Jack Monroe #139 Paging Dr Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My prediction- she meets the deadline but the book is ill thought out and terrible.

OR

She misses the deadline and the book is ill thought out and terrible.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
I have now done something similar for my next book with cheese and thyme (and a cheese and marmite version) and it is DELICIOUS so I wholeheartedly endorse this and you may continue to make it. 😝 Thanks squiggle! Nominal fee will be in the post but feel free to give me a nudge I can ignore in a day or two (DM only please!) Please also note that the postbox round here is somewhat inter-dimensional, so please allow at least three lifetimes. Maybe console yourself with the thought that you have helped me to half-arse my latest project. 💪 x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Good Morning, last day of WFH in quarantine with kids today, things are looking up.

Top Tips Jack is the worst Jack.

@TurnedUpInTipp I lived in the place where HMS Victory is too- I was a teacher there before my kids were born, I RENTED a flat there and then we bought our first house. We lived close to F****** P*** so we could hear the team being booed off after each game of kickyball.
Wow! To be fair we could hear the booing down near Le Rue Albert if the wind was right! I worked at a school in town too.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Why bother with a haggis recipe that doesn't taste of haggis ? I love haggis 😋. If anyone's a vegan ( a real one not a 90% one ) Aldi does a vegan one. I hope we don't get it bunged in a curry Tabbie Burns will be burlin' in his grave.
To late to edit Rabbie not Tabbie 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 23
View attachment 399794Everyone is a tax payer.....so she is a tax payer for buying cat food. Will be interesting to see the tax returns, if she even does them.
Another Tory vibe here. Like oh we all pay taxes so we should get xyz, like whether or not we pay tax and how much we pay should mean diddly? We all deserve to live in a fair & right society no matter what our personal circumstances are?!

Idk if I’m reaching with this but it runs a bit close to the prisoners (who don’t pay taxes) / the unemployed shouldn’t get a say cos they don’t pay in.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I have now done something similar for my next book with cheese and thyme (and a cheese and marmite version) and it is DELICIOUS so I wholeheartedly endorse this and you may continue to make it. 😝 Thanks squiggle! Nominal fee will be in the post but feel free to give me a nudge I can ignore in a day or two (DM only please!) Please also note that the postbox round here is somewhat inter-dimensional, so please allow at least three lifetimes. Maybe console yourself with the thought that you have helped me to half-arse my latest project. 💪x
Ah is that cunning Jack's plan? Ask for ideas. Any decent ones she will say 'yes mate already in the book' even if it isn't and she hadn't thought of it, thereby no need to pay hapless and trusting squiggle.
Oh cunning sneaky Jack.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Another Tory vibe here. Like oh we all pay taxes so we should get xyz, like whether or not we pay tax and how much we pay should mean diddly? We all deserve to live in a fair & right society no matter what our personal circumstances are?!

Idk if I’m reaching with this but it runs a bit close to the prisoners (who don’t pay taxes) / the unemployed shouldn’t get a say cos they don’t pay in.
It's just incredibly stupid/confused, as are all her 'class war' style posts. She's got a long-term bee in her bonnet about these subsidised meals when she should be promoting subsidised meals, regardless of who gets them (ie subsidised meals for all). It would be so easy for the MPs to say 'OK, we'll pay full price for this' but all that would achieve would be to argue even further against everyone getting them. IYSWIM.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Plant milk Jack can go duck herself. Rice milk is thin, watery and sweet. That brand is so expensive too. Aldi unsweetened soya is always my recommendation.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.