Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the issue, that she seems to not be able to show people what to do, because despite LIVING IT for the past 8 years, she somehow still cannot make a simple bechamel (never mind spell it), and give her a packet of fish fingers and she'll make ....... a lasagne.
She strikes me as the type of person who’d complain about the school serving fish fingers because it’s “junk” while boasting about her fish finger lasagne as if she’s magically transformed them.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
What I want to know is when Jack will shake the tip jar, now that she has many more followers. She'll have to time it just right, but she sure as hell won't let the new audience go to waste... "No, thank you, really, I'm just a hapless little labrador pixie mama, I don't deserve anything for this, but it you want to support my website, here is my Patreon 🥰🥰🥰, hang on, I'll have to find the link, it has been so long since I checked."

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Sorry if it's been mentioned already but I've just seen a tweet calling Jack 'supremely qualified' (or something like that) to head up the FSM boxes to make them more nutritious

What makes her qualified? Other than her handful of GCSE's, she has no qualifications? She's not a nutritionist or trained chef.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I was really missing 24 hours of police custardy so I had a look on channel 4 and dead man's shoes is on it and I remember this was a film recommended by a frau so if you want to have time off Jack (Jack off?) the film is available for 11 more days
Sorry to quote myself but withnail is on it too

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The tiny bit of good news is that she hasn't gained any patreons, but I bet that tip jar is ker-ching-ing away in the background.

Reactions: 26
But what if one member of the catering team has COVID - the rest would have to self isolate. So there would be no one to cook food.

Whereas anyone (teachers, headteacher etc) can put a box of sandwich items together.
this happened at my son's secondary in November. They had to close catering for nearly two weeks and still managed to provide grab bags of sandwiches and snacks for those on FSM

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry if it's been mentioned already but I've just seen a tweet calling Jack 'supremely qualified' (or something like that) to head up the FSM boxes to make them more nutritious

What makes her qualified? Other than her handful of GCSE's, she has no qualifications? She's not a nutritionist or trained chef.
Skills, qualifications, experience, humility, all these things are for MUGS. Just get yourself a social media profile and act like a twit until half the media don't want to work with you, and the other half would only consider it because they haven't worked with you yet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I mean there actually really would be a very good niche right now for recipes using more tinned stuff since people don't want to go to the shops to be constantly buying fresh. But instead of recommending easy substitutions (kidney beans and lentils can replace mince in loads of stuff) she leans in too hard and you end up with rinsed baked beans, grated corned beef and tea chilli or whatever.

Reactions: 30
I’m not taking the piss out of her appearance, but she looks like Michael Myers in this picture ffs. I thought she liked makeup?
Eeek. She wasn’t joking when she said she had a faceful of makeup! She’s really glommed it on, yikes!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I was a kid on free school meals. I was a kid who stank because she didn’t have any clean clothes and had holes in her shoes. I was a kid who was eventually taken into care and stayed in various different foster homes.

I’m now a leftie lezzer who rents but I only have 1 tattoo and no Essex accent.

Jack you are a grade A bleep and you speak for nobody but yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 103
When she keeps repeating that she makes her living from other people’s poverty, how is the world not questioning her massive grift?

Why doesn’t any one see this as deeply suspect?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
First time on her thread, so hello! Admittedly i do not know much about Jack, but ive just been reading through here....
I might be wrong, but she reminds me of some of the people i went to uni with.... Clearly middle class but desperately trying to be working class. Her book collection made me laugh too, as if she has ever read the Tony Benn book!!
I think im going to enjoy reading all the tea on Jack.
Welcome friend. Buckle your seatbelt.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I was a kid on free school meals. I was a kid who stank because she didn’t have any clean clothes and had holes in her shoes. I was a kid who was eventually taken into care and stayed in various different foster homes.

I’m now a leftie lezzer who rents but I only have 1 tattoo and no Essex accent.

Jack you are a grade A bleep and you speak for nobody but yourself.
This is it..
She is thinking, 'This is it! This is it, at last, I'm going to breakthrough..' into whatever it is she thinks she is.
Journo/TV presenter/Chef.
All off the backs of REAL poor and REAL hungry children.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Are you familiar with her work?
😉

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.