Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love your receipts ❤

Are scalpels even common in schools in your experience?

I did biology through to A Level and never saw one, our coursework was on potatoes and osmosis! The closest we got to organs was a teacher inflating a pair of lungs with a straw. She got them from the butchers (we asked / were horrified) so a potential new recipe for Jack
I went to a proper rough school. So rough that we weren’t trusted with anything like scalpels or Bunsen burners, and trips were frequently banned because behaviour was just off the scale and students couldn’t be trusted outdoors en masse. It was like a big prison. Won’t go into it much more as 📐 but it was a famously bad school while I was there. Big investigations, parents being hauled in, loads of hurdles and paperwork for suspensions and exclusion was common practice.

I don’t believe for one minute that fancy shmancy Westcliff High School for Girls (she’s said it) would have circumvented a tit ton of policy, and invited the wrath of parents who are pillars of the community and would have had the education and wherewithal to pursue any kind of case against them. There is no way on earth a child gets excluded with not so much as a conversation with parents. Carry on with your bullshit, Jack!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
With this, she has actually excelled herself. Because the rules around expelling someone from school and removing a President in a democratic country are roughly equivalent, right?

Amazing amazing amazing how much of the world she can only see through the prism of Jack Bloody Monroe.

Edit: and “you all”? Are you cosplaying being a Southern Belle, in addition to being Irish/Greek Cypriot/or even actually poor? Get to absolute duck, you grifting great bellend.
Yes Jack, of course you were expelled.

Reactions: 29
I did that potato nonsense too...nothing inspires a lifelong love of science like weighing slivers of raw potato before and after soaking in sugar water 🙄We had our lung inflation cancelled for Foot and Mouth though.

Actually there was once an Incident where a girl ate a bit of copper sulfate thinking it was M&M shell and had to be rushed to hospital. After that I think they cancelled a lot of practical science classes. Schools take this tit seriously (apart from Jack's).

ETA: just read Marmalade's screenshot collection. Who the hell is still so bitter about their schooldays in their 30s? Christ, move on!
Omg yes we did the same experiment! We had some sort of chip making device to cut our potatoes evenly but no one had the strength to use it so we had to use these metal cylinder type things like a corer?

Do you remember them burning magnesium and we had to cover our eyes and look through slivers between our fingers? Not sure why they needed to show us a potentially blinding metal burn? A girl picked up a heated crucible with her fingers and passed out, how dumb do you have to be....

I’m sure Jack will become a #survivor for all of the above soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I am *miles* behind 😩 so apologies if this has already been picked up, but did I dream that Jack found some blue plastic in a McCartney banger ages ago? Maybe the collab is them making amends! Funny way to go about it...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
A now deleted tweet. Ffs does she have to make every single political situation or current events about her?!
What actually happened. Jack at dinner party with Allegra, starts showing off. Confidentially states her intention to write a political piece that will need a huge amount of contextual historical and political knowledge.

Making polite small talk, a guest - who doesn't know Jack's origins story -says. Is that what you studied at university.

Followed by an embarrassing silence..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I know I mentioned before that it is legal to carry certain knives in the UK, Swiss Army types fall into that. But it becomes illegal as soon as you're carrying that knife with the intention of it being a self defence weapon. Which is what she's publicly stated in that article. She's an idiot.
I work in horticulture (🔺️) and me and most of my colleagues carry secateurs or small pocket knives because we sometimes need to trim plants. A couple of times I've been on the train home and thought "gosh what's that in my pocket?" and then realised it's a pocket knife that i forgot to leave at work and immediately felt like a criminal. I certainly don't announce it in the newspaper for clout
(edited to remove earlier posts I forgot were still there)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m a bit older than her and am quite embarrassed at all the annoying and tedious ‘rebellious’ and ‘naughty’ stuff I did in year 10 and 11. Smoking and sneaking out and bunking off and arguing with teachers because I was definitely having my human rights abused by being told to wear a tie and flat shoes and all that nonsense that 15 year olds go in for. Imagine bragging about it now. I just feel quite guilty for what I put my parents through and think about how annoying I must have been to my head of year.
I feel the same as you. I wish I had buckled down and done some work. I perhaps wouldn't have taken until I was mid 30's to finish my degree. Instead of wearing my youthful bolshiness as a badge of honour, I see it for what it was, a teenage phase, a reaction to authority. A bit rebellious, walking out of a class because the teacher didn't speak to me with respect, that sort of stuff.

I am actually not embarrassed by my actions then (Green hair, jewellery, kohl eye liner, you get the picture), but I would be if I had carried on into my 30's with the same attitude.

ETA.. I am a lot older than her, more than twice her age, so if she thinks she was a pioneer in the bolshie Gay pupil stakes, she doesn't come near.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I know this is American based but bare with me. If she wants something to look at regarding extreme right wing etc she should take at the film American history X. I watched it years ago and watched last night as my other half hadn't seen it.

I think it's show extremism very well as it covers how some people get that way by being hurt and use it against those people, that off the cuff views of parents thrown around the dinner table and make children think differently about things which can lead to extreme views later on. The social divide, people who use their influence of extreme views on vulnerable people, peer pressure of people that you want to be friends with or have been friends with and don't want to be excluded from.

I was reading up on it this morning and there was actually a piece I read linking it to trump's America, it was an interesting read.

Back on topic. I wish she stop trying to be a saviour and just stick to what she knows best. Making questionable baby food.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just did a little Google to see if Jack had mentioned being expelled before and found this article where she admits she carries a knife when jogging
From that article, she's mad, totally mad:

"I did write the Camerons a personal apology letter. It took me three days to write, because I wanted to get it right. I never received any acknowledgement. I never meant to cause them any upset.”

Yea, like they're reading the letter thinking "okay, she's slaughtered us and insulted our dead child for likes and engagement but, hey-ho, she said sorry so how about we draft a long letter to relieve her of her guilt and shame.." It's the arrogance, it's eternally fascinating.

And just a minor side note, but am calling bullshit on this. Sounds like a Monroe fabrication:

Monroe taught herself, (how to cook) once walking around the supermarket with a Loyd Grossman Thai green curry jar in her hand, buying the ingredients listed on the back.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Does anyone else think she deliberately makes up and spews out the most ridiculous tit, intertwined with the tiniest kernels of truth, then sits back and thinks, ‘Have at it’ ...?

And logs onto Tattle.
I've thought this a number of times @Pocahontas

It's like someone said earlier, she's such a narc she loves being talked about whether positive or negative.

HEY JACK YOU'RE A MASSIVE bleep

(Is that what you wanted? Must have been. Well enjoy pet)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
What actually happened. Jack at dinner party with Allegra, starts showing off. Confidentially states her intention to write a political piece that will need a huge amount of contextual historical and political knowledge.

Making polite small talk, a guest - who doesn't know Jack's origins story -says. Is that what you studied at university.

Followed by an embarrassing silence..
I suspect you're probably right. How poor Allegra got through that relationship without dying of embarrassment is beyond me. Jack is the oddest combination of a massive out of control ego and pitifully low self esteem.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
duck off, duck off, duck off.

Not everything is a sign of autism, she doesn't even have an autistic brain.

I'm autistic and have never pondered when afternoon ends, even if I had it wouldn't be because I am autistic.

Of all the bullshit she spouts the autism stuff annoys me the most. Us autistic women have to fight to be supported and not be stereotyped and this type of rubbish just makes it harder.

Teenager messing around with a knife in school is grounds for immediate suspension, not something to boast about on Twitter, that is if it even happened since I'm sure schools have any scalpels safely locked away. I could also see carrying a knife being reported to the police.

Of course, chances are it never have happened otherwise it would have been mentioned before.
I work in a school science department. Not only did she steal something, she stole a knife!

We keep our locked away until they are needed for a lesson, they are counted out and in by the teacher.

We did have an attempted theft a few years ago now, the class was locked down, the head came and we started to search bags (as the culprit wouldn't own up), this pupil then magically found it in a sink near where they were sitting, let's just say myself and the teacher had already checked there a few times.

We take this incredibly seriously. She would have been suspended and her parents called, she and her parents would have then gone in front of the governing body when they had chance to convene an urgent meeting, she would then have been formally permanently excluded and the council informed so they could make alternative provision for her.

Or, more likely it just didn't happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
From that article, she's mad, totally mad:

"I did write the Camerons a personal apology letter. It took me three days to write, because I wanted to get it right. I never received any acknowledgement. I never meant to cause them any upset.”

Yea, like they're reading the letter thinking "okay, she's slaughtered us and insulted our dead child for likes and engagement but, hey-ho, she said sorry so how about we draft a long letter to relieve her of her guilt and shame.." It's the arrogance, it's eternally fascinating.

And just a minor side note, but am calling bullshit on this. Sounds like a Monroe fabrication:

Monroe taught herself, (how to cook) once walking around the supermarket with a Loyd Grossman Thai green curry jar in her hand, buying the ingredients listed on the back.
This isn’t jabbing at either Jack or Allegra’s appearances at all, but I’m always so taken aback by that picture and how it looks more like mother and daughter than a couple to me. I don’t think it’s even just the age difference either. So weird.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Does anyone else think she deliberately makes up and spews out the most ridiculous tit, intertwined with the tiniest kernels of truth, then sits back and thinks, ‘Have at it’ ...?

And logs onto Tattle.
You mean, she's bleeping with us? - interesting, can almost see her doing this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
You mean, she's bleeping with us? - interesting, can almost see her doing this.
bleeping with us, sure ... basically chucking in a weird stream of rubbish that she knows will set the threads on fire. Almost like a messed up little gift - and she’ll love reading our theories about what she’s said - cos it’s all about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I've wondered if it isn't a slightly disturbing symbiotic relationship really. We are feeding off her for comedy material/receipts and she's feeding off us for any attention at all.

😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.