Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the tweet from sky about her being on has also been deleted. There are replies but the original tweet is gone.

something happened that made her unavailable, with 20 min notice that’s odd.
Maybe cut her foot on the broken glass lying around the house, woke up with an ouchy mouth, accidentally got a black eye, got a cough, WiFi not working? (For any newbies, these are genuine previous excuses)

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Another one who got the Best for Britain email this morning. I've copied some of the text as it seemed quite jarring even for Jack.

I don't know if she's mixed up who she is writing for but the sentence with "not want any Brit to have to struggle" seems strange.

Does anyone refer to people as Brits? I have only heard it as a perjorative when in NI. It seems strange and unnecessary to me. Surely you want to help regardless of nationality?
I know what it's like to live on the breadline. It's why I started my recipe blog - to help those who may only have pennies to feed their family, to do so in the cheapest most healthy way. And I don't want any Brit to have to struggle to put food on the table, let alone those who are putting their lives at risk to keep the rest of us safe
I'm not a 'Brit', I'm a person. If someone called me a 'brit' to my face I'd likely punch them repeatedly whilst chanting 'I'm a person first, then <insert celtic heritage> 🔺 , then European, never a Brit"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
The old long COVID has probably popped up again or she has had a breakdown prompted by some tweets that weren’t kissing her arse 🙄

Wow she just can’t help herself can she? It took a long time to catch up on yesterday’s antics but I have to say that pretty much every page there is at least 1 post that makes me laugh out loud ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She said "bounced", which may not mean "unpaid". If she's just timing it wrong, the rent will be taken out of her account with no money in it, THEN she gets paid. So the rent shows as unpaid and bounced in the account. But then if she gets paid, and pays the rent again (things that bounce usually get "retried" 5-7 days later). There's a chance she's not poor, just unorganised.
There's a chance she's not poor, just unorganised.
I’m thinking this more and more. All of her story is about bad budgeting and money management. Suddenly realizing she hasn’t got enough rent/ jam. Buying high end make up/ toasters/ crockery. Buying stickers food rather than planning meals. Not eating the freezer fish...

Reactions: 39
Nooooo, don't suggest this, they'll all pop up here going "she was born in 1978!"
That's a point. I wonder if we should add "Jack was not born in 1978- it's a mistake by Companies House. This is not the smoking gun you seek" to the Jack for Dummies guide. FFS the way she Facetunes herself at times it's hard to believe she was born any earlier than 2018, let alone 1978.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Late to this but I can’t abide Poppy shaming. I completely respect people’s right to wear one but there are myriad reasons why people might choose not to.
I've stopped wearing one deliberately because of the way the cause has been hijacked. Seeing people wearing those MASSIVE ones as well is just bloody ridiculous. It's like everyone is being forced to out patriot each other. This is a new thing - it was never like this even a few years ago. I won't be shamed into doing anything thank you very much.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't subscribe to Best for Britain emails, but I follow them on Facebook - there's no mention of #thundercunt on there and on Twitter it's people tweeting their MPs with a set response that uses the hashtag and tags in best for britain.
388570-f3a4fd102656b7f6fe352d836402c220.png

Reactions: 14
I've stopped wearing one deliberately because of the way the cause has been hijacked. Seeing people wearing those MASSIVE ones as well is just bloody ridiculous. It's like everyone is being forced to out patriot each other. This is a new thing - it was never like this even a few years ago. I won't be shamed into doing anything thank you very much.
Masks with poppies on are peak examples of this. Clapping for the NHS wearing a mask with poppies on after voting Tory...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
That's a point. I wonder if we should add "Jack was not born in 1978- it's a mistake by Companies House. This is not the smoking gun you seek" to the Jack for Dummies guide. FFS the way she Facetunes herself at times it's hard to believe she was born any earlier than 2018, let alone 1978.
It’s already there 😂 Might bold it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
This comment irritates me immensely. If you had to cook using thin air and hope, then you know how hard it is, so how about putting a shopping list together?

Anyone who was genuine in their desire to support parents would be moving on to being helpful, show families how to use the £15 to cater for their child. And let’s get honest, lentil and dried mushroom with black tea isn’t the answer!

Create shopping lists for children‘s meals that would be eaten. Clue having worked in schools, fish fingers and chips are popular!

There could be ideas for people with or without freezer space, with or without cooking input, with or without additional snacks, with or without bigger breakfast...maybe cooked so then sandwiches for lunch.

If this is your life’s work then bloody do something useful!
388569-a95678a5232ed429fea6d8d1d11f078a.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 42
That bleeping 💪 emoji she keeps using fucks me off so much.
During her horrendous and completely unprovoked pile on of David Walliams (with awful accusations) people pointed out he has well documented mental health issues and her reply was along the lines of 'my heart bleeds for the multimillionaire in his mansion'.
If I start to feel sorry for her I remember things like that.
I am glad it isn't just me that I hates that stupid bleeping emojo.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
This comment irritates me immensely. If you had to cook using thin air and hope, then you know how hard it is, so how about putting a shopping list together?

Anyone who was genuine in their desire to support parents would be moving on to being helpful, show families how to use the £15 to cater for their child. And let’s get honest, lentil and dried mushroom with black tea isn’t the answer!

Create shopping lists for children‘s meals that would be eaten. Clue having worked in schools, fish fingers and chips are popular!

There could be ideas for people with or without freezer space, with or without cooking input, with or without additional snacks, with or without bigger breakfast...maybe cooked so then sandwiches for lunch.

If this is your life’s work then bloody do something useful!
every time I see this screenshot I remember a poster saying she looks like the third Gallagher brother and start laughing all over again

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I'm of exactly the same view. As an aside I never saw a single one of my older relatives who actually fought or lost people in WW2 wear a poppy so the best tribute I can pay to them is to exercise my own freedom of choice.

😂😂 300 Patreons who thought they were sponsoring a Dickensian urchin child out of the east end slums horrified to learn she’s a boomer
EXCUSE ME! 1978 would make her a Gen X'r if you don't mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
She said "bounced", which may not mean "unpaid". If she's just timing it wrong, the rent will be taken out of her account with no money in it, THEN she gets paid. So the rent shows as unpaid and bounced in the account. But then if she gets paid, and pays the rent again (things that bounce usually get "retried" 5-7 days later). There's a chance she's not poor, just unorganised.
Bounced cheques are very expensive - banks gleefully charge a pile for them. She should organise her budgeting better - get some advice - oh wait she claims to be a budgeting expert.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Following on from my previous point I really hope Roadside mum does write, I heard her on the radio yesterday and she was great. Really clearly spoken and emotionally balanced.

I hope something comes out of this for her, a genuine real story talking from real up to date experiences. I think this is important because people can actually comprehend and attatch themselves to personal stories more than they can to overwhelming numbers.

Hope I’ve explained that properly, but the basics are that most people empathise better with a real and relatable experience than they do with data because for most people understanding numbers in 100’s of thousands is overwhelming and we can’t process it So the story gets lost on us. *someone else might be able to explain this better.

Anyway, Jack’s tweet really has a vibe of .....step back from writing, this is my gig and it’s awful and tiring and you won’t cope, leave it to me ...(she really wants to protect her income and crown rather than promoting the real voice of this situation)
388575-7ea07c2bd74eefc591f20eaa4761fcd6.jpg

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 63
Another one who got the Best for Britain email this morning. I've copied some of the text as it seemed quite jarring even for Jack.

I don't know if she's mixed up who she is writing for but the sentence with "not want any Brit to have to struggle" seems strange.

Does anyone refer to people as Brits? I have only heard it as a perjorative when in NI. It seems strange and unnecessary to me. Surely you want to help regardless of nationality?
I know what it's like to live on the breadline. It's why I started my recipe blog - to help those who may only have pennies to feed their family, to do so in the cheapest most healthy way. And I don't want any Brit to have to struggle to put food on the table, let alone those who are putting their lives at risk to keep the rest of us safe
I think people that read, or write for the Express would use the term Brit, wouldn't they?

Morning all ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.