Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, but she must be taking it out of the company account and stuffing it into her personal one. Otherwise it'll show on the company balance sheet and she can't use it, is my understanding.

Or has her time with the west London elite hooked her up with some fancy tax avoidance contacts? I'm not sure how that all works as I don't earn nearly enough😆. Is she like take that and pretending she's selling second hand cars?

Something somewhere is very fishy, and jack seems just like the type to do performative posts about paying nurses more while aggressively paying as little tax as possible. But that's just my opinion jack, don't come at me with your 100% liable success rate 🤣
As far as I understand, she can keep the money (capital)in the business and take it out as a dividend at a later date to buy the house. There are better accountants here than me. I used to get furious when I had a senior role in a school earning around 54k or something (only just higher rate tax)- friends who were contractors earning double what I did paid a fraction of the tax and NI that I did through being directors of their own company and then paying themselves a token wage and then buying stuff through the company (?!).

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Just looked up the media under the hashtag, on google no mention of it, not even in the ones she writes for. I do feel a bit sorry for her a times. She literally has to say I did that, and people are like oh yeah I I couldn't remember who did it. It's just a polite way of saying I don't know who you are?!

Reactions: 19
For the person in the last thread who compared the woman off 24 hours in police to our jack. Sorry I cant find you

But yes.

It would not surprise me if a wheelchair selfie made it's way to the timeline this weekend slipped on papers left lying around by head of channel 4 news louisa Compton Brexit tin thief covid spreader and now apparently sponges off Jack
Slipped on a badly peeled potato or some expensive cheese.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
friends who were contractors earning double what I did paid a fraction of the tax and NI that I did through being directors of their own company and then paying themselves a token wage and then buying stuff through the company (?!).
Those are the very same people that say "nurses, doctors, teachers etc aren't paid enough."

Those are the very same people that say "I'm willing to pay my fair share of tax:"

Those are the same people that say "it's not tax evasion, it is avoidance, all legal. It's a loophole, I'd be mad not to do it."

Those are the very same people that tut when someone is convicted of benefit fraud. (not saying BF is right, but neither is tax avoidance)

Those are the very same people that should be taxed more to fund pay rises in the public sector.

Those are the very same people that moan about public sector pensions.

Those are the very same people that Jack brown noses up to.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Those are the very same people that say "nurses, doctors, teachers etc aren't paid enough."

Those are the very same people that say "I'm willing to pay my fair share of tax:"

These are the same people that say "it's not tax evasion, it is avoidance, all legal. It's a loophole, I'd be mad not to do it."

Those are the very same people that tut when someone is convicted of benefit fraud. (not saying BF is right, but neither is tax avoidance)

Those are the very same people that Jack brown noses up to.
Oh yes, this is almost everyone I know, many of whom share her tweets, follow her on FB and/ or buy her books. Also consider themselves ‘left leaning’ but couldn’t vote for Corbyn in case .... not sure.... he made it too good for poor people. Jack is a centrist like all these people.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I can just imagine all the MPs disabling their twitter PM's. Especially on their phone and then hitting delete to subject line. To me that's not campaigning it's actually harassment. These people have lives outside of the office and I doubt they would be happy with their phone being in fire last night whilst having family time. That's why letter writing and lobbying works better because you are raising awareness but not making yourself a problem. MPs are not Boris or the top boyos they are normal people with important jobs who normally vote for the things we want but get out voted, that's how democracy works. She's sooo irritating. She like an itch you can't scratch.

Reactions: 25
Oh yes, this is almost everyone I know, many of whom share her tweets, follow her on FB and/ or buy her books. Also consider themselves ‘left leaning’ but couldn’t vote for Corbyn in case .... not sure.... he made it too good for poor people. Jack is a centrist like all these people.
I've added a few more "those are the people". I could go on and on, and often do.😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Yel

As far as I understand, she can keep the money (capital)in the business and take it out as a dividend at a later date to buy the house. There are better accountants here than me. I
I don't think she'd take it out in one lump as then she'd pay the highest tax rate. The money is going somewhere! She can add around 40k a year to her pension but that would still leave a lot un accounted for. Then again she's probably lying and it is coming out as dividends, if she's prepared to tell lies that are easily debunked I'm sure she'll lie about her tax returns as that's private and no one will ever know!

By her own admission her wage has gone up massively since covid - from the living wage to now 23k 😆

Reactions: 34
How arrogant is her tweet about setting up an autoreply? She wants people who have paid for goods to stop bothering her and she wants people who are prepared to give her work to resend their email with a new title. Wtf?! Basically do my work for me - how professional. Jack, come up with your own email triage/filter/ prioritization system - if you are such a speed reader it should be easy to triage emails. And having a proper email system is probably a better approach than printing bloody everything off and putting it in lever arch files

• Heart
Reactions: 50
How arrogant is her tweet about setting up an autoreply? She wants people who have paid for goods to stop bothering her and she wants people who are prepared to give her work to resend their email with a new title. Wtf?! Basically do my work for me - how professional. Jack, come up with your own email triage/filter/ prioritization system - if you are such a speed reader it should be easy to triage emails. And having a proper email system is probably a better approach than printing bloody everything off and putting it in lever arch files
Get Caroline and her hands onto it!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.