Jack Monroe #13 Saint Monroe, patron of all tinned and canned goods provider of the great

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rinse rinse rinse your beans
Rinse them til they gleam
Marily Berrily we will be verily
Glued to the latrine

• Haha
Reactions: 47
That clip from This Morning is brutal, they a) can barely remember Jack b) what they do remember is completely disparaging.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I would love to know why she doesn’t encourage people to use dried haricot beans. Cheaper and yes they need soaking overnight but after that only 10 minutes on the stove.

Rinsed beans in a hurry, yes ok, but if you are in a situation where money is tight then meal planning is super helpful. And if it’s so last minute then just have the baked beans on toast?!

All she can offer are gimmicks — a little bit of meal planning and prep to genuinely help people is too boring for her.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 32

I find the cringe the hardest to read. Also I love how in one sentence she tries to be like oh no flipping burgers is a legit job~ and then refers to other jobs as “bigger”.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
WTF. I mean no disrespect by this Jack, but 13 years of dance training was a waste of money. That was not dance. That was not relaxed. That was like someone on a come down in club post peak about to fall on the floor in a heap.
just watched it, wish I hadnt, still cringing

• Haha
Reactions: 13
WTF. I mean no disrespect by this Jack, but 13 years of dance training was a waste of money. That was not dance. That was not relaxed. That was like someone on a come down in club post peak about to fall on the floor in a heap.
She’s so angling to get on strictly.. also mentioning people WhatsApp her partner about her antics on twitter.. Jesus I’d be mortified if friends/colleagues were whatsapping my partner about being embarrassing on twitter

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Same, imagine your behaviour being so cringe that others felt the need to offer their sympathies to your other half

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

I find the cringe the hardest to read. Also I love how in one sentence she tries to be like oh no flipping burgers is a legit job~ and then refers to other jobs as “bigger”.
Imagine q10 years later holding on to this bitterness... also http would she have a teacher’s address?

• Haha
Reactions: 18

I would love to know why she doesn’t encourage people to use dried haricot beans. Cheaper and yes they need soaking overnight but after that only 10 minutes on the stove.

Rinsed beans in a hurry, yes ok, but if you are in a situation where money is tight then meal planning is super helpful. And if it’s so last minute then just have the baked beans on toast?!

All she can offer are gimmicks, a little bit of meal planning and prep to genuinely help people is too boring for her.
I agree with dried. I am also growing fresh Haricot in the garden, to eat and then dry.

Reactions: 10
Also I love how in one sentence she tries to be like oh no flipping burgers is a legit job~ and then refers to other jobs as “bigger”.
How she manages to uphold and reinforce all sorts of stereotypes (gender, income, class, property ownership v renting, jobs, ‘fancy’ food etc) while disparaging them at the same time is extraordinary.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
God, it's not classy is it? I once took the piss out of my physics teacher who told me I was going to get tit results in my science GCSEs, when I went back to school for A-levels with my A* results. However, I was 16 at the time, and you know, contained the normal level of dickishness present in a 16 year old. I grew out of it sharpish when I started living in the real world.

Reactions: 23
I forgot to mention, she infiltrated my dreams last night. I dreamt I read a magazine about her going off on a twitter tangent and accusing someone of making up there ED, which made the persons ED worse. I mean it's not too far from the realms of reality.
Should add, since lockdown I've not been sleeping well at all. So when I do hit dream stage, which is rare, they are a bit odd.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.