Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How arrogant is her tweet about setting up an autoreply? She wants people who have paid for goods to stop bothering her and she wants people who are prepared to give her work to resend their email with a new title. Wtf?! Basically do my work for me - how professional. Jack, come up with your own email triage/filter/ prioritization system - if you are such a speed reader it should be easy to triage emails. And having a proper email system is probably a better approach than printing bloody everything off and putting it in lever arch files
Yet she herself asked an entire nation to email their MPs. Nice very nice. These people did not ask to be contacted and never to this scale. If her inbox is on fire it's because people need to contact her. No one is encouraging people to talk to her. She's a real twit at times, honestly.

Reactions: 28
"Comrade" 😂

Ah right, I forgot that making up a dumb hashtag and tweeting about it five million times was the same as leading the communist revolution. Just call her Jack Monlenin 🥴

One day it’s “comrade” and the other it’s “the Army&theQueen🌹🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 48
How arrogant is her tweet about setting up an autoreply? She wants people who have paid for goods to stop bothering her and she wants people who are prepared to give her work to resend their email with a new title. Wtf?! Basically do my work for me - how professional. Jack, come up with your own email triage/filter/ prioritization system - if you are such a speed reader it should be easy to triage emails. And having a proper email system is probably a better approach than printing bloody everything off and putting it in lever arch files
And yet her agent had to contact her via twitter

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Yet she herself asked an entire nation to email their MPs. Nice very nice. These people did not ask to be contacted and never to this scale. If her inbox is on fire it's because people need to contact her. No one is encouraging people to talk to her. She's a real twit at times, honestly.
But it is their job and many of those in our current government are a bit tit.

Reactions: 12
I had a panicked thought the other day that she’ll probably be a guest on Desert Island Discs before long ☹
She'll struggle to pick eight songs. She could only narrow down her favourite Counting Crows song to the top 29.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Regardless of what their job is or how good they are at their job the do not need thousands of people emailing and tweeting them to all hours. These people have families and lives. They should not be hounded to this scale. It's not fair.

Nobodies likes to be contacted for work outside working hours yet these MPs were and in droves.

I don't like any politicans in the current parliament but no one needs this level of directed "harassment" especially when they haven't done anything to cause it. For all in tense purposes they were minding their own and she got a maverick idea.

Reactions: 14
Congratulations @Ladderedtights - oooh those little feet :love:

Just waiting for GMB or BBC Breakfast to try and get her on air to discuss her amazing achievement of getting a hashtag trending from the comfort and safety of her crappy bungalow whilst Doctors and Nurses sit with their thumbs up their arses in ICU doing literally zip to acknowledge her flat out commitment to end the pandemic one index finger at a time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Harassment in the workplace should never be condoned. No matter how tit people are at their job.

We all know how Jack feels about harassment #bekind

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It's not even under the guise of going after the Tories as it was your local MPs. Some areas have labour, green and other MPs. So these people who want to help the NHS were being targeted with emails and even if everyone wrote a very softly softly message to them it's still stressful hearing your phone or laptop go off to that level or open your email to 1000000000s of messages all saying the same thing. These people are very very busy dealing with the pandemic at present and they are already stressed. The frontline staff all need payrises as they have kept the country going but I standby saying this is not the way to go about asking for it?!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Meh. They'll have the respond and delete set up, plus the hashtag muted on their Twitter accounts.

I'd far rather they had the time and space to deal with actual constituents' problems than this attention seeking spam.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Howling at her scrabbling around to quickly lay claim as the founder of a hashtag in her bio.

Also everything I read #thunderclapforcarers I start humming the Thundercats theme tune, so I hope this campaign runs out of steam as fast as everything else she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.