Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s probably been mentioned but Jamie Oliver did an academy award winning series about looking at school dinners in 2005 where he worked alongside dinner ladies to try and see what the issues were around improving school dinners. I must have missed his howling and wailing and clawing at walls that he isn’t being interviewed and THAT WOMAN is getting up on his niche.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I've just watched sky news on the food hamper story.

It was a good piece. They interviewed a mum who got a sub standard hamper, a school caterer who provides decent hampers to highlight how bad the sub standard hampers are, and a head teacher who spoke about what schools are up against trying to ensure kids on FSM get food while at home.

Jack wasn't mentioned :cry:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
He held a meeting she howled on twitter for interviews of herself.

Insert Dr evil gif...
Riiiiggghht

• Haha
Reactions: 30
ex and h

Sorry I'm new but can I just say dinner ladies work in school kitchens & are required to qualify in NSQ Food Hygiene so no we wont just dollop luke warm off temp food poisoning dinners in a Tupperware for delivery at some point you utter belittling bleeping bellend Monroe

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
Sorry to jump on this post, and please correct me if I’m wrong anywhere.. So, I’ve seen Jack on Twitter here and there and I’m sure I also read somewhere that she comes from a well off family, private school etc. I’m not sure how accurate the information is, but how did she end up in the situation she did which got her famous? Aka being poor and making recipes from a small amount of money?
She ended up back on my Twitter feed via the chaos that the FSM hampers have caused (and very rightly so, I received one and it was just degrading. They handed me the contents in a BIN LINER).
Edit: in case anyone read this and wondered why they would need to use a huge bin liner, well there was simply NO reason at all because the contents in it were simply as follows. A loaf of bread, 3 yogurts, tin of tuna, 1 orange, 2 chunks of cheese the size of a matchbox, 1 packet of raisins and 2 baking potatoes. What on earth do I make with that?!..

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Welcome Djakm
Jack wrote “potatoes” about The Poverty. Apparently she had to stop working, her benefits were delayed and she didn’t admit she was struggling to her family or the co-parent of her child. This period seems to have lasted between 6-18 months depending on which version she is telling.
Since then it’s been one disaster after another, she just can’t catch a break.

Edit to add- sorry you were treated so badly. The FSM thing is a terrible problem which has hopefully had lots of attention and has been sorted out to provide decent food- no thanks to Jack.
Also check out the first page of this thread for the “Jack for dummies” and the “wiki”

• Heart
Reactions: 35
One of us
One of us
Am I being arrogant to think this person has been reading here because I remember making a similar post a few threads back with clapping emojis telling jack not everything is about her?

though I suppose I only did it as a joke BECAUSE it was already a well known meme that people on twitter overuse the clapping emojis for emphasis...so could be total coincidence.

(Obligatory: no, the squiggle isn't me disclaimer)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also needs to stop telling us to STAY ANGRY!

No fear, Jacky dear, we’re all fuming with your charlatan self.

Reactions: 23
It was actually 11:36am. Jack is almost exactly eleven hours behind this person. Could have retweeted this tweet but nah, she wants all the engagement and validation for herself. View attachment 386504
Whilst I am disgusted at the state of those food parcels tuna in a bag ffs!! At the same time it’s kind of comparing McDonald’s pound saver menu to a Michelin starred restaurant menu here with all the private school vs the FSM parcels.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thanks ! But seriously what a stupid suggestion . You could almost believe she has no clue about food poisoning. Clown

• Heart
Reactions: 27
ex and h

Sorry I'm new but can I just say dinner ladies work in school kitchens & are required to qualify in NSQ Food Hygiene so no we wont just dollop luke warm off temp food poisoning dinners in a Tupperware for delivery at some point you utter belittling bleeping bellend Monroe

Welcome! You'll fit in just perfectly here, FF!

(we think you're all great, by the way!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Welcome Djakm
Jack wrote “potatoes” about The Poverty. Apparently she had to stop working, her benefits were delayed and she didn’t admit she was struggling to her family or the co-parent of her child. This period seems to have lasted between 6-18 months depending on which version she is telling.
Since then it’s been one disaster after another, she just can’t catch a break.

Edit to add- sorry you were treated so badly. The FSM thing is a terrible problem which has hopefully had lots of attention and has been sorted out to provide decent food- no thanks to Jack.
Also check out the first page of this thread for the “Jack for dummies” and the “wiki”
To add to this, she comes from a very middle class background - family of landlords, dad high up in the fire service, grammar school, parents being foster carers and living in a detached 5 bedroom house - but likes to act like she's had to drag herself up from the gutter and claims to be working class (despite being a bestselling author, formerly being engaged to a millionaire, living in an oversized private rental in an expensive area, etc).

Her backstory changes slightly with each retelling and NOTHING adds up.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thank( space) you. Been lurking since June. Honestly shocked at what she gets away with :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.