Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't worry everyone. Couple of weeks. Jack will be back to being desperados stuck at home and having lots of manic ideas that she simultaneously cocks up....

Reactions: 22
Roadside Mum, last thing tonight: "Woah, long day! but such progress, we're really gaining traction now -those kids will be getting what they deserve if it's the last thing I do! Early start tomorrow, back on it.."

Rashford, last thing before bed tonight: "bleeping knackered but we won! Top of the league!! - so much hope this food parcel thing is a bit clearer tomorrow though - really must get on it nice and early tomorrow before training.."

Monroe, last thing tonight: "bleeping look at ME! What a DAY! - 3 interviews, 2 on live tv! So that'll be what, 5k straight in the old back pocket!! And 15k new followers!! I can hear them now - Campaigner, tv star, master chef, they bleeping love me! tit, should probably update my bio.."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
One of my children went to a private school nursery and like duck do they get this sort of food petal. I'd like to add the only reason we sent him was because it was right next to my other child's school and it didn't have a nursery. We got nice food but it wasn't a la carte. The whole primary school had the same menu. Also these schools are fee paying which means you pay 1000s of you're sideboard buying money to send them there.

Reactions: 32
People with children at independent schools pay for the meals. And they usually pay significantly more, all up front, for it.
My daughter goes to a prep school (funded by grandparents, shes the only grandchild) and meals are included in the fees - breakfast and lunch plus two snacks and honestly her weekly menu makes me envious

ETA bc I know that sounds privileged- they also do a lot of fundraising for local causes, they put a lot of emphasis on teaching the kids to be really charitable and mindful of others

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh good she's trying to pick a fight with Annunziata again. :rolleyes: Cue another retweet of Potatoes in 3...2...1...
For anyone wondering Annunziata Rees-Mogg was an MEP who said something stupid about food poverty a while back. Jack is obsessed with this because she likes to hate individuals rather than bad policies or opinions. Anyway for some reason it's fine for Jack to promote the idea that two adults and one child can be well fed on £20 per week but it's on a par with genocide for Rees-Mogg to point out potatoes are cheap. Personally I think they're both idiotic positions to take. The whole thing prompted Jack to write an embarrassing self indulgent rant including a whole load of triggering stuff I'll gloss over here, the usual exaggerations and a bizarre boast about physically assaulting a member of her family because stupid opinions are beyond the pale but violence is acceptable. For some reason she expects people to admire this behaviour and take her opinions seriously.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Someone else tweeted those private school Chartwell meals this afternoon. Jack has nicked it and presented it as her work as usual. She’s so desperate for the likes and retweets.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
People with children at independent schools pay for the meals. And they usually pay significantly more, all up front, for it.
It's a particularly useless point isn't it? My gosh, when given a budget of 50 pounds per head the meal will look different to one at 1 pound a head.

<figures may not be accurate, for realistic meals at realistic prices, contact slopbot: your always slightly too liquidy friend>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
It was actually 11:36am. Jack is almost exactly eleven hours behind this person. Could have retweeted this tweet but nah, she wants all the engagement and validation for herself.
___473-b872499c55aa8690adff5b35749f4e62.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I dunno I think Jack needs to be a bit careful, shes getting a bit too hyped up with all this praise and the way she is manically tweeting is coming across like she thinks she is untouchable.

And with all these new followers her tweets and chaos will be seen by much more people, meaning she wont be able to get away with her deleting sprees like she does now

• Heart
Reactions: 50
She's going to smash through 5 figures of new Twitter followers today, isn't she? She's going to be even more unbearable for a bit.
Yes, absolutely x (total full stop panic now, whichever of Puddy or Brian I have offended -sorry)
Please send sheepos
The canal thanks you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It was actually 11:36am. Jack is almost exactly eleven hours behind this person. Could have retweeted this tweet but nah, she wants all the engagement and validation for herself. View attachment 386504
Private company offers better products for more money SHOCKER!. - sorry, am onboard with the whole parcel thing truly I am, it's outrageous but this is like the most obvious bleeping thing ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.