Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a theory that Jack steals stories from people she knows and attributes them to her life. We have a family friend that does this. Well, she's the wife of a family friend. She is an illness collector/munchie and just lies about everything and anything.

We once told her a story about when my uncle met Michael Jackson in the 80s and I tit you not about 2 years later she told this same story back to us but said it was her and her sister! We were all speechless that she just hit out with it so candidly.

I believe Jack may do the same thing, she will be told a story and then change bits to suit her so she always has a quirky, interesting story to tell or a justification for her actions.
Sorry mad grunkaing but I had a teacher at school who did this. They stole a story from a James Herriot book and retold it as if it happened to them. It was such a shock for me as a teenager to realise that teachers told stories too (I was a very law abiding teen). I had forgotten about it completely til I read this.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Everything that comes out of her mouth makes her sound like a ridiculous middle class teenager.
Maybe she doesn’t realise that because she didn’t go to sixth form.

I work in schools. I’ve been in a school where there was a knife in a locker. Many many staff were involved in it being removed and statements.

I’m almost sure by the time she was at school a knife would have to be locked away and counted in and out.

And no, you aren’t expelled and then get to sit the bleeping exams in that bleeping school. I know a child who was expelled GCSE year in a school I was in, so he never got to sit them! They are no longer on roll. Her bullshit stinks.

And no teenagers are not going to be impressed by her long amazing stories of ‘life in da hood’ and rinsing beans and decide to turn their life around. They would rip her to pieces.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Unbelievable. She's plumbed new depths of degeneracy for me with this school expulsion invention and her casual mention of self harm as her issue du jour. I'm not even going to go into it, I can feel my brain liquefying trying to contemplate it all.

The only reason she's invented this teaching-as-a-back-up-plan is because of her sudden obsession with key workers. Re-reading that tweet, have we fully appreciated her claim about doing a lot of work with PRUs on the quiet? Sorry, what the actual duck? Doing what, showing the dangers of becoming a dangerously self-obsessed social media pillock?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
On reading that Jack and Allegra article I see that Allegra was expelled from school.... 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
She boasts about such weird things! So far today sandwich eating and age 10 singing.

ps Yes 2 week PGCE Primary Placement omg! It was in the last millennium and I still remember all the trips to the loo.

pps Lessons with people in various countries 0/10. We’re blended at the moment but I have been teaching kids in various time zones live with my actual students in the room- I’ve had kids in Wales, Spain and India logging in at weird hours for them.

Reactions: 28
Unbelievable. She's plumbed new depths of degeneracy for me with this school expulsion invention and her casual mention of self harm as her issue du jour. I'm not even going to go into it, I can feel my brain liquefying trying to contemplate it all.

The only reason she's invented this teaching-as-a-back-up-plan is because of her sudden obsession with key workers. Re-reading that tweet, have we fully appreciated her claim about doing a lot of work with PRUs on the quiet? Sorry, what the actual duck? Doing what, showing the dangers of becoming a dangerously self-obsessed social media pillock?
It’s something I really hope she’s lying about.
The oracle has given a very reassuring answer....

06AD5FAA-323C-42F5-B49D-74DD4F6BC5BF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I wonder if she was expelled before or after she was diagnosed as gifted

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Her back up plan THEN was to go work at a supermarket till but NOW it's a teacher! duck off Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Why is she stuck in secondary school? I'm a few years older than her and was suspended GCSE year for something absolutely hilarious but sadly too identifiable to mention, and it took ages from them going 'we are going to suspend you' to 'off you duck', no way could I have avoided my parents knowing and that was for a couple days suspension, never mind expulsion.

And now I'm wondering why I'm thinking so hard about something that didn't happen

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I love psychic slopbot. Her facial expression fits with the answers she gives. A bit smug and a tiny bit stroppy like a teen but generally right and likeable.
I love her! In my head/avatar she’s quietly thinking “did ye, aye?” Or mouthing “yer talkin’ shite, hen”
I’m not sure why she’s Scottish

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.