Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can't comprehend this whole thing.. her whole thing is that you can make food out duck all, and here she is saying these children can't make food out of duck all...
Exactly. £20 shops anyone? Feeding growing children maize snacks and bacon scraps and the same rotten sandwich every day - all good when it's her son, shrieking hysteria when it's the government doing it.

(I hate both the paltry food hampers, and the £20 shops btw)

She hasn't got a clue. Not feeling in the slightest bit sorry for her anymore. Grifting talentless slop merchant.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
FFS, how many times a day does she edit her Twitter bio? It's ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’m now reminiscing about the various one-upmanships - we went to church of ireland.... I Remember various conversations people would have about who was the better Christian lol!

@Lanie I’m actually thinking of my childhood and some great nights when the free p’s would do their events and there would be a big spread of sandwiches and buns and the massive kettles of tea when I was about 8 or 9 I had no idea what their beliefs were in detail at that age. I just remember going to their meetings and there was a lot of talk about ‘getting saved’

I went to a couple of baptist events as a teenager as I fancied the son of the minister who was in my year in school.

anyway back to the most important thing...., it is nearly 8pm... how’s the thunderclap going??????
i was a fair weather christian as a child. the family who lived next door to me were very involved with our local church and their son would let me know when the church were organizing parties, trips, days out, camping etc....and i would turn up the week before to get the consent form, have a lovely day and then disappear for another few months. haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She always goes on about her disabilities and others being ableist but 1) putting captions on videos and 2) alt text on images (the screenshot of her statement earlier) are accessibility social media basics. IDIOT
Captions and alt text are for disabilities that Jack hasn't got round to claiming yet. For Jack there are real serious problems that directly affect her, there are other peoples problems that she can cash in on and then at the bottom of the pile all the boring trivial tit other people go on about. It's Jack's world we just live in it.

Reactions: 28
Veronicaaa, the voice of reason! Thank space you, I’ll try to snap out of it!
Having said that, I do genuinely hope she has an early night and gets a good sleep before logging back on tomorrow to survey the wreckage of her timeline.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
This isn’t a new issue, it’s an ongoing problem for children not being fed in the holidays. If she was the ‘expert’ she would know this.
Schools try hard to help. I’ve worked in ones that have had food parcels and have made sure there are study sessions and children are well fed in holidays. I know local activities that feed children a hot lunch in the holidays.
is this an area she has mentioned or campaigned for before, you know, being the U.K. expert and all?
You’re right being a FSM child of the 60's it was an issue then.

Reactions: 13
I hope no one feels sorry for this woman.

She’s getting a bleeping good dose of ‘who the duck do you think you are and bleeping sit down, I can’t see Marcus, Tom and Jamie’

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Agree with this. I can't even bear to watch the video as it's sure to be painful 🙈 I wonder did she know about being left off the letter and tried to be pre-emptive with this fiasco? Somebody needs to step in and save her from herself.
I think you’ve nailed it, she realised she’s being left out (because she’s a massive liability) and this is the result. She needs someone to take her phone away, but nobody will. I just really hope SB is with his dad atm.

Reactions: 31
Exactly. £20 shops anyone? Feeding growing children maize snacks and bacon scraps and the same rotten sandwich every day - all good when it's her son, shrieking hysteria when it's the government doing it.

(I hate both the paltry food hampers, and the £20 shops btw)

She hasn't got a clue. Not feeling in the slightest bit sorry for her anymore. Grifting talentless slop merchant.
One of the Youtubers I watch, Sopherina, does a lot on shopping at budget supermarkets - she did a sub £30 shop video off the back of this, and demonstrated how it could be used to create simple nutritious meals to feed a family for a week. She also thanked MR at the end of the vid.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
just going to claim ownership before someone else does- my auntie makes the best Mars bar squares (basically melted Mars bars, butter etc mixed with rice crispies and into a tray with choc on top)
But can she make a decent Cherry or Fruit Scone? That's the most important part.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She’s going to be mortified about all this when she hits the inevitable low isn’t she? But I’m sure she’ll blame it on some sort of illness/ ADHD/Autism like she always does. It’s almost painful to watch, but she’s does it to herself, so I have zero sympathy.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.