Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Checked in for the latest chaos and about to check out again. Does this mean Jack has now got her wish of going viral? Is publicly slating Marcus really the best idea?
Sorry if this has already been shared.
___797-f4091f98ce93a8e429fa258a42f999c3.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I can’t believe her trying to use African American slang to Marcus Rashford. Poor guy trying to do his best to help the children of the UK and this weirdo won’t leave him alone. I also am so bleeping sick of her saying things like “the caucasity”. White women going on about how bad white people and white men in particular are, are the bleeping worst. You’re white too, you idiots. Yes “whiteness” as a construct and the use/invention of race to make the modern capitalist world is a bad thing. BUT people are not good or bad because of their race. Even white people. If you can say white people are inherently bad because they are white you are implying that there are actual differences between races that can be measured by “goodness” and then that becomes measuring intelligence and so on. The same with people who say they love Jewish people because Ashkenazi people are supposedly more intelligent than others. So then who are the least intelligent and what does that mean and how is that measured?
I’m sorry for ranting but I bleeping hate people going on about how much white people suck. Not because of “racism against white people” but because it legitimises racist arguments that there are inherent differences (moral and intellectual) between races.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
So much to catch up this morning!

@Itchy of Itchington - thanks for all you are doing. In schools this year everything is a compromise. I feel like someone will criticise anything the governors/ headteachers/ teachers try. I honestly think that everyone is doing their best in a very very challenging situation.

@eapsmum - sorry to hear that the food box is rubbish. If you feel comfortable tell us what is in it and we will suggest something based on what your 13 year old likes. My kids are a similar age and I know how much they eat!

In my head Jack is always dressed at Mary Poppins with dirty hands now, unless she holds up a copy of a daily newspaper proving otherwise.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Checked in for the latest chaos and about to check out again. Does this mean Jack has now got her wish of going viral? Is publicly slating Marcus really the best idea?
Sorry if this has already been shared. View attachment 384828

Celebrity chef in quotations but no hint of irony when saying jack deals with ALL the issues. The only issues jack should deal with right now is her lack of self awareness

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
@Cactus said:
“First we feed the people “
Who’s we? She sees herself as some kind of Messiah. Tit
I know it's been 84 years since Jack's Poppins phase, but ...

Feed the Herd/Tuppence a Bag

@Lanie said:
All jokes aside I do feel a smidge bad for her. I mean imagine, a topic comes up she tweets about, some other blue ticks get involved and get more interest than her despite her saying pick me to front it.

After all this time she still has to work as hard as she claims to be noticed. I mean all the others did was tweet it she'd had to to the whole shebang.

I feel sorry for her. There I've said it.
I hear this, and her frustration is definitely on full display. But that's part of the problem, I think. Less manic flitting hither and yon in a bid for attention! any kind! & dopamine! for any reason! and more knuckled-down focus on steadily, gently etc etc making a name for herself in *one specific area of focus*, and things could be quite different.

Also, to a certain extent, it's just the way things are - some voices get elevated, while others, even excellent ones, can remain on the fringe. There are just so many factors beyond our control. I say 'our' because I'm drawing analogies with my own situation - as a writer, an excellent one, I think. I do quietly well, but have to work super hard for traction in any public sense and despite being in the industry for some 15 years [🔺], if I don't keep producing quality work - a book each year or so - and doing the hard, hard promotional yards, which is totally antithetical to my introverted personality, and being pleasant and prompt and professional at all times, which is totally antithetical to my natural impulse towards procrastination and chaos (which has a lot more in common with what I see in our Jack than I really care to admit) ... if I don't keep doing all these difficult, necessary things, what profile and career I have would disappear very quickly.

Meanwhile, new voices burst onto the scene all the time and make a huge, immediate splash, for all kinds of reasons - maybe they brought an existing platform from another field; maybe they've harnessed the zeitgeist in some ineffable way; maybe they have connections I don't. Despite this wall of text I've just blurted, I can't and don't waste any mental energy thinking about that, or cosplaying for attention. I just crack on with the work because that's why I'm here and I'm dead lucky I get to do this in the first place.

[Also I have to work really hard on writing shorter sentences with fewer clauses but hey. One thing at a time, right?]

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
With the Marcus Rashford thing, I got the feeling she tried to do the over-familiar failed "banter" thing she does, tried to speak in silly slang because in her head this is two great friends talking... then subconsciously went with AAVE.

And now she just seems bossy and racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Yeah...up until 3am putting the squiggles right. This is literally her whole life’s work.

Also- her busy afternoon, lest we forget
___812-0223275a121b51ba252f6dd563881499.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
I really think something has happened with one of her collaborations. She was whining about people contacting her brands before tonight too and seems quite worked up of late. Perhaps her agent has read her the riot act - it can't be much fun having to deal with such a liability.
Whilst of course at the same time having to set filters on her email because she’s deluged with unsuitable companies wanting to collaborate with her.

There’s literally always an inconsistency

• Haha
Reactions: 41
With the Marcus Rashford thing, I got the feeling she tried to do the over-familiar failed "banter" thing she does, tried to speak in silly slang because in her head this is two great friends talking... then subconsciously went with AAVE.

Yes I got that feeling too. Plus trying to demonstrate to others what familiar terms they're on, by how casual she can be with him. And then she goes and speaks to him like that 😑. Says something there about her subconscious.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
The Mary Poppins thing is extra extra crazy. It's something nobody could have predicted and is 100% bonkers. No 10 year old wants to come home and find their mum in a weird costume. He starts secondary school this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
___829-3feb51a3dd8ad867010bddc83c62a6e1.jpg
___830-1d42bed1418fabef1e1d33611bb93054.jpg

Squiggled the company because unlike Jack and the squiggles I don’t want to get sued. A business?Being run like a business? She’s veeery close to accusations she can’t back up or get a free lawyer for.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Her tweet to Marcus Rashford was extremely gauche.
‘FYI Marcus you might wanna tell them to get your name outta their mouth cos this ain’t it.’

Just so ... awful. I cringe, I cringe, I cringe.
Badly done, Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 113
Holy crap - I feel like I need a gif of people in an old movie having a post coital cigarette after that Grunka!

Way too much to unpack, so I'm going to softly, gently do the washing up until I've processed it all

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
So JM has been working behind the scenes on this for ages but has only started this chaos tweeting once blue tickers have picked up on it independently of her? Ok...

Reactions: 62

Agreed more like a cringy aunt trying to talk to a teenager than racist for me. But I do understand how people would take it that way. As a public figure you have to double think every word you tweet

I grudgingly called jack a public figure off for a shower now 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She’ll be needing a Dino nap at some point but will be too scared to take her eyes off Twitter in case important stuff happens which she will have no input in.

She’s not an Activist , she’s an irritating coat tail swinger.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The fact she has these blue tickers (Ayesha and that ST writer) up her arse about how she should represent the poorsTM shows there’s a very clear media bias against actual poor & working class people. It’s okay for their stories to be filtered through the acceptable middle class / “bootstrapped” her way out of poor Jack Monroe, it’s not okay to talk to people currently in that situation / who will likely be in that situation for a very long time. Their stories don’t get told because it’s uncomfortable and unpalatable and guilt wrenching. Jack doesn’t get commissioned cos the quality of her work doesn’t match her rates so outside of any political agenda (eg the Express flaunting their good poor) she won’t get booked. That’s that.

Choosing to speak like this only once & directed to a black man is utterly disgusting & embarrassing. Hopefully people from his camp are aware and that safeguards him from any future contact with the beast.

___839-31b07c48557bbc2fca8d29696d069478.jpg

Thick Essex accent? I’m sorry you sound like Alan Partridge but I don’t think that’s why you’re not getting booked. Again she’s got such a narrow world view - tbh I’d say anyone southern has a huge comparative advantage over anyone north of the M25 re: media acceptance. She’s talking about a long gone time in the 80s when all you’d hear is RP. Conscious of making this long but my northern husband has always been conscious of his voice because people are vile about it. He turns down nearly all podcasts / radio cos it’s not worth the insecurity inducing/exacerbating flack, recently had some knob compare him to a tv show character who isn’t even northern is just dumb (for lack of a better word? Silly dumb? It’s a comedy character) - that’s the tit northern ppl put up with. We’ve all worked in places or gone to uni where people make a big deal about NORTHERN regional accepts, ppl actually try to acquire London adjacent as a #rebranding exercise! Also a Christian country? Looooo maybe if you’re thinking of the 70s? Just because your five bed was on a white and Christian road doesn’t mean the rest of the country is soz hun

She should have been fully cancelled when she said the vile tit about Ivan Cameron but sadly she’s still here being an absolutely vile witch x

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.