I said nothing sexual about Jack's legs 😂
What the.....?!

I was referring to how healthy Jack looked and how lush (and non deformed as she used to harass her parents with!) her legs are.
Also yes, I can say someone has lush legs.
Even our smol pixie
And it not be sexual.
Perhaps it's an issue of what I interpret lush to mean vs. what you intended. For me, that felt a bit weirdly voyeuristic.

I'm not really sure what citing your length of time here has to do with anything or what an admin could find wrong with my response but as a squiggle said today, you do you.

ETA: you do realise that lush is actually defined in the OED as meaning sexually attractive, right? Not trying to be a dick but perhaps we genuinely are having a different interpretation here.

Mod edit: All, time to leave this here. Do not derail the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
Doing well thank you! Baby tights has a super strong latch, toddler having wee meltdowns but we’re surviving! Grateful to be healthy in this bloody pandemic. This thread is great for reading when doing these quite lonely feeding sessions.
Baby tights has ickle smol feet’s I want to eat 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.