Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it evil for me to hope that someone on SM contacts Jack and asks 'so how much have you raised for magic breakfast '.😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She also didn't even bother replying to this very thoughtful (and absolutely bleeping unnecessary) apology View attachment 387136
So she’s left wing on the basis of what she’s reading?

I genuinely didn’t realise that you are what you read. On that basis and having just read Mr. Nice, I’m now a big time drug dealer called Howard Marks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She's so bleeping clueless. Yes, let's make a more dangerous working environment for catering staff and potentially flout a multitude of health and safety laws. twit.
Nice of her to throw low paid catering staff and under pressure school staff to the wolves while she rearranges furniture in her crappy bungalow.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
My friends are praising her on FB. Have tried to open some eyes but they think she’s a bloody saint 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
So she’s left wing on the basis of what she’s reading?

I genuinely didn’t realise that you are what you read. On that basis and having just read Mr. Nice, I’m now a big time drug dealer called Howard Marks.
especially as i recall her defending her best mate Sarah Vine for having holocaust denying books on her bookshelf? Anyone else remember this?!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Living for this cancellation by the left. It’s long, long overdue.

If any credible accounts who also happen to lurk here (not the bleeping squirrel or denim sue) could point them in the direction of the Kickstarter fiasco, the constant lies, the fake budget shops and the various Tory sensibilities that would be quite wonderful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Oh Twitter is a joy today.
Normally any dissent toward Jack would end up in a pile on and the nasty cow would be sitting there with a smug grin.
Very Left Twitter normally ignore her but today is like the big boys and girls have come out to play. The Squiggles don't stand a chance.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I had a ponder last night, while she was running round like a headless chicken. Everytime someone mentioned a charity related to poverty, no matter where in the country, no matter how tentative the connection, she always says she is working with them.

However, by working with them, does she just mean sitting in a room full of charity managers telling her ever changing origin story? Or does she mean really working with them? Like trying to achieve positive outcome, or providing a solution.

Perhaps her problem is she is trying to stick her neb in to too many things.

It's funny that of all the "gigs" she lost due to covid, she only mentions festivals (God knows who would want to see her at a festival), book signings and appearances. Things she gets money for doing. She never mentions the charity work that she's missed out on.
I think it means she sent them an angry, rambling email and she got a form response.

She's really bleeping me off at the moment. This weekend I spoke to a colleague who occasionally works at a place I used to and I asked how a mutual friend was doing. The first thing she told me was that she was now thin as a rake, she mentioned this cos the friend in question had been notably overweight when I knew her. However her hours had been cut since the plague and she had to make the choice between her eating, or her kid eating. That's bleeping poverty, and yet here's Jack happily accepting donations from deluded Twitter idiots.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
My friends are praising her on FB. Have tried to open some eyes but they think she’s a bloody saint 🙄
Please can you ask them what they genuinely think she has done? I am interested in their viewn.

The way I see it is that on Monday evening when the photos appeared, the DFE and Chartwells said they would look at it on Tuesday morning. They did, they had conversations with relevant parties and sorted it out. Although evidence has since shown that the vouchers were always planned to return.

What has she done, apart from scream on twitter and centre herself in the whole debate to grow her followers and her bank account.

Reactions: 42
Just thinking out loud here (and apologies if the convo has moved on), but all if this could be sorted if they just gave parents the money up to the value of three school meals.

I'm in Scotland, get FSM and we get a payment every 2 weeks from the council (may be different outside my council area). It's not much but it does help.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.