Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't go to her when you are weary she will keep you up for 72 hours talking about how much she has and had yet too. She's not for the tired and weary.

She may even make you play that awful game of how deep and meaningful youre life is with added Bible quotations.

Crucified?
Done it, mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Agree with this. I can't even bear to watch the video as it's sure to be painful 🙈 I wonder did she know about being left off the letter and tried to be pre-emptive with this fiasco? Somebody needs to step in and save her from herself.
Me too. She’s going to go into a tailspin.

Obviously it’s utterly delusional when she wangs on about her “life’s work”, but the fact is *she* believes it. And it must really hurt to be excised from all the actually effective activism of Rashford et al.

I know she’s done this to herself [cue Radiohead] and never seems to learn...but ouch.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This whole video thing reminds me of the black and white (as mayonnaise) video she did - where she somehow made the BLM protests all about HER...

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Why did she post the video twice, with two separate captions, at the same time?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I just can't comprehend this whole thing.. her whole thing is that you can make food out duck all, and here she is saying these children can't make food out of duck all...

• Haha
Reactions: 46
the video's literally just her reading out the earlier "statement" isn't it?

what is the point?

other than riding coattails and getting attention, obv
Can almost see her last night, gobsmacked that Boris called MR and not her, livid that she isn't mentioned enough and thinking: "How the duck am I gonna bump myself further up the attention ladder? - I know! I'll write a statement which addresses Boris directly, that must surely be worth at least a text...or a mention in The Guardian..." *writes statement, posts it online*

*...then Rashford releases his own statement, with the help of Oliver....*

Again, can almost see the gears spinning - Monroe, desperate and with her back against the wall thinks "duck it, I'm being forced into this....I'm gonna go nuclear....i'm gonna have to make my statement into a video..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Those ninnies playing divide and conquer on their letter to the PM 😤

71A9E322-8163-4BA8-9E78-C48FFF39F44F.jpeg

ETA - not a new tweet, 5 hours old is ancient history in Jack time too

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Erm, why aren't you working behind the scenes on this. This is fantastic.

Yes I also went to a Baptist youth club too. They were very showy and loved to talk about themselves alot. Alot of my extended family are free ps, my own family unit is not.
I’m now reminiscing about the various one-upmanships - we went to church of ireland.... I Remember various conversations people would have about who was the better Christian lol!

@Lanie I’m actually thinking of my childhood and some great nights when the free p’s would do their events and there would be a big spread of sandwiches and buns and the massive kettles of tea when I was about 8 or 9 I had no idea what their beliefs were in detail at that age. I just remember going to their meetings and there was a lot of talk about ‘getting saved’

I went to a couple of baptist events as a teenager as I fancied the son of the minister who was in my year in school.

anyway back to the most important thing...., it is nearly 8pm... how’s the thunderclap going??????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I absolutely love the work @Alansbigplate does, but I was a bit let down that he ignored the request for a Cliff Gif and just did some roller skating Rose West thing?

I am aware of the Northern Irish cultural phenomenon of what I always heard were “Protestant traybakes” which are generally agreed to be the greatest and bestest of cakes. I did not know that there were circles within of who does the best of the best though 😱 can’t wait until Jack pours her version of one into a bowl as a new recipe 🤣

I think the religious stuff is grandiosity- I’m a good person I quote the Bible, also it means stop going on about anti Semitism its just being anti-Christian.

No laughing at the spelling, dyslexia is on the list. Although she really should open her emails and read them, there might be an open letter in there for her to sign. They should have re-sent marked “urgent” silly Marcus!
Buuutt it is saint cliff, wired for sound is it not?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
📢📢📢 STOP FEELING SORRY FOR HER EVERYONE

Never will.

Whenever I *nearly* do I think back to the snide disrespect and lack of humanity she showed David Cameron's personal grief of losing his child. That's nothing political.

She's an awful person.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm really annoyed she deleted the stuff about donating the fees to charity. When challenged about why the fees are going through her rather than directly to the charity Magic Breakfast, she claimed the media told her it would be quicker for them to give the fee to her, so she could donate it, as the charity are not on their payroll. This obviously makes it very easy for the donation to never happen, or for her to keep some of the fee. I am horrified that more is not being made of this: it's a blatant, blatant scam.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I absolutely love the work @Alansbigplate does, but I was a bit let down that he ignored the request for a Cliff Gif and just did some roller skating Rose West thing?

I am aware of the Northern Irish cultural phenomenon of what I always heard were “Protestant traybakes” which are generally agreed to be the greatest and bestest of cakes. I did not know that there were circles within of who does the best of the best though 😱 can’t wait until Jack pours her version of one into a bowl as a new recipe 🤣

I think the religious stuff is grandiosity- I’m a good person I quote the Bible, also it means stop going on about anti Semitism its just being anti-Christian.

No laughing at the spelling, dyslexia is on the list. Although she really should open her emails and read them, there might be an open letter in there for her to sign. They should have re-sent marked “urgent” silly Marcus!
just going to claim ownership before someone else does- my auntie makes the best Mars bar squares (basically melted Mars bars, butter etc mixed with rice crispies and into a tray with choc on top)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.