Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is this?
You should try and watch it on catch up. It's this realistic robot that spouts gibberish. It's almost convincing but you can still tell something isn't quite right, the company that make them reckon they'll have it perfected in the next 5-10 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sorry to jump on this post, and please correct me if I’m wrong anywhere.. So, I’ve seen Jack on Twitter here and there and I’m sure I also read somewhere that she comes from a well off family, private school etc. I’m not sure how accurate the information is, but how did she end up in the situation she did which got her famous? Aka being poor and making recipes from a small amount of money?
She ended up back on my Twitter feed via the chaos that the FSM hampers have caused (and very rightly so, I received one and it was just degrading. They handed me the contents in a BIN LINER).
Edit: in case anyone read this and wondered why they would need to use a huge bin liner, well there was simply NO reason at all because the contents in it were simply as follows. A loaf of bread, 3 yogurts, tin of tuna, 1 orange, 2 chunks of cheese the size of a matchbox, 1 packet of raisins and 2 baking potatoes. What on earth do I make with that?!..
Absolutely unconscionable that you were treated so dreadfully. I’m really sorry. This government are such awful turds.

This is all probably in the Wiki and dotted through the threads but my sleep patterns are fucked so I’m gonna write it all out again :) however definitely check out the thread summaries at the beginning of each thread because they have receipts of long-deleted tweets.

- Jack was brought up by a high-ranking firefighter father and a nurse mother who also fostered (so three incomes). They have a five bed detached house in a nice part of Southend and Jack went to a grammar school. She recently claimed to have been expelled for stealing a scalpel but this is disputed. Various accounts say that she received between 4.5 and 7 GCSEs and then left.

- Jack’s Grandad was Greek-Cypriot and was a landlord with a string of properties and restaurants around Essex. Edwina Currie pointed this out during a televised debate while Jack pretended she was working class and Jack screamed “My Grandfather is DEAD” in place of an actual rebuttal. Then she wrote a whingey open letter as a response a few days later.

- Jack’s mother is Northern Irish. Jack likes to hint at her status as a “second generation immigrant” when she can.

- After some casual work in cafés and bars as a youngster Jack somehow (read: Daddy) got a job in the control room for the fire service. This was a highly paid role for someone in their early twenties with no qualifications - £24-27k.

- Jack managed to get pregnant through a dalliance with a friend and subsequently variously claims that she was dismissed from the fire service or forced to leave because they would not accommodate her request for flexible working to look after her son. Never mind that armies of key worker parents have managed to do shift work forever: Jack didn’t want to so she left her well paid job to Make A Point.

- Despite having well off relatives who could have helped her, and the father of her child being famously supportive (she literally wrote a Guardian article thanking him), she chose to keep her problems with the benefit system quiet and instead allowed herself and her baby son to go hungry for between 6 months and a year. She claims to have sold a piano, a very fancy watch, her son’s cuddly toys, the lightbulbs and last of all her very fancy camera to make ends meet. Never mind that most poor people don’t have access to Omega Seamasters as a matter of course. Jack did.

- Despite being too proud to ask for help from her parents, Jack wasn’t too proud to tell her story on a publicly available blog, or to publicise her situation through a friend who happened to be a local journalist. Her story of woe gained a LOT of traction.

- Increasingly she was given writing work, publishing deals, corporate sponsorships and awards for her work. She became Quite Famous as the palatable face of the poors.

- She moved in with millionaire chef Allegra McEvedy and began to rub shoulders with the West London media set. She fucked this relationship up.

- She moved back to Essex for her son (although this seemed to bother her less when she uprooted him to move in with a millionaire) and not long after got with a C4 news exec. She continued to get TV work, writing jobs and book deals despite her brief stint in poverty being increasingly irrelevant given spreading disadvantage and the rollout of universal credit.

- At the start of lockdown, despite living with a very well paid partner in a large detached property, she posted an extended freak out about loss of income and aggressively posted links to her PayPal and Patreon for donations. She also started a campaign against Jamie Oliver for getting a TV show, leading to being booked for Daily Kitchen Live which she was consistently underprepared for.

- Said partner broke up with her. She had another freak out about the rent on her large property and rattled the tip jar again.

- She threatened to sue Tattle posters for saying she was not very good on the telly.

- She has received more gifts and found more discarded high end items than any person who ever existed. These include: a Burberry scarf, expensive crockery, an Emin (which is hung in her toilet). She spends an inordinate amount of money on expensive furniture, clothes and tech, but then pretends that she has no money for butter.

- She claims that she can feed a family of 3 (her ex came back to ‘bubble’ with her) on £20 per week. This is bullshit as she doesn’t include toiletries, cleaning stuff, pet food or lots of what makes an appearance in her photos. We suspect she actually uses Ocado for fancy deliveries and performs this poverty.

There’s just so much more, including an army of flying Twitter monkies (her phrase) who attack anyone who dares to speak out.

TL;DR - she’s a terrible person and a grifter, and her constant need to insert herself into everything (such as this FSM debate even though her son does not require FSM) does more harm than good.

• Heart
Reactions: 173
Absolutely unconscionable that you were treated so dreadfully. I’m really sorry. This government are such awful turds.

This is all probably in the Wiki and dotted through the threads but my sleep patterns are fucked so I’m gonna write it all out again :) however definitely check out the thread summaries at the beginning of each thread because they have receipts of long-deleted tweets.

- Jack was brought up by a high-ranking firefighter father and a nurse mother who also fostered (so three incomes). They have a five bed detached house in a nice part of Southend and Jack went to a grammar school. She recently claimed to have been expelled for stealing a scalpel but this is disputed. Various accounts say that she received between 4.5 and 7 GCSEs and then left.

- Jack’s Grandad was Greek-Cypriot and was a landlord with a string of properties and restaurants around Essex. Edwina Currie pointed this out during a televised debate while Jack pretended she was working class and Jack screamed “My Grandfather is DEAD” in place of an actual rebuttal. Then she wrote a whingey open letter as a response a few days later.

- Jack’s mother is Northern Irish. Jack likes to hint at her status as a “second generation immigrant” when she can.

- After some casual work in cafés and bars as a youngster Jack somehow (read: Daddy) got a job in the control room for the fire service. This was a highly paid role for someone in their early twenties with no qualifications - £24-27k.

- Jack managed to get pregnant through a dalliance with a friend and subsequently variously claims that she was dismissed from the fire service or forced to leave because they would not accommodate her request for flexible working to look after her son. Never mind that armies of key worker parents have managed to do shift work forever: Jack didn’t want to so she left her well paid job to Make A Point.

- Despite having well off relatives who could have helped her, and the father of her child being famously supportive (she literally wrote a Guardian article thanking him), she chose to keep her problems with the benefit system quiet and instead allowed herself and her baby son to go hungry for between 6 months and a year. She claims to have sold a piano, a very fancy watch, her son’s cuddly toys, the lightbulbs and last of all her very fancy camera to make ends meet. Never mind that most poor people don’t have access to Omega Seamasters as a matter of course. Jack did.

- Despite being too proud to ask for help from her parents, Jack wasn’t too proud to tell her story on a publicly available blog, or to publicise her situation through a friend who happened to be a local journalist. Her story of woe gained a LOT of traction.

- Increasingly she was given writing work, publishing deals, corporate sponsorships and awards for her work. She became Quite Famous as the palatable face of the poors.

- She moved in with millionaire chef Allegra McEvedy and began to rub shoulders with the West London media set. She fucked this relationship up.

- She moved back to Essex for her son (although this seemed to bother her less when she uprooted him to move in with a millionaire) and not long after got with a C4 news exec. She continued to get TV work, writing jobs and book deals despite her brief stint in poverty being increasingly irrelevant given spreading disadvantage and the rollout of universal credit.

- At the start of lockdown, despite living with a very well paid partner in a large detached property, she posted an extended freak out about loss of income and aggressively posted links to her PayPal and Patreon for donations. She also started a campaign against Jamie Oliver for getting a TV show, leading to being booked for Daily Kitchen Live which she was consistently underprepared for.

- Said partner broke up with her. She had another freak out about the rent on her large property and rattled the tip jar again.

- She threatened to sue Tattle posters for saying she was not very good on the telly.

- She has received more gifts and found more discarded high end items than any person who ever existed. These include: a Burberry scarf, expensive crockery, an Emin (which is hung in her toilet). She spends an inordinate amount of money on expensive furniture, clothes and tech, but then pretends that she has no money for butter.

- She claims that she can feed a family of 3 (her ex came back to ‘bubble’ with her) on £20 per week. This is bullshit as she doesn’t include toiletries, cleaning stuff, pet food or lots of what makes an appearance in her photos. We suspect she actually uses Ocado for fancy deliveries and performs this poverty.

There’s just so much more, including an army of flying Twitter monkies (her phrase) who attack anyone who dares to speak out.

TL;DR - she’s a terrible person and a grifter, and her constant need to insert herself into everything (such as this FSM debate even though her son does not require FSM) does more harm than good.
This neeeeeeeds to go in the wiki!!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
She is insufferable. If she wanted to she could run a how to/simple cooking show via YouTube. She could have been doing this for months instead of Twitter Twatting
She should have been doing this for years. Right when she became famous in 2012 and 2013, youtube and youtubers were blowing up. If she'd actually learnt to cook decent, simple, cheap food, and showcased it on youtube, she could have made a difference, and had the riches she craves.

Reactions: 31
Just popping in from a distant grunk to say I think “Caroline Has Hands” would make an excellent band name, or title for a novel or short story.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Literally cannot stand this tit. And I only use the word literally literally. Also the word tit.

duck me, is she working on every project out there regarding poverty, school meals , the living wage etc.
Yes, in the sense that 'working on' = forensically monitoring their socials for bandwagons she can furiously jump on, scrape content from, and claim as her own that she's been working on for 8 years - quietly, in the shadows cos she's such a shrinking jackfruit don'tchaknow - while being hounded from pillar to post 28 hours a day 12 days a week and jfc if she could please just stop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I’m a Liverpool fan and normally I have huge irrational hatred for everything a United kicky ball player does. I feel no such hatred for Marcus and actually want him to do well (ideally score a goal and they lose)
He is just such a humble young man and despite what he admits to not being heavily educated when younger he seems very, very intelligent but most importantly he is extremely emotionally intelligent.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

Utterly superb write-up!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
@Incywincy is on her way only two-three threads away! I look forward to little Incy’s take on the FSM chaos.

I’m not starting a new thread, one of you ninnies can do it, I’m BUSY!

Mod edit: It is not necessary to announce that someone is catching up on the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Thank you so much for all this information! I’ve always had a very weird feeling about her so I’ve avoided her ever since, but I’ll definitely be having a little dig around tomorrow to see what else she’s been up too.
I really don’t understand why she didn’t ask for help when she was apparently piss poor. Surely her parents would visit to see their grandchild etc? I don’t know, it’s almost 1am and I’m rambling but I come from quite a poor family, neither my mother or father worked due to illness/addiction/many other factors. However, my grandparents (who didn’t have much, just steady jobs each) would die before they saw me and my brothers without. Even now, as a mother of two, working part time while also studying Law at uni, they can tell by the tone of my voice if things aren’t too great. I guess it angers me that she put herself and an innocent child through an awful situation that she could very easily got herself out of. I’ve been hungry, I’ve said I wasn’t hungry when I was starving but didn’t have any money, I lost friends because ‘no one will want to be my friend in secondary school because I can’t afford brand names etc’. It sticks with you forever and it’s not a situation I’d wish on my worst enemy. Yet you don’t see me always banging on about how awful my life has been at some points. Poor for 6 months? Try a whole childhood and I might give you a pity party.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Does
Literally cannot stand this tit. And I only use the word literally literally. Also the word tit.

Yes, in the sense that 'working on' = forensically monitoring their socials for bandwagons she can furiously jump on, scrape content from, and claim as her own that she's been working on for 8 years - quietly, in the shadows cos she's such a shrinking jackfruit don'tchaknow - while being hounded from pillar to post 28 hours a day 12 days a week and jfc if she could please just stop.
Does anyone else wonder if it's conscious that hounds are all the time. Like a good angel bad angel thing except she has no conscious and her good angel went off along time ago.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
She is now responding to Jay Rayner’s retweeting of her.

She seems to be under the false impression that these boxes are meant to last 7 days and not 5.

She also has the brass neck to calorie count the meals when she presents her offerings in saucers.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

New thread!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.