Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, in the style of Airplane x Jack, I picked the wrong day to be BUSY at work on video calls.
Spare a thought for my phone today. Twitter notifications from Jack, plus being tagged by some random American bloke for a podcast I haven't participated in.

I think it's all been said but there isn't a simple solution that fits all. It's an emotive issue, and I understand why she's getting attention. It's just not the right kind of attention and she's not focused on the actual issues. Just herself.

I'm a convert to C4 News as it appears to be a Jack free zone. Any Brexit tin can thieves like to weigh in here?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
but what is it, is there such a thing as video face tune? Does anyone know if this is a thing? _ if so, it puts her whole make-up bag story into perspective...
Yes, it's a thing. Em Clarkson has demonstrated it on her Instagram a few times.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Why does she always mention the MPs food and bar, does she want an invite? Boris give her one and shut her up. It may be 25 pound but it's a perk of their very difficult job. I bet if she got it she wouldnt moan. She's a greedy goblin after all.

MPs work long hours and now thanks to her have 100000000s of email to read and deal with Boris and pandemic. I think they can have a few Perks to the job they studied hard and worked hard to get.

They didn't get it by chatting up blue ticks on twitter and asking people to put their name into the press for attention.

I do wonder if ?MR has redirected all the media tit to her so she's BUSY and he and the people that matter can get on?!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
ok, so maybe like point these labour mps in the direction of where they can help, yeah? or is this just Not True?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Grunka...not getting less but more!!

Yes! And he does not need her for anything anyway. He has got his career and a whole team around him. He is not looking for work, he has got his heart in it and wants an outcome, not an ego show.
Apart from the many things that I found cringeworthy in the cooking session with him was that JM remarked that he did in a day what others (haha) have tried to do for years. Yes and no. He was in a position to get heard not because he sits on the sofa tweeting but because he trained for years in a field that is incredibly challenging and then took advantage of his fame to do something good. JM is not able to make that link either.
It is great that she can't use her lame excuses here (lesbian with tats) here because he was genuinely poor and is black.

I am a lesbian 🔺and while I can confirm that homophobia is still a thing, I can also say that some lesbians use this as an excuse for all sorts of things, they are constantly shouting about being discriminated against when sometimes it is their awful personality that is in the way.
My lovely lesbian friends are professionals and valued at work and especially in a field where people are needed , nearly nobody will turn you down if you are gay but have a high level of expertise to offer. Her non-binary and tats thing was actually quirky but...if you are difficult, and all you need is one look on her Twitter, not Tattle, then work will dry up like the radiator mushrooms. For someone who is like her, she lasted very long in a field with fierce competition.

I witnessed a case where a person in a certain field (not specifying) missed out on sponsoring and grants was forever going on about it. The person's reason for that was the being gay but although I do not have proof, I think it was linked to problematic behaviour and not about being gay. The person also used social media in a similar way. People want reliability and getting a job done, not constant drama.
OMG SO TRUE. I've got plenty of friends who get on with their lives, raise their families, and hold down demanding and high profile professional jobs. They aren't held back by discrimination - they are exceptionally good at what they do, being gay is who they are, but isn't a big deal for them professionally.

On the other hand, my (male) friend's wife, who is Jack without the public profile, has flirted with identifying as non-binary and/or saying she is gay/bi. She embroils herself in any drama going in the field she wants to work in, and much like Jack, makes spurious claims of being asked to work in an 'advisory' role. Despite being white, middle class and Oxbridge educated, she cannot hold down a job or even a volunteering role because her behaviour towards others is appalling.

Of course, this is always because people are discriminating against her because she's 'queer' and not because she's a chaotic waste of space. She also seems to associate being gay with being chaotic/an outsider. In a way, I want to introduce her to my grown up gay friends, who could actually model living a stable, normal life without being a duck up, but she'd learn nothing from the experience.

• Heart
Throughout all of this, has she ever mentioned SB being on FSM? Sounds like he would have been entitled to it, I'm surprised shes not shouting it from the rooftops

Also a side note but she said shes been "doing this for seven years and nothings changed"
Q1. Doing what exactly? Tweeting? Shouting into the void?
Q2. If it's been 7 years with no change maybe... you're not good at what you do. As she said, MR came along and in a short time has made incredible and commendable change. That must sting.

She tweets constantly about herself. Am I to believe that shes been in covert talks with the Gov and hasnt plastered that all over twitter? When she was on deaths door with covid we got selfies. Her instagram stories are practically a shrine to herself rn. But she hasnt ever mentioned that shes apparently a hush hush consultant

Why does she always mention the MPs food and bar, does she want an invite? Boris give her one and shut her up. It may be 25 pound but it's a perk of their very difficult job. I bet if she got it she wouldnt moan. She's a greedy goblin after all.

MPs work long hours and now thanks to her have 100000000s of email to read and deal with Boris and pandemic. I think they can have a few Perks to the job they studied hard and worked hard to get.

They didn't get it by chatting up blue ticks on twitter and asking people to put their name into the press for attention.
JM should try standing for election or something... Oh wait...

Many jobs have perks like subsidised meals etc, or say a cook/ltd company who can make purchases and claim them as expenses.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t remember seeing cinnamon Graham’s and shortbread in the £20 shop
Can someone please explain to me what ~this~ is? She uses it all the ~time~. Is it meant to be ~emphasising~ the ~word~ cos, if so, she ain’t ~using~ it correctly all the time. Anyone? ~Anyone~?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Can someone please explain to me what ~this~ is? She uses it all the ~time~. Is it meant to be ~emphasising~ the ~word~ cos, if so, she ain’t ~using~ it correctly all the time. Anyone? ~Anyone~?
It's a tilde symbol, and you'll be surprised to learn she isn't using it correctly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.