Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies for all this - some evidence of the uprising @Mustard - there’s more but life is too short to spend all day squiggling 😜

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
I'm in the distant past and at this point may never catch up, but the tweet in this post made me claw at the floor and howl at the moon: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-131-mary-sloppins.13678/post-3504135

Why does a commissioning editor at the Guardian need JM to spell out to her that '£5 may as well be £5,000, because when you don't have it, you don't have it.'? Even if you don't care about poverty or poor people - it's just basic logic. How this can be lauded as something notable or worthy is beyond me. And may I add, dear reader, this is all in the context of 'tin opener poverty'.

I despair. Everything is a single issue, people who are paid to commission journalists seem to lack any basic understanding of the world, there are too many chaoses to catch up. If I lived my life a la Jack, I'd just go back to bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
It does expose how very detached these so called left wing journos are from the reality of poverty. The problem of Jack has its roots in a much bigger issue, that of the lack of reality. Working class people are either demonized or romanticised depending on the political leaning of the journo. None of it is reality

• Heart
Reactions: 42
A big thank you to all the screen shotters. Had a look at Jack's twitter and got thoroughly confused with all the deletions.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Some of those Tweeters in Mustard’s attachments have an opinion others may listen to .
Perhaps , slowly and surely the facade Monroe has built as the Saviour of the Poor can be chipped at and she’ll be exposed.

I just don’t get the hero worship and applause she receives.

Right, off to work , see you later.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’ve never seen so much negativity for our Jackie. I’m always looking and only ever see people blowing smoke up her arse. I’m praying (Christian country an all that) the worm is turning. They see you Jackie, just keep going hun, first your politics then your grifting 👌

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Newsdesk tweets deleted, but the bikini one still stands. She seems to like that story - it's the second time she's tweeted about those photos 🤷
I think and might be wrong it's because all the papers I've seems are focusing more on MR and RM. She's been mentioned but very little and normally way down the story.

She's not getting enough limelight.

Also that's really crap her rent bounced. She needs to perhaps start looking for a more stable income. Something is falling short. I don't know why she does it to herself.

Reactions: 20
The same thing jack accuses chartwell of doing making money off the worse off in society jack does this everyday. No wonder shes nervous in this interview it takes one story for the whole grift to come tumbling down

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I’ve never had much of an opinion on this woman.
but actually seeing the gobshite on GMB just now wow.
I thought she was really poor and lived in a bedsit the last time I actually heard about her?

her house looks awfully nice for a poor person 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I’ve never had much of an opinion on this woman.
but actually seeing the gobshite on GMB just now wow.
I thought she was really poor and lived in a bedsit the last time I actually heard about her?

her house looks awfully nice for a poor person 🤷🏻‍♀️
Hahahahahaha
She is extremely well off but plays at being poor so much so shes moved that toaster she pretends she cant afford out of frame

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I'm loving al the love for 'Caroline has hands' that keeps popping up. However, may I remind you that these are MY WORDS and it's MY STORY, so in future, please credit me. I've applied for the trademark.

Also, I've added @HarderFaster 's excellent history on Jack to the wiki.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
I think and might be wrong it's because all the papers I've seems are focusing more on MR and RM. She's been mentioned but very little and normally way down the story.

She's not getting enough limelight.

Also that's really crap her rent bounced. She needs to perhaps start looking for a more stable income. Something is falling short. I don't know why she does it to herself.
I think if her rent bounced, and it's a big if, it's because she prioritises the shiny over the important. Most people it's rent/mortgage, bills, food, other stuff, whereas she's putting 'other stuff' firmly at the top of the list. That and she insists on living in an overly expensive house.

Reactions: 39
It has taken me a long time to catch up, now I am having my isolated lunch. I'm having a horrible day- lots of people off with Covid or isolating so lots of pressure on those of us left.

I made some notes out of fury so I didn't forget anything.

___781-0982a79af596713ead061f196b9f35d5.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.