Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
Mrs Malaprop Jack is another favourite. An avaricious reader...doesn't she mean voracious?

"I read it greedily then humped it like a starved randy plagiarising Jack Russell, before gnawing the pages and gently, carefully cooking them low and slow then clawing and howling at the floor"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Jack’s a bastard. Winds all this up to get some media appearances & doesn’t care how much she hurts individuals or causes as long as she gets more media exposure which obviously leads to ch-ching for her.
I’m so glad Marcus steers clear. I did wonder if she was using Roadside Mum the other day when she tweeted that ‘we all pay tax’, knowing that that’s an easy stick to beat travellers with. Also noted that Roadside wants her privacy, so I suspect Jack saw her as a useful way to get the limelight. Pretty gross all round, and let’s hope she winds her bloody neck in now. The woman is a liability.
Eta I mean that roadside mum said she liked her privacy so wouldn’t be competition (& thus any threat) to Gypsy Rose (Monroe).

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack’s a bastard. Winds all this up to get some media appearances & doesn’t care how much she hurts individuals or causes as long as she gets more media exposure which obviously leads to ch-ching for her.
I’m so glad Marcus steers clear. I did wonder if she was using Roadside Mum the other day when she tweeted that ‘we all pay tax’, knowing that that’s an easy stick to beat travellers with. Also noted that Roadside wants her privacy, so I suspect Jack saw her as a useful way to get the limelight. Pretty gross all round, and let’s hope she winds her bloody neck in now. The woman is a liability.
Eta I mean that roadside mum said she liked her privacy so wouldn’t be competition (& thus any threat) to Gypsy Rose (Monroe).
Let’s hope Jack follows through by actually doing her tax return. I do think HMRC is going to be the exposer. No doubt it will be everyone else’s fault but I’m here for it.

Reactions: 36
The woman was on top of the world that she had a voice of her own and Jack shouting about that private school letter on Twitter has humiliated her and made her feel lied to.
Have to quote you again, dear heart, to say I think you’ve got it spot on. Looking back (something like three days ago), she was extremely proud of herself for tackling them and getting them to back down. Deservedly so. Jack has performed such a narc take-down with this ‘oops, I was going to tell you, but...’ letter tit on Twitter. As many victims of narcissists will know, they make noises that send your anger in the wrong direction and you end up alienated, with supposedly only them on your side.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
On the privacy thing, I think Jack has also realised that's got Roadside and Chartwells at a bit of an impasse now. It's very going to be difficult for either side to move past the 10 vs 5 days now without the school, who can't be involved publicly as that would obviously shred the privacy Roadside very sensibly wants. It's a horrible situation for everyone, except Jack.

The woman was on top of the world that she had a voice of her own and Jack shouting about that private school letter on Twitter has humiliated her and made her feel lied to.
I completely agree, Jack has been so cruel.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Have to quote you again, dear heart, to say I think you’ve got it spot on. Looking back (something like three days ago), she was extremely proud of herself for tackling them and getting them to back down. Deservedly so. Jack has performed such a narc take-down with this ‘oops, I was going to tell you, but...’ letter tit on Twitter. As many victims of narcissists will know, they make noises that send your anger in the wrong direction and you end up alienated, with supposedly only them on your side.
If Jack can't get a seat at the big table, then no one is to get one. We shouldn't forget that Roadside Mum had achieved more in a few days last week than Jack had in years of campaigning which rather undermines Jack's claims that she's excluded because she's a poor struggling single mum. I just really, really hope it all ends up backfiring on Jack in some way.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Mmhmm ‘best leave this sort of stuff to me hun, you tried 🤷🏻‍‘

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Jack was probably triggered because Roadside Mum had blue tickers/ high profile people reaching out with advice and sympathy / concern - Vic Derbyshire, George Monbiot and an unnamed comedian.

Jack's forever fishing for attention from blue tickers with her OTT teenage drama and angst, and the most she gets is a brush off reply or a "like".

Reactions: 36
Fried curry rice and vegetables? Like curry veg fried rice then?
That is a mini side dish sized tray with barely a centimeter of food in.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
Fried curry rice and vegetables? Like curry veg fried rice then?
That is a mini side dish sized tray with barely a centimeter of food in.
No protein source unless that’s a bit of egg at the bottom there. And she’s linked the idea of cheap meals for kids in there too. Look what I can do with not a lot, roadside mum!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
So once again, Mackie, please...

View attachment 391134
This will entirely 🔺 me, but I just had flashbacks to living in France for 6 months next door to a teenage boy who played rap 24/7, one of the songs was what I think was an actually fairly satirical "Life of an unemployed person" complete with man shouting "TROUVE UN JOB" at intervals. I'm not going to be able to look at Jack without hearing that yell now. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Insta: View attachment 391125View attachment 391126
there’s barely anything in that tin
How does rice take 6 minutes unless it’s pre cooked or a packet? Either way leftover rice should be used with caution (food poisoning) and cooked on a high temp. Rice is also only super cheap when bought in bulk, does that count in the £20 shop? Why does she always leave out these key details?

Apologies in advance, but these kinds of ‘budget meals’ being glamourised by Jack is sad. I remember living off food like this as a uni student, hating every minute, eating just enough so I had leftovers. Surely as a grown woman she shouldn’t be proud of this - it’s not her reality, just a story she pushes.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
So I read Roadside’s thread. She says Charwells knew it was her hamper, her school etc early last week. But have been slating her behind her back. Not interested in change/feeding kids. At the end she reposts the Jack tweet with the private school letter.
She’s a bit short on specifics. Says Charlie’s been doing stuff in vague terms - but doesn’t specify so there’s no way for her readers to judge what’s gone on. It’s frustrating.

Reactions: 17
Mrs Malaprop Jack is another favourite. An avaricious reader...doesn't she mean voracious?
First definition Google comes up with: Avaricious = "having or showing an extreme greed for wealth or material gain." Perhaps she didn't mean "voracious" after all?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
5 weeks? I feel like we have long-Monroe
My guess would be one grandma being a Greek Cypriot ya ya and I thought the other was a protelysing type according to the BBC play/story of Jack’s life. Making neither likely candidates as travelling heritage, but you never know 🤷🏼‍♀️
I seem to remember that her grandfather's obituary has his wife as Joan, who may well be Jack's granny if not a later wife. She may also have anglicised her name but it doesn't sound very Greek to me.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.