Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem is she thinks she’s fixed it single handily. I’ve seen hundreds of others on twitter talking about this issue.
it’s been fixed by Marcus, he has the politicians ears just now as they know people are listening to him.
all she did was tweet, nothing more. Oh and probably earned some money from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Assume the fee from this article, in her new fav 'left-wing' paper, will also be going straight to charity (with accompanying receipt).

___070-a03f2c25b6a91bb03505edce37d6dccb.png

ETA: just properly read it (have slight JM style burnout about JM this morning) and note 2nd to last paragraph and apologise to @Veronicaaa in advance. Bad news that 'hot takes' in print are a bit trickier to take back, innit?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I had a ponder last night, while she was running round like a headless chicken. Everytime someone mentioned a charity related to poverty, no matter where in the country, no matter how tentative the connection, she always says she is working with them.

However, by working with them, does she just mean sitting in a room full of charity managers telling her ever changing origin story? Or does she mean really working with them? Like trying to achieve positive outcome, or providing a solution.

Perhaps her problem is she is trying to stick her neb in to too many things.

It's funny that of all the "gigs" she lost due to covid, she only mentions festivals (God knows who would want to see her at a festival), book signings and appearances. Things she gets money for doing. She never mentions the charity work that she's missed out on.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Assume the fee from this article, in her new fav 'left-wing' paper, will also be going straight to charity (with accompanying receipt).

View attachment 387101

ETA: just properly read it (have slight JM style burnout about JM this morning) and note 2nd to last paragraph and apologise to @Veronicaaa in advance. Bad news that 'hot takes' in print are a bit trickier to take back, innit?
She's so bleeping clueless. Yes, let's make a more dangerous working environment for catering staff and potentially flout a multitude of health and safety laws. twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Sorry, I’ve had to skip loads because she is the gift that keeps on giving content creator of our dreams.

I’m sure this has been said but she doesn’t really want the papers to do an expose because it would include loads of the stuff from here. WE. KEEP. RECEIPTS.

However, I do think she’d love to be in the paper in her pants, serving shots or whatever it was. She’s desperate for them to ask for that photo. Didn’t she say she was in the sex industry too or am I misremembering?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It's funny that of all the "gigs" she lost due to covid, she only mentions festivals (God knows who would want to see her at a festival), book signings and appearances. Things she gets money for doing. She never mentions the charity work that she's missed out on.
You haven't been up at 3am, off your tits listening to Jack talking about The Poverty? Mate, you haven't LIVED.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Just to be clear the voucher scheme was always due to return. It was in a DfE doc issued on 6 Jan that it would although understandably many heads were cynical about how long it would take. The schools that that have been giving vouchers have done this from their own funds. The crappy food boxes delivered were from schools which had outsourced their school lunch provision (probably lots are academies) to Chartwells and other private school meal providers.
The better meals seem to be coming from schools which still have their own dinner ladies etc. I said before I'm a school governor and I spoke to our head yesterday. She said they had delivered over 100 families food parcels using their kitchen supplies. We also have about 90 kids still in schools. DFE guidance, the one Jack demanded and then retweeted back to the DfE specifically said that pre cooked meals should be avoided and food items should be provided. So Jack's marvellous idea of portioning school dinners into Tupperware was not suitable on DFE grounds.
I mean can you imagine her roaring and clawing if schools had sent home portions of cold roast potatoes, soggy carrots and crappy cooled lardy sausages. She'd be suing them for stealing her schtick! I mean decrying it as not good enough.

The TL:DR is these boxes were never meant to be worth £15. The voucher scheme was always due to come back but there is now a fixed date for it. Jack is not responsible for changing anything. Except her backstory. Again

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
Story was the headline on BBC News at 12. Marcus quoted, and another sensible talking head (not JM) who suggested provision at local level e.g. businesses who needed the work e.g. caterers/cafes who cannot open.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
You'd think constantly working 20 hour days, she'd have adapted to less sleep. A 15 hour day is only 3/4 of her normal amount of hours, she should be well rested. Weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I see Kerry Anne Mendoza is slagging JM on Twitter. The Very Online Left will be doing some digging now. Uh oh.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
top squiggle is a jack defender under the 'centrism is a disease' post. What a beautiful interaction.
___103-e3b75ecf9a47bb9f35012b3c98d8e558.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Don't you know, in her own words she has lost jobs in the media because she is, and I quote "a loud mouth, tattooed, lezza". She has had untold abuse for being gay, or trans, or NB, though there is scant evidence of it anywhere.

Her failure to break into media has nothing to do with her being a liability and just generally awful, unprofessional and a difficult person to work with. No sir, it's because she's got tattoos and is a lesbian.
I've seen a Tweet from a squiggle saying it was 'obvious sexism' that MR is being credited and not Jack.
Um no, no it is not. It is because she is tit and no one wants to work with her...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

View attachment 387101

Weird that she shrugged off this ridiculous suggestion as "just thinking out loud" on twitter and yet includes it in a piece for the Express 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She also didn't even bother replying to this very thoughtful (and absolutely bleeping unnecessary) apology

___105-b8608110cea623353148bed9cce63673.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Apologies for all this - some evidence of the uprising @Mustard - there’s more but life is too short to spend all day squiggling 😜
I'm quite a bit behind but seeing all this I can't get that tune from Dr Who (S.3 Ep12) out of my head.
"The Sound Of Drums" - Here come the drums!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.