Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here are some calculations for you.

Running a slowcooker for 4 hours - 11p (according to npower)
Buying organic veg so you can actually use the peelings to keep the stock 'chemical -free' - 89% more expensive than non-organic veg
Large silicone bag - £10 (amazon)
Slow cooker - £15 (argos)
Ice cube tray - 50p (wilko)

1610287592265.png

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Wonder if she got it in the sale.

£80 on a toaster whilst begging for furlough money is absolutely not on.
Cue "It was a present/I found it in a charity shop/I won it in a charity raffle/a genie gave it to me/I bought it in the two-week window I was doing OK financially and it isn't a crime to splurge on something practical when you have a bit of money spare, thankYOU."

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I mean, she even has the non-existent toaster on full view!

Pathological! (I’m not a doctor, M’lud, just guessing)

Man, she’s doing it again - she’s trolling us. She knows we know that she said that she didn’t have a toaster and now suddenly she does, ergo, she bought one. Now she’s setting us up by very deliberately posting photos of it online . She’s bleeping with us.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Cue "It was a present/I found it in a charity shop/I won it in a charity raffle/a genie gave it to me/I bought it in the two-week window I was doing OK financially and it isn't a crime to splurge on something practical when you have a bit of money spare, thankYOU."
Ha! Yes, the Jack Greatest Hits.

But why lie about not having a toaster in the first place, then post a photo with a toaster in the corner and then a second one placing a toaster centre stage?

She’s like a serial killer returning to the scene of the crime. So so weird.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I mean, she even has the non-existent toaster on full view!

Pathological! (I’m not a doctor, M’lud, just guessing)

Are they her subscription roses from Arena flowers? They are on their last legs, must be due another delivery. Mind you sticking them next to a heat source toaster that she doesn't have wont help. Same goes for the plant on the cooker hood above the hob. No wonder she can't keep plants alive, she dries them out by keeping them above an open flame!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Here are some calculations for you.

Running a slowcooker for 4 hours - 11p (according to npower)
Buying organic veg so you can actually use the peelings to keep the stock 'chemical -free' - 89% more expensive than non-organic veg
Large silicone bag - £10 (amazon)
Slow cooker - £15 (argos)
Ice cube tray - 50p (wilko)
@Harrybosch - we need to talk more about #icecubepoverty. What about us people who rent?! FFS we cannot afford 50p on an ice cube tray! We have have to resort to buying pre made ice which is MORE EXPENSIVE.

P.S. I RENT.
P.P.S And no I don't own a can opener either.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
It’s a horrible collection of tat.

put your apron in the wash if it is dirty,keep the clean ones folded up. Don’t have a rack of greasy old aprons.
How many aprons can she use at any one time? Keep one hanging up, if she must, but put the clean ones away and the dirty ones in the wash.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

New thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.