Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've spoken about this before but what a lovely podcast Kitchen Cabinet is. Since it's hosted by her 'Dad', the lovely Jay Rayner, who normally doesn't stand for any bullshit, you'd think she'd be invited on it. It's very much her niche, except that the guests make really interesting, sometimes daft suggestions about how to use up ingredients.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
EDEF6ECF-3225-497B-A58D-D4EC328B4D53.jpeg

Yeah, it’s hard. I know, why don’t we all trigger eachother and wallow in it and make it all seem helpless rather than using a potentially large platform to guide people towards helpful resources?

Personally I manage my CO parenting by handing my child over to their other parent.

Tit.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
she has NO clue does she.....she's got it made....people giving her cash for nothing (Patreon), partner with a six figure salary, am involved father for her child.

And NO Jack you did NOT work 16hr days....nor the 20hr ones you were banging on about back in April. You take take take and give duck all.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I tj
I am actually in shock at her tweet about regretting changing her name.

It's like the ultimate example of privilege in action that she compares herself to Poorna Bell and Kamala Harris, two women of colour who didn't change their first names, who grew up in (I am assuming here) white, english speaking communities where their names were another thing along with skin colour that marked them as different, and along comes Woe Is Me Monroe, who is "whiter than mayo" or whatever she called herself, middle class, comfortable upbringing to white parents in the south east of England, and her contribution to the conversation is "waaaaaaah, poor me, I regret my decision which I made of my own volition to change my name from " Melissa" every day."

Well that's not what you've said before!?!

She can't let anyone else BE can she? Literally every thing in the universe must be seen through the lens of how this effects Jack Monroe.

I just can't with this bullshit today.
I think she means her last name.

Reactions: 6
I wish a squiggle would ask her why Bubble Buddy isn't contributing to the bills.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
There will be a punchbag delivered to her publisher’s office within the week I’m sure. Why even mention such a specific thing if you weren’t expecting somebody to send you one?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
There will be a punchbag delivered to her publisher’s office within the week I’m sure. Why even mention such a specific thing if you weren’t expecting somebody to send you one?
What happened to the exercise every time JM received a nasty comment? 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.