Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Walkdengirl for the words and @Alansbigplate for the nomination of them! Your prize: a sharing platter of Jack’s peanut butter and Bombay Bad Boy delight.

Recap of thread #127

1. It’s ‘not her job to provide the answers, it’s her job to provide recipes for beans’.
  2. Oh, yay. Lockdownlarder 3. How long will this one last for? And make sure you don’t strip the shelves, y’all. Jack said so.
  3. Fun and games at the supermarket for long covid Jack.
  4. Can childminders still work in lockdown, cos Jack’s ‘friend’ really wants to know.
  5. ‘Glorious glorious autism crossed with local journalism has its uses.’
  6. The Queen of Lockdown, she is here.
  7. She found some old press cuttings of her as a 24-year-old single mum, for laffs. Never forget her face. ‘She still can’t open [her] own front door most of the time. An unexpected knock sends [her] absolutely feral under the surface.’
  8. She’s still recovering from corona. But she’s also still working and available for commissions!
  9. She’s branching out to natural cleaning products, seeing as her ‘post-corona tastebuds are up the swanny’.
  10. She made her own ... peanut butter?
  11. She is the ‘picture of Mary Poppins zen on the outside ... quite quiet and calm in real life.’
  12. Single parents, she sees you. Does everyone see her tip jar?
  13. For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*][*]
    Use the pink link tab at the top of the thread to find Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, where you will find all episodes of Daily Kitchen Live.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 103
Sublime recap as per usual Poca.

I find it hard to believe that gainfully employed BB is not contributing financially while she stays with JM?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Of course she was. She’s IS rewriting history. She changed her name before she got famous, and certainly didn’t change it because she thought Hadjicostas would be a barrier to a successful writing career because it was “too foreign”.

I always figured she did it because she’s impulsive and personality disordered and constantly trying to reinvent herself. Not to mention the old classic, she wanted to hurt her parents.

Also back in her transgender non binary period she used to rage at being “deadnamed” whenever there was any mention of Melissa Hadjicostas, so it’s pretty ironic that she’s now pretending to regret ditching her surname.
She did change her name before she 'hit the big time' and started getting pieces in the Guardian. SHe IS re-writing history. And she can get to absolute duck IMHO and here's why;

She, with her usual gross narcissism, is shoving herself into a discussion by BAME people about prejudice and difficulty that BAME people experience (that visibly caucasian people, privileged people, simply do not, Hadjicostas or not).

I am a obviously ethnic minority with a 100% anglo name. I have been to job interviews (presumably based upon on this 100% caucasian name) and had the interviewers call for me, stare around the room blankly, and look visibly, VISIBLY shocked as I rose to my feet, in my cheap suit, clutching my cheap briefcase. Somehow I doubt that Jack Monroe has ever come close to having this experience. And how dare she even dream of comparing her experience with the lifetime of microaggressions that the wonderful Kamala has lived.

BAH. I cant stand her in ALL her incarnations.

• Heart
Reactions: 102
How can she weight train and recover from long COVID at the same time? A professional liar needs to have a better memory!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Where’s she going to put the punchbag in the terribly small, crappy bungalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She doesn’t stop to think before typing on Twitter at all does she? She contradicts herself constantly and I don’t get why the squiggles don’t see it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 38
Just a reminder to everyone that you can block posters on here so you don’t have to see their posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just a reminder to everyone that you can block posters on here so you don’t have to see their posts.
Always feel like I've done something wrong when I see posts like this 😭

Anyway, what a catch up. Raging. Who does she think she is. And the way she answered that Squiggle who was having a hard time, making it all about her again. Arggghhhhhhhhh 🤬🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Saving a couple of quid on flash multipurpose won’t get you a deposit for your dream manor tbh, you’ve spent too much time listening to ur landlord dad if you believe that old toot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
new thread title suggestion = book deals and partnerships but still having it worst than the homeless, rattle the tip jar

If too long, allow swears = bleeping bleep - how low can she go?

ETA - that particular account may be a troll one, but the thoughts still stand that she thinks she is worst off despite releasing a book, current book deal, multiple partnerships, poorly written articles, Patreon, tip jar... (sure there's more) the kid having another parent to help out, stable (albeit just rented :rolleyes:) roof, heating, food and so on

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Many of those homemade cleaners go for lemon juice in the mix.
I wonder if I can use the bottled stuff?!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
If she's locking away her debit cards, it's not the amount she's earning that means she can't save, it means her spending must be out of control. I almost sympathise but half the time she's pretending it's because it's 'so' difficult being an author with multi-book contracts. I can't stand it.

I have a ten yr old though and he still requires quite a lot of intervention with the home ed. BUT he's a walk in the park compared to the younger one I have to home ed, who can't do anything on her own!

Reactions: 36
Dunno why but the thing that jumped out from her victimhood rant was the 'packing cards away to save for a house' bit - She's been banging on about it for ages, obviously, but with all of the patreon money rolling in I wouldn't put it passed her to push this narrative for a few months and hey-presto, A NEW HOUSE. In other words, confirm a long held belief of mine that she's secretly loaded and basically just waiting for the right moment/house before she buys. The problem with this of course is that she can't just do that after pleading poverty for so long so she's gonna have to precede it with a period of faux super-saving - Maybe this is it. The question is, what is an acceptable amount of time for her to pretend to be saving that ensures that her gullible fans don't ask too many questions? The vast majority of them are clearly morons so, 3-4 months is my bet.

• Angry
Reactions: 56
F0E77DD3-041A-4A37-97FA-233FE054A611.jpeg
95D7651F-D05A-4199-B4BC-41A940574D91.jpeg
EE886B11-9E26-4F3A-BA85-8FC0DF13F02D.jpeg

FF166891-8462-4FC4-9625-F201FD586548.jpeg
35D8DD6A-92D1-4029-A9CB-A3AB2F0C85D2.jpeg
2B5F475B-78B4-4B42-8300-2C07FEF0E0C9.jpeg

The nerve of her to use the hashtag and the account of people who have received NOTHING for ten months, and filed their bloody tax returns on time.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.