Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a 'Brit', I'm a person. If someone called me a 'brit' to my face I'd likely punch them repeatedly whilst chanting 'I'm a person first, then <insert celtic heritage> 🔺 , then European, never a Brit"
Babe, same x
A very popular position to take for a Skaus, and I have never heard “a Brit” used except as an insult. She has really really messed up with that, it will not go down well with lots of people who live in the UK

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Poppy shaming and writing for the Express? If it smells like a Tory, it’s a Tory
hate to quote myself but also:

- obsessed with owning property
- her dad’s a landlord
- family in the military
- buys stuff from the Cotswold Co

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Was just coming on to post this, but see it's already here. This...is not a good look for her at all. More people getting very angry about it. Some squiggles genuinely very upset/disappointed with her.
She needs to learn that if she's insistent on being in the public eye, she can't please everyone. This is what happens when you flip-flop, you piss everyone off.

Reactions: 39
Just had a squiz at Twitter. Both pro and anti Corbyns after her.
She really has got herself in a pickle hasn't she?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Why don't they put two and two together?

Was 'poor' and unable to make rent THEN.....is still apparently 'poor' and unable to reliably make rent NOW.....

And she's got 300k followers, books and media deals NOW that she never had THEN. It's just the most egregious grift I've ever come across and it beggars belief that her followers can't see that.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I know it's a bit mealy mouthed because poverty is a political issue, but this is really why it would be so much better for Jack if she steered clear from party politics. Which are by nature divisive. She can criticise policies, but should not expressly trash or align herself with a particular party/politician.

ETA: this situation was just so avoidable. Lesson: Twitter is not there to memorialise every thought that fleets across your maverick brain. And be careful what you say in interviews.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
The rent thing is really odd. We all know it is definitely not due to not making enough money to pay it this year so it is either one or a combination of:

1 - Blatant tip jar rattling for all the new followers
2 - To make LC feel bad. After the Mary Poppins instagram find on LC's page, it is blindingly obvious the Mary Poppins cosplay was for her (and not SB, which was weird anyway). As that attention seeking approach didn't work she is now on a full blown guilt trip/making her look bad
3 - shockingly poor money management, maybe putting money into savings hoping more money would come through in time and not putting funds into the right account in time. As we all know JM is very careful with her wording to make it near impossible to catch her out in a direct lie so saying it bounced and not that she has been unable to pay her rent is definitely considered phrasing.
4. Pure lies. 6 months on the trot seems unlikely, after the first couple of times you would stop giving the bank free money in fees

It is also approaching the time the bungalow was spotted as being 'available'. There is no way that JM won't use that to spin into the narrative she wants other than her tenancy was up/she was planning on moving anyway.

I need to know why she cancelled a Sky tv appearance this morning? I wouldn't be surprised if she goes very quiet today so people start worrying about her. We've all seen the cycle many times over and it's probably next on the list for LC's attention if she really has LEFT again. Or she won't be able to stand it all being discussed without her and we are in for another day of chaos.

Reactions: 55
For the love of god, I do hope that there are some journalists that have come over to Tattle with all the recent attention Jack has gained. With all our receipts, it cannot be too long before the extent of her lies are revealed. I hate the gutter press, but will gladly make an exception if it means that she is exposed.

The six months’ rent bouncing lie has truly flabbered my ghast. She went on a v expensive sleeper train to Edinburgh and was buying and sending crisps and chocolate bars to people all over the fecking world a few months back! Those are not the actions of someone who is so poor they cannot pay their rent.

And did Hellman, DKL and Del Monte not pay her? I honestly cannot understand why more people don’t see through her blatant lies. And as for trying to dissuade RM from telling HER OWN story, I have no words. Actually I do, but they mainly involve shouting and swearing. 🤬🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 62
They could have just dropped the item to make way for something else but I'm hoping there has been a chaos.
I may not be on this thread much but I can for sure sniff out a drama if it’s brewing in a slow cooker... I want some drama 😂

(I got show jumping piglets on BBC Breakfast yesterday - not related)

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She’s just a total muddled mindfuck, and I can’t see why anyone still believes a word she says. She’s completely tied herself in knots lately, and it could sooo easily come crashing down:

* demanding the media contact ONLY HER, as it’s HER life’s work
* rent cheques bouncing, despite work with Del Monte, Linda McCartney, DAILY EXPRESS etc
* Jeremy Corbyn apology/solidarity comrades tweet (too confusing for me tbh)
* Patreon money
* penniless, yet still paying a freelance assistant on furlough full time wages (?)
* bubble buddy covid chips

I’m sure there a squillion more; but I need a wee and a crumpet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
2 - To make LC feel bad. After the Mary Poppins instagram find on LC's page, it is blindingly obvious the Mary Poppins cosplay was for her (and not SB, which was weird anyway). As that attention seeking approach didn't work she is now on a full blown guilt trip/making her look bad
I had a look at the instagram and realised the anniversary of JM and LC's engagement is 2 years ago next Tuesday. Maybe it's on her mind and that precipitated the cosplay?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Countdown to Jack being hounded off Twitter for good because it's giving her burnout/ouchy mouth/RSI (actually I could believe that one)...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Countdown to Jack being hounded off Twitter for good because it's giving her burnout/ouchy mouth/RSI (actually I could believe that one)...
If this happened I would genuinely miss this thread, but it would be so worth it for Jack to be exposed as a fraud and no longer have a platform to rip people off.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
If this happened I would genuinely miss this thread, but it would be so worth it for Jack to be exposed as a fraud and no longer have a platform to rip people off.
Don't worry - If it happened it would be for about 2 days max, I think we could ALL do with a wee break.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
For one minute I'm going to pretend she isn't lying about earning minimum wage...

If she is 'only' earning £23k and she's spent 8 years, 20 hours a day doing this 'work' then surely to god she's got to accept she's really not very good at it.
If your job saps your soul as much as she claims it does, gives you Burn Out and ruins relationships then get a new job ffs.
Also, claim benefits. If you can't afford the roof over your head or food on the table then apply for UC. She would be entitled to it. She would at the very least get FSM for the boy.

And then I remember she's lying, earned easily £100k last year and is a fraud, thief and Narc who tortured a kitten until it died and cons disabled people into handing over their benefit money.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
In the words of American cosplay Jack, oh lordy!

Agree that it would not be a surprise if she goes silent today, I think we know her patterns by now. Unless she is actually sleeping now after her 42 hour shift.

Reactions: 30
I may not be on this thread much but I can for sure sniff out a drama if it’s brewing in a slow cooker... I want some drama 😂

(I got show jumping piglets on BBC Breakfast yesterday - not related)

To be fair, anyone would dump an adenoidal whinge about THE POVERTY and MY STORY in favour of Showjumping Piglets.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.