Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what exactly is to be achieved by retweeting pictures of food boxes? and I'd quite like not to stay angry thankspaceyou
Exactly! On a grunka but...same applies to her rigid privacy protection of squigs and only communicating via DM... what advice could she give them, if any? How could a conversation look like!
squig: this is my box
JM: well, that is a rather crap box... I too lived in poverty once but now I am saving for a house
Squig: I am sorry you were poor, good luck with the house.
The End

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Well, the actual parent concerned was busy, MR was busy, everybody else was busy - she was just knocking around squawking 'I'M NOT BUSY! HELLO! I'M HERE! ME! ME!'. If there's nobody better around, I suppose they thought she'd have to do.

Distinct lack of her featuring on Channel 4, though. Strange, that.
Louisa is going to get it in the neck , either ChezShitty Bungalow or on the phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I cant wait until Thursday to see if she does THUNDERCLAP.

She cant say shes 'too busy' because otherwise that would mean she doesn't want to stand up for the NHS any more which would make her look a bit of a dick after all the fuss she kicked up.
If she’s done it as a scheduled tweet then it’ll post regardless of whether she remembered/is arsed or not and she’ll still look like the hero she truly thinks she is 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Good lord, check out the trout pout - it's rivalling the forgotten freezer fish 😂

___660-fedb9be61ec681678c396d66fbca6127.png

I gave her about 60 seconds before I had to close it. She's just a terrible interviewee, you can tell how scared she is, and her voice is just awful. I actually have no problem with what she said, bar her (almost certainly) wanging on about herself for a bit - those food parcels are a disgrace.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
Ye gods and little fishes. I've had a lengthy absence as I went to see my mum on Christmas Day and she started showing COVID symptoms (she works in a test centre) so I got stuck there for a fortnight with no laptop and no idea what password I chose for Tattle.

Everything that she's done in that time has been demented but this is truly low. Obviously every post has dissected the madness far better than I could. I posted about it on Twitter before but deleted it as - after my JISCMail rant about her - I don't want to look obsessed or unhinged in an already difficult postdoctoral job market.

Don't think Jack realises what a luxury it is to be consistently unprofessional on public social media and still earn loads of money and get bookings.

Just thought I'd add, as well, that the British equivalent of AAVE is BBE (Black British English). Jack's attempt to compel Marcus to give her attention by using it was quite something. I don't understand how she hasn't been cancelled yet.
Sadly (although not for her) Alexis Adjei isn't available at present, going by her IG.

Mind you, her Xmas collab with Waitrose looked rather lovely. No sad looking crud in a pan for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Been thinking about MR.

What he's done is really fantastic and the thing is he doesn't NEED to do it. He's incredibly wealthy, set for life, has recognition and along with that a high media profile. People pay attention to what he says.

It feels like he does this because he genuinely does care and wants to help - and I think people respond to that.
And he’s actually lived through it, not for a few months but for long periods of his childhood. He knows that aching hunger feeling and doesn’t want any other kid to feel that. He’s a credit to his mum and family.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
OT as on a grunka: I wonder if her blue tickers have ever given HER any money...or donated money for her causes (not sure if there were any projects she truly promoted, not counting the food bank additional copy of her book in).

Reactions: 22
Good lord, check out the trout pout - it's rivalling the forgotten freezer fish 😂

View attachment 385691

I gave her about 60 seconds before I had to close it. She's just a terrible interviewee, you can tell how scared she is, and her voice is just awful. I actually have no problem with what she said, bar her (almost certainly) wanging on about herself for a bit - those food parcels are a disgrace.
SO shakey... And no sodding sign of that estuary accent. She sounds like she's from Made in Chelsea 🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
it'll all come crashing down, Jack will do something to duck it up. She always does.

Meanwhile, Marcus Rashford still isn't even following her...
Watching the Rashford documentary it transpires that Rashford has a quite young, seemingly dynamic and switched on manager. One likes to imagine that she's smart and intuitive enough to see right through Monroe's tit, and likely (hopefully) advises him to steer well clear.

Reactions: 41
Watching the Rashford documentary it transpires that Rashford has a quite young, seemingly dynamic and switched on manager. One likes to imagine that she's smart and intuitive enough to see right through Monroe's tit, and likely (hopefully) advises him to steer well clear.
She’ll cling on like a leech.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Marcus doesn't owe Jack a thing. She's been a singularly ineffective campaigner for years- not a single achievement to her name. It's a shame he's had to deal with her at all. The squig can hardly blame him for protecting his campaign by keeping such an obvious liability at arm's length.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I see somebody is calling her out. 😊
Amazing how people started to listen when an unknown person started to tweet about it. If she had been working on this since summer we would have known about it as she can't keep any secrets can she?

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.