Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Zero food waste Jack is so pointless. Next thing she will be making SB eat the core of an apple so it’s not “wasted” ffs

🔺 me the council has food waste bins they recycle our scraps

Thought she had a compost pallet bin or something

What's she gonna put in that brand new Christmas Compost bin if she's eating all the scraps? Weird thing to get if you're moving too.

Reactions: 39
I'm going to miss crappy Bungalow,the hose eating fox and brambly mice. Still nothing lasts forever and I'm sure the new penultimate forever home will be rich source of drama. The move itself should be pretty exciting. Does Jack use a removal firm or will she just carry all her belongings on her smol but strong ickle pixie back?
What was up with the brambly mice? It happened before I started lurking on this thread but I've seen it referenced a lot

Also re: removals - shes a pescatarian bodybuilder, dontcha know, she'll be carring a sideboard under each arm

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
https://cookingonabootstrap.com/tag/vegetable-stock/

Most of these recipes use a stock cube. Why wouldn't she be using her veg stock that she's used for 10 YEARS??
This was my first thought too. She's spent YEARS banging on about stock cubes. Cheap stock cubes, stock cubes crushed to powder, stock cubes in recipes where they really don't belong...she thinks those gel stock pots are fancy FFS! Now she's secretly been slow cooking her own onion skin stock for 10 years?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Does she mention using this bin dodging stock much in the past?
One of her unique USPs is to rigorously avoid seasoning and flavour as a matter of policy (too fancy for povs).
Apologies to smol Jack if I have got this entirely wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
What was up with the brambly mice? It happened before I started lurking on this thread but I've seen it referenced a lot

Also re: removals - shes a pescatarian bodybuilder, dontcha know, she'll be carring a sideboard under each arm

when cooper's nose looked sunburned in the summer, she blamed it on a family of mice who lived in the brambles beating him up.

it seems they've moved out now

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Why does that abomination appear to be arranged on a cut off leg of corduroy traazers?
Corduroy traazers?
PSX_20210110_121807.jpg

I've boaked four times already this morning:
That oily carrot dish
The cutlery draw
The freezer veg peelings
Allegra's toot filled kitchen
And now the above picture
#arseondrainingboard

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Louder for the Jack up the back: you can't eat anything like kings on £20 a week.
Stop talking dangerous, disingenuous old cobblers.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Christ, what an absolute hole, sharing his books with teachers and kids.

Jack, set your Squiggle Army on him immediately.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
Those exact words just left my mouth.

“Like Sundays are supposed to be”?

With over 1000 people dying each day?
With 1/3 of the NHS workforce off ill?
With Y11 and Y13 now being told that they are going to have to sit mini exams set by the boards but marked by teachers?

I am glad you are having a lovely, gentle, slow Sunday Jack. The rest of the U.K. probably aren’t.
She only cares about these things on Thunderclaptrap Thursdays. She founded a hashtag, doncha know. For engagement.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So, she dug all those peelings out of her freezer, arranged them on one of her wrapping paper backgrounds and then took a picture of them? Right.....

I presume she chucked them in the bin afterwards, or did she gather them all back up lovingly, softly, mindfully and put them back in the freezer where they will stay forever more

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.