Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was life financially hard for your family or were you comfortably off?
I was never aware until I was an adult how financially difficult my childhood had been. Quite often, my parents didn’t eat dinner with us, and it took me being a parent to realise that’s because they didn’t have any.
Oh my bleeping life!
Obviously because they were saving up their hard earned for an Omega watch for her to sell

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
I would have been buzzing having a 2 bed at 24 honestly 🤪 Let alone Denby crockery and a fancy watch.

These blog archives are literally screaming how much of a bootstrapping, too posh for the welfare safety net lil smol Tory she is.
Me too! It's my dream to be able to have a place to myself, no matter how small or tit it is!

Reactions: 28
Forgot to quote the relevant article, but friends at 24 who are wealthy enough to lend you money towards a rental deposit? Just say your parents paid it to keep you out of their worst nightmare - council housing!

Why does she feel the need to justify “only” having a 2 bed at 24? Her upbringing / value system is very..... Tory
She's a bleeping idiot a council house would have been the best thing to have happened to her. Decent rent, option to buy it later on or save for a deposit to buy something better. I know council housing gets a bad rap, sometimes deservedly so but there is still some half decent stock left. It would certainly have been better than moving 5437927 times or whatever were on now.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

New thread!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.